Aorus 15-W9 review

Associate
While not without flaws, this laptop is more than powerful enough to run modern games at solid and consistent fps. General response speed is good as well, no major issues there. While the laptop can get very hot when running graphically intensive, it's nothing a good cooling mat can't fix and the control centre gives the option to run the fans at full speed which, while loud, is easily not an issue when wearing headphones thus negating the laptop's heat issue though this is obviously an issue when used without a headset. While I've seen reviews stating poor fan quality with a whistle, I have yet to encounter this same issue.
The system performance is easily more than a match for most laptops at a similar price while the hexa-core processor works with the SSD to provide efficient gaming performance, keeping it fast and smooth even with most 2019 games on ultra graphics settings. It doesn't want for storage either, with a 2tb hard drive with the option to enhance this as well.
All in all, while it has it's weaknesses, the laptop does what it's designed to do very well and is a strong purchase for a first time buyer like myself.

Back
Top Bottom