Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Soldato
OP
Any ideas on what the Auros Ultra and Pro Wifi will cost? I want a Wifi option this time around.

not sure if a wifi will come to Pro models . If Gigabyte were smart, they would have done a Pro Version with AC wifi at a cheaper price then Ultra with its AX wifi

expecting boards to be slightly more expensive then current z390 but not by much hopefully . I dont think AMD cheapers as much per their chipsets as Intel and like the z390 chipset, keeping everything inhouse like controllers etc keeps costs down for boards as not needing 3rd party controllers

Soldato
OP
@orbitalwalsh

Mornin' Orbi - is this a place holder - Clicky?

EDIT: Would this relieve your 9700K itch? :D

well, im wrong then haha . didnt see wifi parts listed and no in taiwan, least they are rocking AX wifi units as a plus :D

wife has told me want to change desk units etc so will need to go ITX

thinking Aorus x570 wifi and Raijintek Ophion M Evo or Neo-G Mini . Intel might be a bit to hot !

Soldato
well, im wrong then haha . didnt see wifi parts listed and no in taiwan, least they are rocking AX wifi units as a plus :D
Nah, you said "not sure" - so you were not technically wrong :)

Plus, your board photos - were a coup.

wife has told me want to change desk units etc so will need to go ITX
You need to speak to @tamzzy - he's going mITX too. Plus, he has experience of cooling volcanic emitting materials in ridiculously confined spaces... His case choice is a great design - the card (vertical mount) isn't butted up against the glass - actually has room to breathe (cheap too):

EDIT: I see you listed the Neo-G Mini - d'oh! Well, you like pics :D

8ED8fxb.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
he's going mITX too
yeah. but now planning end of 2019 or 2020. i can see ryzen 3000 and the boards being gouged to hell and back. :(
i know it's chump change when considering cost-per-year, but i'd rather not spend more than i have to. guess my 3770k will need to soldier on a bit longer lol...

^^^its an extremely nice case
phanteks need to release neo-g v2 with a bottom psu mount.

Aorus x570 wifi
lol i was thinking of going with the strix

Soldato
OP
yeah. but now planning end of 2019 or 2020. i can see ryzen 3000 and the boards being gouged to hell and back. :(
i know it's chump change when considering cost-per-year, but i'd rather not spend more than i have to. guess my 3770k will need to soldier on a bit longer lol...

phanteks need to release neo-g v2 with a bottom psu mount.

have asus trade account and their RMA is straight swap unlike retail. couldn't be doing rma to EU and back after brexit if it goes badly , normally asus is a lost cheaper with trade but aorus is cheaper still - though i have a feeling ITX boards will be £190.... specially if they are £170 with Z390 versions and less phases and features :(
do like EKWB asus mono blocks!

Soldato
Makes sense.

Plus, have similar feelings myself - as mentioned i wasn't surprised at Ryzen pricing (nor you), which is why i've avoided the CPU thread as bemused by the fuss - and outright gobsmacked by some, reasoning/dreaming.

But, the boards - I know what you mean - these are leaving a bit if an aftertaste - but not just cost for me. Agreed, chump change, in grand scheme - but - and i know it shouldn't matter - i really, really dislike most board designs (regardless of fan), apart from top tier (and i can't justify the Xtreme - zero need). Some board designers look like they were caught on the hop, and had 10 minutes to cobble together PCH heatsink with fan and then implement to board :/. And i don't even buy windowed cases (padded cells) - but still enjoy the aesthetics of my hardware when i do allow it some yard time.

I'm looking hard at the Aorus Pro - but, again, bleah! And, as you say 'predicted' prices suck - i 'may' wait late 2019 as i'm not exactly in any need for a new setup/s (but really want to play). Plus, i may be out of the country on launch, depending on how things pan out, which would ruin the 'in it together' experience anyway. I may even venture into mITX myself for one build - and aesthetics really wouldn't matter us it would be hidden by a Rock. :D

I really like the Neo-G - but firmly stuck in my air 'brick' cooled ways, so a no go :(

EDIT:

Gonna relax, close your eyes and take that Asus tax, eh? :D

Soldato
So they launch the Extreme Waterfoce z390 to cool a chipset that it didn't need. And they launched a x570 without a waterfoce that actually benefit from it. Hmm
It may be a case of watch this space - you've got to give them time to make it pig ugly, which seems to be the running theme (apart from Xtreme).

Man of Honour
have asus trade account and their RMA is straight swap unlike retail. couldn't be doing rma to EU and back after brexit if it goes badly , normally asus is a lost cheaper with trade but aorus is cheaper still - though i have a feeling ITX boards will be £190.... specially if they are £170 with Z390 versions and less phases and features :(
a bit of a bummer with the RMA to EU after brexit. need to factor that into account...
and yeah, i think the asus x570 boards will mirror the z390 pricing. ~£300 for the impact, and ~£220 for the strix

outright gobsmacked by some, reasoning/dreaming.
ikr. shock horror as a company with decent products (finally) tries to make some profit...hilarious, especially 4k8kw10's responses...like he'd just been told by his parents that he was actually adopted :p

I may even venture into mITX myself for one build - and aesthetics really wouldn't matter us it would be hidden by a Rock. :D
I really like the Neo-G - but firmly stuck in my air 'brick' cooled ways, so a no go :(
you know you want to :p and with an aio cooler too ;)

Gonna relax, close your eyes and take that Asus tax, eh? :D
#lubeprepared
if it has the best power delivery, then maybe. strix looking decent, price dependent of course. i'm not one to throw cash willy-nilly.

