AORUS Gaming Laptops - NEW RANGE here now :-)

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi All,

After a period of time that's been tooo long, AORUS is now back with a full range of Gaming Laptops, new chassis, new features and of course new 10th Gen CPU's paired with the latest NVIDIA GPUS.

Check out the new ranges on the links below. Anything not currently in stock, landing very soon.

AORUS 5 and 7 - Mid Range Gaming from £1,399 => £1,599

LT0ARGI_246727_800x800.jpg

AORUS 15G and 17G - Mid to High end Gaming - Slimmest Gaming Laptop with FULL Mechanical Keyboard, Full Aluminium Chassis from £1,699 => £2,899

LT0APGI_245250_800x800.jpg

AORUS 17X Flagship Gaming Range - Full Mechanical Keyboard housed in Full Aluminium Chassis from £2,299 => £3,699

LT0AAGI_245191_800x800.jpg

LT0AAGI_245196_800x800.jpg

LT0AAGI_245194_800x800.jpg

Stocks Limited, more on way.

We look forward to your comments, have a great weekend and as always, Stay Safe, Stay Home, GAAAAAAME ON !

Regards,

Team AORUS

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
grown adults wouldn't want to pay those prices either lol
the dell and acer equivalents with the 2060 gpu can be found for £1150 and £979!

@tamzzy - Pre-orders seem to contradict your well informed opinion. Regarding "equivalents" from competitors, contradiction in terms, you are comparing Apples and Bananas.

Thanks for taking the time to comment though,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Man of Honour
Pre-orders seem to contradict your well informed opinion. Regarding "equivalents" from competitors, contradiction in terms, you are comparing Apples and Bananas.

Thanks for taking the time to comment though,

Regards,

Team AORUS
no problems
happy to bump your thread
regards
tamzzy

Associate
Wonder if the 17x is loud as the model it replaces. That would be my only gripe. Because it was like a jet taking off even playing less demanding titles

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Wonder if the 17x is loud as the model it replaces. That would be my only gripe. Because it was like a jet taking off even playing less demanding titles

Hi @Furos - the 17X is completely new model in the UK and hasn't replaced anything, as such. Its new chassis, and newly engineered cooling system.

Of course with high performance laptops, as with other higher performance engineered machines, cars and such like, there is heat and a need for increased fan performance to ensure cooling is optimised......

Reviews will be coming very soon,,,, stay tuned :)

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi @Furos - the 17X is completely new model in the UK and hasn't replaced anything, as such. Its new chassis, and newly engineered cooling system.

Of course with high performance laptops, as with other higher performance engineered machines, cars and such like, there is heat and a need for increased fan performance to ensure cooling is optimised......

Regards,

Team AORUS

Hi,

I'm new here. I have a few questions for team AORUS @Atom80:

Why don't you keep enabled the Intel GPU on your laptops and increase the battery life in the same time? I'm sure that will be amazing for everyone, considering is a laptop. Most manufacturers keep them both enabled.

Control Center ... I'm sure you've heard this question 1000 times already... but, why don't you make Fan Control with more options? My laptop's fans run non stop and when is night and I want to use it, I can't because my wife is sleeping, baby sleeping and when I'm using it without headphones I can hear them all the time. It drives me crazy. From 15 - 20 % CPU usage the fans kick in for simple browsing, having a document open or even Paint... even ad Idle you can hear them. Most manufacturers have multiple profiles, from Quiet, Normal, Performance or other. Most of them, on quiet profile, don't have the fan spinning at all for simple tasks, but Aorus no no no, you have only Normal and Turbo... I know is a gaming machine, but I'm sure it should be used also in normal conditions as most of the people prefer a portable solution, like gaming and work laptop with decent battery life.

Do you charge shipping for RMA's in the same Country? MSI doesn't, DELL doesn't, maybe other manufacturers.

I'll be keeping my Aorus laptop for another month, if no update, then I'll move to any other manufacturer which listens to its customers.

Thank you!

Regards,

Team CUSTOMERS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Hi,

I'm new here. I have a few questions for team AORUS @Atom80:

Why don't you keep enabled the Intel GPU on your laptops and increase the battery life in the same time? I'm sure that will be amazing for everyone, considering is a laptop. Most manufacturers keep them both enabled.

Control Center ... I'm sure you've heard this question 1000 times already... but, why don't you make Fan Control with more options? My laptop's fans run non stop and when is night and I want to use it, I can't because my wife is sleeping, baby sleeping and when I'm using it without headphones I can hear them all the time. It drives me crazy. From 15 - 20 % CPU usage the fans kick in for simple browsing, having a document open or even Paint... even ad Idle you can hear them. Most manufacturers have multiple profiles, from Quiet, Normal, Performance or other. Most of them, on quiet profile, don't have the fan spinning at all for simple tasks, but Aorus no no no, you have only Normal and Turbo... I know is a gaming machine, but I'm sure it should be used also in normal conditions as most of the people prefer a portable solution, like gaming and work laptop with decent battery life.

Do you charge shipping for RMA's in the same Country? MSI doesn't, DELL doesn't, maybe other manufacturers.

I'll be keeping my Aorus laptop for another month, if no update, then I'll move to any other manufacturer which listens to its customers.

Thank you!

Regards,

Team CUSTOMERS

Hi @Hakuna M,

In reply to your first point, the new AORUS17X does enable users to switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPU's;

upload_2020-6-17_16-18-58.png

With Regards to Control Centre and fan controls, please confirm what model it is you have, and also Serial Number, Control Centre version installed, and screen shot of the Driver versions you have installed - we will communicate with HQ to ensure everything is as it should be, or if any improvements are available via Smart Updates.

