AOL Users in 'ere please.

Caporegime
OP
UPDATE:

Well im finally on, got switched today, but i had a nightmare getting me connection i made to work.

At first it kept coming up with some domain error, so it thought right ill try there software then, see if i have been deffo switched, or if they still on with it, but there software worked a treat connected straight away. :D

Tried a couple of times after that to make that connection, but still would'nt have it, so i thought wonder if i have to use the software then, so i did a bit of browsing for a bit, then i thought ahh bugger it try making it again, and it worked this time, so ive got their software on now for nowt. :D

Also im only on 512k, and i should have been on 1mb, so i phoned em up, and they gona upgrade me to the 1mb, and the guy said i should be on 1mb by the end of the month, so i thought well its only a couple of weeks so i can wait, my mate rekons it was probably BT that when they done, whatever it is they do, they probs stuck me on a 512k or summit, and now AOL will have to get me regraded to 1mb.

Anyway as i said ill be happy with the 512k for a couple of weeks as i can download now, i gave it a try, and i got me max speed, where as on Tiscali i could only get about 10k a sec as they were shaping it, so it wont kill me for a couple of weeks on 512k as im still downloading faster than i was on Tiscali. :D

Thanks again everyone for all the input. :cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Nice, as i said i cant complain as if i was still on Tiscali's 1mb i would have been getting 10k a sec down what with the buggers shaping p2p etc..., so even though im only on 512k im getting more than that, am getting the full speed as they don't shape it etc... and id rather have 60k a sec for a couple a weeks than 10k a sec. :)

Only gripe i have is, for some reason i cant access my e-mails from my network connection that i made for em, as i just keep getting this page cannot be displayed, but i can access them fine through their software, so luckily i had to put that on at first as i must have mucked my connection up as i could'nt get it to work so had to install it, but ive got it working fine now so all i have to do is logoff and sign in again through their software for me e-mails, i suppose its no big deal as i mainly only check em once a day, so i spose i can live with that. :D

Plus ive got my first month free anyway.

Soldato
I ahve aol setup with a router - 2 meg service - its top class and i have 0 problems with it to be honest - its a good move.
The AOL software has never been near this pc - its on my dads so my mum can use her 'internet and email'

Permabanned
LoadsaMoney said:
Nice, as i said i cant complain as if i was still on Tiscali's 1mb i would have been getting 10k a sec down what with the buggers shaping p2p etc..., so even though im only on 512k im getting more than that, am getting the full speed as they don't shape it etc... and id rather have 60k a sec for a couple a weeks than 10k a sec. :)

that will soon change when u start using P2P they will start slowing down the connection the more u use it, well it happens on mine anyway

Caporegime
OP
I hardly use it, just thought Tiscali was taking the ****, as they were saying to use p2p in their off peak hrs, but were only letting you have 10k a second, and now they don't support it so their FUP's wrong, i wouldn't have minded if they just left you full speeds off peak, but if you tried on peak hrs, then you got 10k a second, would have done me as i never used it on peak hrs anyway, and when i do use it its only for a couple of hrs if that. :)

Yeah i would'nt have put the software on either if my connection i made worked first time :p , still ill just leave the software on so i can get my e-mails as said, not really a big problem as its not as if im in and out of e-mails all day long, ill probably only check them before i go to bed at the end of the day, or i may not check em for a few days. :)

Back
Top Bottom