Soldato
OP
@tamzzy im sure 1800x prices were quite expensive at the time of first launch, though it was double the core/thread count of intels in a time when Streaming was hitting a peak of new comers .

glad AMD increasing the price , still cheaper then Intel, thats all it needs to be. Ryzen 2*** pricing being cheaper made more sense as intel increase their core count, speed and pricing . Once again AMD will increase core count by a big amount and charging a little less. Good on AMD ! THOUGH... resellers will most likely jack up the price of Ryzen 12 cores when they sell out, then in tern, with Intel shortages, increase them .

End of the day, always large resellers that make the most . I think the Big 3 AIB make single digit profits with cards now a days, only due to big volume sales! amd and nvidia reference boards kills them at the start

i think with the Aorus and ROG ITX- it'll be down the controller - hence why gigabyte werent impressed with asus matching their ITX

just seen Antec P82... its like lian li dynamic and Phanteks p600 had a child ! @Plec

wondering if an ITX mounted on Phanteks ITX mounting kit can be added to the bottom with 2-3 cuts...

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh

just seen Antec P82... its like lian li dynamic and Phanteks p600 had a child ! @Plec
Missed this, thanks Orbi.

I am a fan of both brands and looking hard at p600 (use to always buy Lian LI, back in the day - the aluminium craze) - and that Antec looks interesting. Plain deign, lots of space and looks like it would take 140mm intake fans - but can't see where it would draw the air from pic? Unless, bottom feed is pivotal...

But, top PSU placement - so would be sitting above my toasted brick. Not sure why this design is coming back into fashion - unless the presumption is that most builders are using AIOs (which we're not! :p).

I wonder if In-Win/Lian-Li case designs have proved a point that the heat from the PSU has a direct impact on the GPU temps - perhaps more so when vertically mounted(?). Plus, the increasing use of AIOs - which would have negligible impact on the PSU temps with decent intakes.

This maybe why the Neo hasn't reversed their design @tamzzy - as this may negate benefits of GPU placement due to heat rising from PSU case/shroud and assumes use of AIO? Although, would have thought heat would be negligible with decent intake fan placement (thinking out loud)...

So, P82 just needs a padded side panel (no light/noise emitting window :o), and bottom mounted PSU to be perfect for my needs (this, AIO peer pressure is mounting even with larger cases) :p

As an a side @orbitalwalsh - my son has been YouTubing (Linus) that sodding RGB Corsair kit you linked to - very unsubtley(sic). I'll be sending him with a return ticket to your place for assembly - if this ends up on a Xmas list! Your third baby will not be an excuse :D

ErIVwW8.jpg

Man of Honour
I wonder if In-Win/Lian-Li case designs have proved a point that the heat from the PSU has a direct impact on the GPU temps - perhaps more so when vertically mounted(?). Plus, the increasing use of AIOs - which would have negligible impact on the PSU temps with decent intakes.

This maybe why the Neo hasn't reversed their design @tamzzy - as this may negate benefits of GPU placement due to heat rising from PSU case/shroud and assumes use of AIO? Although, would have thought heat would be negligible with decent intake fan placement (thinking out loud)...
probably because a top mounted psu = basically another exhaust... = cooler temps

Soldato
probably because a top mounted psu = basically another exhaust... = cooler temps
True - but when using a brick, they kick in the PSU fan earler. It's AIO bias.. :p

*Although i do have my fans on 25% and a 60 degree before bump...

EDIT: May do a comparison test when i next do an AIO build with top mounted PSU (Suspect, i'll be too lazy - may Google. Plus, impact may be negligible as the fans may kick in earlier purely due to ambient case temps full stop. Too lazy to Google in detail to see if anyone has tested. Beer and end of day emails...)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
yeah. i wish intel/amd would do an nvidia and sell directly lol

asus has it beat...8+2 vs 6+2 no? (as long as price is semi-decent)

Looking at the pictures of the board, can clearly see the 8 VRM on the left hand side . I thought like aorus its 8 Phases - stated as 8 for marketing terms but actually 8+2 . Aorus has done this with all its boards as asus with its ATX boards. Asus states Formula as 16 phases but is 14+2 design .

***been relooking at pics now, can see Strix having 8+2 - chokes are quite far apart from two phases but this could be the Soc . Have a feeling Strix will use doublers or dual Loop circuit

I can see two chokes at the top but no TDA21472 attached to it. there is space from were the mosfet cooler reaches the AM4 bracket to the bottom for space to fit in

*** looking at close up picture, the heatsink isnt cut out towards the bottom, so no chokes there. have a feeling its 6+2 but 70amp units across to strix's 8+2 40 amps

IMG_201905sxsx27_141111.jpg

strix-i-2d.jpg

also, only Aorus are using true 16 channel PWMs . I know MSI are using a PWM that can take multiple Mosfets to its controller or have a Dual loops system like Asus did with z390 boards (didnt work well for them), it gets rid of using Doublers but not as clean for power delivery/ripples .
s

So far only Gigabyte been 100% clear with VRMs and PWM controllers - I have a feeling its massive PR bragging rights with MSI behind them

https://premiumbuilds.com/guides/best-x570-motherboards/

personally, I actually hope Impact is 8+2 and they have used the extra space wisely. Gigabyte, ASrock and MSI need to copy this standard for a £ 180-240 pound board. Those that install these boards will most likely be using a dual or triple slot cooler . Might as well take advantage of that extra slot space all ITX cases in non- shoe box form offer

damn, Gaming X is packing 10 x 60 amp units - granted cheaper PPak units like Z390 boards, but should best best budget entry by far

@Plec haha, corsair has gone all out, sourcing best OEMs for each kit. Shows how much they changed direction with EBWK staff joining on board . Instead of sticking to Alphacool as sole OEM . Means profit for item wouldn't be as high, but quality is of the HIGHEST...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom