• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aorus cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Does anyone know if the 3080 Aorus Master/Extreme have officially released yet? I asked this on the website and someone told me they came out on the 17th but I never saw them as available on launch for sale or preorder and can't find anything else suggesting they were a launch card.

I know there's big delays and all that, but are they even officially out right now or are these a later mid Oct launch?

Associate
Does anyone know if the 3080 Aorus Master/Extreme have officially released yet? Someone told me they came out on the 17th but I never saw them as available on launch for sale or preorder.

I know there's big delays and all that but are they even officially out right now or are these a later mid Oct launch?

AORUS UK/IE tweeted one week ago to the day that they were expecting stock of the Master and Vision cards within 7 days...so in theory stock is overdue. It will be the first stock of both cards. Extreme wasn't mentioned though.

Associate
Does anyone know if the 3080 Aorus Master/Extreme have officially released yet? I asked this on the website and someone told me they came out on the 17th but I never saw them as available on launch for sale or preorder and can't find anything else suggesting they were a launch card.

I know there's big delays and all that, but are they even officially out right now or are these a later mid Oct launch?

They weren't available at launch just pre orders unfortunately. The Master card went live in the US on the 2nd October but i haven't seen any in the UK yet.

I have a 3080 Xtreme on order but unsure as to when ill receive it to be honest. I think @GIGA-Man said in the last Aorus thread that has now been closed for some reason they will start shipping in 4 weeks (this was around 7-10 days ago) It would be good to get an update as to when OCUK will receive their first shipment , maybe @Gibbo could provide a rough time frame?

Associate
OP
They weren't available at launch just pre orders unfortunately. The Master card went live in the US on the 2nd October but i haven't seen any in the UK yet.

I have a 3080 Xtreme on order but unsure as to when ill receive it to be honest. I think @GIGA-Man said in the last Aorus thread that has now been closed for some reason they will start shipping in 4 weeks (this was around 7-10 days ago) It would be good to get an update as to when OCUK will receive their first shipment , maybe @Gibbo could provide a rough time frame?

Some sort of date would be nice. I don't know when pre-ordering something without knowing a launch date became a thing, but its definitely not something I'm used too. I'm watching another competitor site who isn't pre-ordering for it at all (but does now have a placeholder listing for it) in hope of getting in on that early and then at least I'll know when I'll know when they've entered the UK too.

Associate
They launched on newegg in the US I believe on 2nd October but the launch didn't go to great from what I read.

As mentioned above, the UK Aorus twitter confirmed stock was coming in, but not seen anything from OCUK as of yet.

I'm 130th in the queue, so not expecting to get one for a number of weeks, but would be nice to start seeing stock coming in.

Associate
They launched on newegg in the US I believe on 2nd October but the launch didn't go to great from what I read.

As mentioned above, the UK Aorus twitter confirmed stock was coming in, but not seen anything from OCUK as of yet.

I'm 130th in the queue, so not expecting to get one for a number of weeks, but would be nice to start seeing stock coming in.

I'm 150 something in the queue for the 3080 Xtreme :(

I procrastinated ordering as i was gonna go for a 3090 but after seeing how little performance boost it gave I decided against it and went with the Xtreme card as it'll no doubt be the best 3080 available

Associate
115th in queue for the master. Will be interesting to see the queue change after the first shipment. Though I doubt it would be possible to know the exact size of the batch, due to a few cancellations I’m sure are happening too. Not complaining tho!

Associate
I'm 150 something in the queue for the 3080 Xtreme :(

I procrastinated ordering as i was gonna go for a 3090 but after seeing how little performance boost it gave I decided against it and went with the Xtreme card as it'll no doubt be the best 3080 available

I couldn't justify the price for a 3090 tbh.
I didn't order until the 24th until I was sure which card I wanted at first. I went with the master in the end.

Associate
I did just notice that they ship with that Robot toy thing though. Well pleased I get to pay for a stupid toy that I do not want.

Accessories
1‎. Quick guide
2. 4-year warranty registration
3. Metal sticker
4. Xtreme robot limited edition

Associate
I’m 6th for the 3080 Master and as far as I’m aware there’s no update on when they’re coming in

Let us know when you get a despatch confirmation. As you are almost certain to be in the first batch. Unless they only get 5 in to start with, which would really suck :D

Associate
Let us know when you get a despatch confirmation. As you are almost certain to be in the first batch. Unless they only get 5 in to start with, which would really suck :D

I will do, I spoke with ocuk and they assumed I would be in the initial batch. Haha, I thought exactly that! Sod’s law will kick in and they only get 5

Permabanned
Apparently they are all sold out and very few managed to filter down to the shops.
Also, there are expected to be shortages of the GPU chip until 2021 so don't expect a sudden upsurge of units in shops for a while.
There are reports that some companies failed to control sales and many were sold to so called Scalpers who just buy to sell at a ridiculous price to make loads of money out of the shortages they created.
I have noticed that some companies have had absolutely no stock of any 30 series as yet.

Last edited:
Associate
AORUS UK/IE tweeted one week ago to the day that they were expecting stock of the Master and Vision cards within 7 days...so in theory stock is overdue. It will be the first stock of both cards. Extreme wasn't mentioned though.
https://twitter.com/AORUS_UK/status/1310893844280602625

Here's the relevant tweet and it does mention the Xtreme. This is from 7 days ago and claims that Xtreme stock is due in "next 2 weeks", which would be next week so. It also wouldn't really make Master and Vision "overdue", just due now really. 7 days from the day it was tweeted is exactly today.

#40 in queue for the Xtreme, hoping it might still be this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom