Aorus 15 SA - Fan noise

Associate
Hello to everyone,
I have the 15 SA model from Aorus and I'm having some trouble with the right side fan, started making a high pitch sound, like a subtle continuous whistle, at this model the fans spin all the time. Tried cleaning it and still didn't fix the issue. I have the warranty up to August 2021, but I've removed the warranty sticker as I needed to install an extra NVMe SSD and upgrade the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth module.
My questions are :
Does Gigabyte accept RMA's for laptops with no Warranty sticker?
Does anyone know how to fix this or is there any similar thread which can guide me towards the light?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
UPDATE

I've received a reply from Gigabyte regarding the warranty, I was told the following:

You can remove screws and remove the bottom cover to add/replace storage without canceling the warranty.
Note: If there is any damage caused during your installation or problem occurred in the device you install, this is out of warranty. Please do with caution.

I have installed my new NVMe and also the new Wi-Fi 6 & Bluetooth 5.0 module... happy days! :)

In regards to my fan noise, I can go with RMA and have it fixed, but this means that I'll have to stay without a laptop for quite a while or purchase myself a fan and install it when it arrives while still using the laptop, which I've already done and found a genuine replacement fan at around £25. Happy days again! :)

I've updated this in case someone else is looking for an answer to similar questions.

Extra details received regarding the registration of the laptop online, if the product was previously registered (I've requested to have the laptop registered on my account and have it deleted from the previous one):

For your information, we do not open the registration for second hand product and we do not provide transfer registration from AORUS account. Sorry.

That's annoying, MSI was amazing when I've asked them to update the registration.

Back
Top Bottom