AORUS Gaming Laptops - NEW RANGE here now :-)

Associate
Looks great thinking of getting the 15G or 17G but waiting a few weeks to see if Amd has any new laptops coming out that dont suck, good 8 core CPU for the price but wasted on low grade laptops.

The 17G 2070Super is at my max budget or 15G 2060/ 1660ti if I don't want to go too crazy lol.

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Nope, the top spec 17x Flagship entry model, ships with a RTX 2070, NOT even a Super variant... and its £2.3k.....

2.3k for a Laptop, and its not even got top spec CPU in it, and its got a GPU that is multiple steps down from the top dog. Its just poor value, you are paying for branding and "bling bling snake oil"....

Just an edit to show the poor value, the newly amped up RTX 2060 115W version, that should be the default going into the rest of 2020 now for 2060 gpu's in laptops in general, is performing above the RTX 2070 in a lot of benchmarks.....

This is a gpu now available in £1k machines....

Kinda makes it look POOR value, doesn't it :)

HI @Sgt_Major - thanks for your feedback, albeit inaccurate.

We are fairly confident that you aren't going to find a like-for-like comparison offering better value. Full Aluminum Chassis, premium materials throughout, full mechanical keyboard,,,,, and a raft of gamer focused features and styling.

Have a good weekend,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Weird question how come the HD is a slow one? The 2TB drives are 5400RPM surely for that price they should at least be the 7200 RPM? Its a bit daft!

Soldato
Does anyone have any real world experiences with the Aorus 15G, 17G or 17X?

I’m considering purchasing one of the three. Would prefer a 15” but low fan noise is one of my main priorities, which is why I am also considering the 17” models if they are quieter.

I know these models all have custom fan curve control but just wondered what the noise is like. Sometimes the pitch of the sound can be worse than the loudness of it. (a problem I encountered with the MSI GE66).

Thanks.

Associate
I would strongly recommend staying away from these laptops. I bought an Aorus X7 v7, 2 1/2 years ago. The lid no longer shuts, and when trying to open/close the laptop lid, the bezels and plastics can be seen bending (from the back, I could also see the back of the bezels glue as it was pulling that away when trying to close the lid)

After being quoted £360 by Gigabytes repair team to fix it, I took it to an independant repairer who's found that the hinges they use just connect in to a flimsy plastic block which is part of the lid.

This laptop has been used less than 50 times in those 30 months, yet the hinges have become incredibly stiff and have pretty much destroyed the laptop lid because of this. But it's not seen as a manufacturing fault.

This is on top of the fact that they failed to attach the hard drive it came with...

Soldato
Well its only early days with my 15G, but I'd say that they must have learnt their lesson with that model then as the 15G seems to have some pretty decent hinges.
If you look at the internal images of the 15G and 17G you will see that they allocated space in the corners for the hinge and as a result have had to route the side exhaust pipes round the other side of the fan because of the hinges.
I like the way the lid stays closed and doesnt flap around as well, which from what I can see might be from using magnets on the side of the hinge.

Soldato
Yikes - that doesnt look good.
I cant see that happening with the 15G or 17G based on how they make the hinges now - but I wouldnt be happy having to pay out to get that repaired.

MSI laptops suffered from bad hinges as well. Although apparently the new GE66 has new hinges too.

Associate
The worst part, the laptop has a 2 year warranty, so its out of that by 7 months or so. And now I'll need to pay £300+ for the repair... which I'm half tempted to just scrap it as I'm just that bitter by this whole endevour, I'm naustious.

Back
Top Bottom