if so, then strix's 2(4) *40amps...meh, then giga's 6 * 70A is better

Gigabytes is 6 true

GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI ITX
6 Digital IR PowIRstage, Infineon TDA21472 70A CPU Vcore Phase
2 Digital IR PowlRstage, 40A CPU SoC Phase
IR35201 6(6)+2 Vcore PWM Controller and Mode
NO doublers
NO Vcore Driver (PowIR is integrated)

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infin...N.pdf?fileId=5546d462576f347501579c95d19772b5

on all boards with more then 8 phases, Gigabyte uses this controller

IR XDPE132G5C

https://www.embedded-computing.com/...or-solution-for-next-gen-ai-and-5g-networking

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/Powering_Next_Gen_Processors/

Soldato
OP
hmmm...guess i don't need to pay asus tax then! lol

MSI uses IR35201

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infin...N.pdf?fileId=5546d462576f347501579c95d19772b5

I have a feeling so does Asus - could be wrong but they haven't made a song and dance about using the brand new 16 phase controller. and the IR35201 would be cheaper

Only bad thing with Gigabyte PR, should have stated **+2 phases on their initial description. on their website they do break it down finally. should be like MSI straight off the bate but least they have released all their board details from the go .
been about a decade since they lots their crown to ASUS for being largest PCB producer

now... can you picture phases on ATX/ITX Z470 boards for 10 core intels..........
70amps is the top , but both ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte not using the top IR/TDA unit - TDA21475

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I have a feeling so does Asus - could be wrong but they haven't made a song and dance about using the brand new 16 phase controller. and the IR35201 would be cheaper
buildzoid thinks impact is using a ir35201 asus rebrand. so yeah, strix would be same or inferior

Soldato
OP
buildzoid thinks impact is using a ir35201 asus rebrand. so yeah, strix would be same or inferior

hopefully helps users - need to update X570 MSI and ASrock threads as im sure I recreated them when leaks first rolled in

En1WhG6.jpg

least we know 16 cores is coming and takes 1.4*v to hold 4.4ghz all core overclock currently from leaks , and 4.7/8 can be held with 8/12 core . Have a feeling TDP does go out the window , and AVX performance increase is reason why VRMs gone overkill as well as Marketing VRM war - as well as Gigabyte z370 getting ripped apart !

Gigabyte are smart, will just use Phases in the Master for B550 ITX if they make one

must admit, EKWB is going to make a killing with Mono blocks!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
@orbitalwalsh Looks good.
Where is the 2nd m.2 slot?
I was thinking of going full nvme for my next build lol.
Maindrive: Sammy 970/ wd black V2/ Corsair MP 510 (or maybe even a pcie4 ssd lol)
Storage drive: 1 or 2tb intel 660p

Soldato
managed to find back shots of the Aorus ITX from a site

HdFPqas.jpg

PbDZyi9.jpg

As usual, ITX boards from all vendors should equal Flagship model ram OC Speeds. not surprising since most records are set on itx boards :D
A true ITX too - from description the ASUS is a mDTX.

It's reading like you can put away your lube dispenser, @tamzzy.

Soldato
OP
@orbitalwalsh Looks good.
Where is the 2nd m.2 slot?
Maindrive: Sammy 970/ wd black V2/ Corsair MP 510 (or maybe even a pcie4 ssd lol)
Storage drive: 1 or 2tb intel 660p

at the back, primary is under that heatsink/fan unit .

asking Samsung via brother about their pcie 4.0 stuff ( helped them out with their gaming rig in London , so least owe me some info)

personally, got for pcie 4.0 nvme . current ones are super fast but didnt quite make a difference with gaming. you'd hope next gen being even quicker should hopefully translate to some gains... maybe PS5 is showing this off already...

@Plec I kind of agree with Asus on the real ITX format. most cases, gaming cases have 2 PCI slots , might as well take advantage of that extra gap. Leave B550 boards as single options

I think it will catch on

wonder is Gigabyte will do a x570 SOC like z370/z270

Soldato
(or maybe even a pcie4 ssd lol)
I think i'm more intrigued with your build than my own. Not sure the offset of the ASUS tax will cover PCIe 4 drives - may have to search out the lube again.

Soldato
@Plec I kind of agree with Asus on the real ITX format. most cases, gaming cases have 2 PCI slots , might as well take advantage of that extra gap. Leave B550 boards as single options

I think it will catch on
Agreed, but will cut out some main stream 'ITX' cases that use PCIe risers.

Associate
Be the Aorus itx for me as the fan block just unbolts off, leaving a big lower alloy nvme mounting plate.
Just need the price as the components look good on it, 200 or less.

Man of Honour
current ones are super fast but didnt quite make a difference with gaming.
it's the programs that don't take advantage of the speed/iops - as per the ps5 demo...hopefully should improve...

I think i'm more intrigued with your build than my own. Not sure the offset of the ASUS tax will cover PCIe 4 drives - may have to search out the lube again.
i was always going to get an m.2 nvme as a main drive. debating whether to use my current 1tb ssd as my storage...but since x470 going to have pcie4...might as well make use of it and go dual nvme...
also opens up the possibility of watercooling (maybe) since less cabling lol :X

I kind of agree with Asus on the real ITX format. most cases, gaming cases have 2 PCI slots , might as well take advantage of that extra gap. Leave B550 boards as single options
Agreed, but will cut out some main stream cases that use PCIe risers.
yeah, i don't think the impact will fit the neo-g?

Soldato
OP
Be the Aorus itx for me as the fan block just unbolts off, leaving a big lower alloy nvme mounting plate.
Just need the price as the components look good on it, 200 or less.

think i might end up this way to ... with this

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £156.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)

least allow me to mount triple slot aorus GPU and 360 AIO and i giant 185mm PSU !

that or http://www.sliger.com/products/cases/sm560/

@tamzzy ^^^

Soldato
also opens up the possibility of watercooling (maybe) since less cabling lol :X
I deleted - "are you sure your'e not considering water?" - from my last post looking at your posts/spec.

yeah, i don't think the impact will fit the neo-g?
Not 100% sure on that either - but 'i think' they're talking about the cases that rely on an extender to actually fit an ITX into their cases - where the GPU fits on the other side of the motherboard.

The NEO-G maybe OK.

LOL - well the double entendre for that would probably get me a ban.

Back
Top Bottom