1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AOL Question

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by phill, 26 Jul 2006.

1. phill

Gangster

Hi All

My girlfriend is on the old £17.99 (2MB) AOL Broadband package. I want to setup a wireless router but am a bit worried they will cut us off for using multiple screen names. I see that they do a £14.99 wireless package so wondered if they allow wireless on all their packages now??

TIA

Phill

2. phill

Gangster

ne body? :/

3. roughlad

Hitman

Get your migration code and leave AOhell.

4. Cronox

Gangster

I use wireless on AOL, I believe you need to be on at least the gold package under their terms (not sure what they actually do if you hook it up on the lowest package).

Edit: was just looking at their site and it seems all broadband packages now offer "Connect multiple PCs with home networking support"

Last edited: 27 Jul 2006
  5. OzZie

Mobster

You can create up to 8 screen names for access to the AOL software via the master screen name.

Just grab the wireless router and you should have basic net access. If you want to log onto AOL software for any reason (emails etc) then just setup a new connection via TCP/IP and enter the new screen names. :)