Do you charge shipping for RMA's in the same Country? Our 2 year warranty is Global, and if you are in the country you purchased the unit (ie UK to UK service centre) Courier Collect and Return is covered by the warranty and no cost to you.

Let us know on the above points regarding Control Centre, and we will endeavour to support you,

Best Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi @Atom80,

Nice to hear the new ones have both options. Is there any way to have them enabled in the older versions? I have the Aorus 15 SA and have the same issue with the fans, please see pictures below for software versions:

https://ibb.co/Nj6Qrz2
https://ibb.co/ggwdgQc
https://ibb.co/2Zjg9Mq

Control Center is showing that I have a newer software version installed and an old one is needed, not a big deal. Everything works as it should, but fans are running al the time and I have set everything to save power like CPU is on ECO, Power Plan is on Power Saving. Is there any way to not have them running all the time?

Thank you!

Associate

Regards,

Team AORUS

Very much looking forward to some reviews. My gt73vr is getting a little long in the tooth

Associate
Hi @Atom80 and thank you for replying.
In reply to your first point, the new AORUS17X does enable users to switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPU's;
Does this mean that you don't care about your old customers? I'm sure this can be enabled in BIOS with an update.
With Regards to Control Centre and fan controls, please confirm what model it is you have, and also Serial Number, Control Centre version installed, and screen shot of the Driver versions you have installed - we will communicate with HQ to ensure everything is as it should be, or if any improvements are available via Smart Updates.

Aorus 15 XA, don't have the serial number as I don't like stickers on my toys. Control Centre version 20.04.30.01

Do you charge shipping for RMA's in the same Country? Our 2 year warranty is Global, and if you are in the country you purchased the unit (ie UK to UK service centre) Courier Collect and Return is covered by the warranty and no cost to you.

That sounds great, but if nothing is solved with the fans, for me is goodbye Aorus.

Regards,

Team CUSTOMERS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Hi @Atom80,

Nice to hear the new ones have both options. Is there any way to have them enabled in the older versions? I have the Aorus 15 SA and have the same issue with the fans, please see pictures below for software versions:

https://ibb.co/Nj6Qrz2
https://ibb.co/ggwdgQc
https://ibb.co/2Zjg9Mq

Control Center is showing that I have a newer software version installed and an old one is needed, not a big deal. Everything works as it should, but fans are running al the time and I have set everything to save power like CPU is on ECO, Power Plan is on Power Saving. Is there any way to not have them running all the time?

Thank you!

Hi @Ionut Rotaru - HQ have replicated the scenarios on a machine, but are unable to replicate the problem you are experiencing, so the advise would therefore be to send it into our Service Centre, so they can asses and improve the situation for you.

Assuming you are based in the U.K, the details are as follows:

Technical support: 0844 244 9999

Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm, excludes Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays.

MendIT Ltd Unit 1 Magnesium Court Burnley Bridge Industrial Estate Burnley Lancashire England BB12 7BF

E-Mail: [email protected]

Let us know if you need anything further from us.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
The 17x looks like it's been styled to appeal to 13 year olds with a price that only grown adults can afford!

Looks hideous! Sorry :)

Totally agree. Pity the Aorus 7 doesnt come with a decent GPU, looks nice and less tacky than the other two model ranges.
@Atom80 Can you tell me what is the TDP of the RTX 2060 in the Aurus 17 G please? Im torn between this and the Aorus 7 RTX 2060 (90w TDP i believe?)

Last edited:
Associate
First review now live @ T3
They look like nice laptops, but looking at the specs and that review, it seems like there is very little value for money to be found, rather expensive and overpriced, also using older version graphics, aka non super, at prices STARTING over 2k lol?. Not impressed.

I’m a direct salesman, I’m used to selling in people’s homes doing deals for thousands £££ daily, with plenty disposable income and I would not purchase at those prices, nor see how to spin it to others to buy them, sure they are nice, but they are a hard pass until cheaper or on a heavy sale discount. And I say this as someone with money sitting waiting, as I’m currently in the market for a new desktop replacement to game on.

Just my opinion as a OCUK customer.

Associate
They look like nice laptops, but looking at the specs and that review, it seems like there is very little value for money to be found, rather expensive and overpriced, also using older version graphics, aka non super, at prices STARTING over 2k lol?. Not impressed.

I’m a direct salesman, I’m used to selling in people’s homes doing deals for thousands £££ daily, with plenty disposable income and I would not purchase at those prices, nor see how to spin it to others to buy them, sure they are nice, but they are a hard pass until cheaper or on a heavy sale discount. And I say this as someone with money sitting waiting, as I’m currently in the market for a new desktop replacement to game on.

Just my opinion as a OCUK customer.

They are 10th gen intel cpu with a rtx2080 super.
Very well spec for a high end gaming laptop. My only issue with this is how loud it will be. Which puts me off. Even with older models every review said they are loud. This is no different which is disappointing

Associate
They are 10th gen intel cpu with a rtx2080 super.
Very well spec for a high end gaming laptop. My only issue with this is how loud it will be. Which puts me off. Even with older models every review said they are loud. This is no different which is disappointing

Nope, the top spec 17x Flagship entry model, ships with a RTX 2070, NOT even a Super variant... and its £2.3k.....

2.3k for a Laptop, and its not even got top spec CPU in it, and its got a GPU that is multiple steps down from the top dog. Its just poor value, you are paying for branding and "bling bling snake oil"....

Just an edit to show the poor value, the newly amped up RTX 2060 115W version, that should be the default going into the rest of 2020 now for 2060 gpu's in laptops in general, is performing above the RTX 2070 in a lot of benchmarks.....

This is a gpu now available in £1k machines....

Kinda makes it look POOR value, doesn't it :)

Back
Top Bottom