Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Associate
Anyone having an issue with their PC restarting automatically after a windows shutdown?

I've got an Aorus X570 Xtreme and for the past week or so, when I click shutdown in windows, it completely shuts down as normal and then after about 2 seconds it restarts again.

Other than holding down the power button on the case I can't turn the bloody thing off.

Any ideas?

My PC used to reboot after a shutdown unless I also turned the monitor off. After a bit of head scratching I figured out it was because I had enabled USB as a boot option in the BIOS during a Windows reinstall.

Associate
Anybody got any experience of getting Wake on LAN (WOL) working with the x570 ULTRA?

Tried numerous combinations:
  • Reinstalling latest drivers from Intel and setting Wake on Magic Packet;
  • Disabling Fastboot;
  • Enabling/Disabling eRP in the BIOS (F6a);
  • Enabling the full network stack on the integrated Intel network card;
  • Checking through all firewall rules/logs (pfSense);
  • Checking through network switch configuration (HP v1910-24G POE);
  • Checking through wireless access point configuration (Ubiquiti AC-Lite);
  • Installing Windows Simple TCP Services (for Ports 7 and 9);
  • etc.
Still can't get the thing to acknowledge a WOL packet even when setting the SecureOn password to 12:34:56:78:90. Gigabyte support don't seem to know either, their only suggestion was eRP being disabled but still nothing :(

Ree

Ree

Associate
can anyone download the x570 aorus elite bios f10c from the web page? i just keep getting an error hitting the download. only installed the f10a bios a few days ago so dunno whats changed with this one.

Associate
Guys/Girls, i am in two minds, i have a 3900x running on a b450 mortar (non max) which by all accounts, Buildzoid states is a good board. But do i owe it to the 3900x to pair it with an x570? will i see any benefits other than Better VRM's/Power delivery? i am limited to Mini or Micro board.

Guys/Girls, i am in two minds, i have a 3900x running on a b450 mortar (non max) which by all accounts, Buildzoid states is a good board. But do i owe it to the 3900x to pair it with an x570? will i see any benefits other than Better VRM's/Power delivery? i am limited to Mini or Micro board.

I have my 3900X on an X370 / VI Extreme and it's working very well.
If it is stable and boosting ok, and the memory OC is dialed in where you like it then I would say leave it.

The main benefit would be PCIe Gen4 and USB3 Gen2 and an more solid VRM if you did go X570.

Associate
I have my 3900X on an X370 / VI Extreme and it's working very well.
If it is stable and boosting ok, and the memory OC is dialed in where you like it then I would say leave it.

The main benefit would be PCIe Gen4 and USB3 Gen2 and an more solid VRM if you did go X570.

Yeah fair enough, Its operating fine just wasn't sure if it would be worth it for the sake of voltage control and VRMS

Associate
audio driver update and F11 bios (improve device pcie compatibility and memory compatibility) for aorus elite if anyone that owns it is interested.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Not sure if i dare update from F5b. Everything seems to be working fine for me on (Touch Wood) and has been since October when i put it all together. Seen a fair few reports of issues with releases since.

Audio driver update was fine though

Ree

Ree

Associate
Not sure if i dare update from F5b. Everything seems to be working fine for me on (Touch Wood) and has been since October when i put it all together. Seen a fair few reports of issues with releases since.

Audio driver update was fine though

still on f10 myself got 11 on a usb ready to go but not updated it yet.

Associate
Anyone having an issue with their PC restarting automatically after a windows shutdown?

I've got an Aorus X570 Xtreme and for the past week or so, when I click shutdown in windows, it completely shuts down as normal and then after about 2 seconds it restarts again.

Other than holding down the power button on the case I can't turn the bloody thing off.

Any ideas?
I have this exact issue on my intel platform. I’m sure it was caused by the massive windows 10 update around October. I’ve resorted to pulling the main plug after shut before it tries to reboot.

Soldato
I have the same board and stuck a 3950x in it, it was fine but I wanted more features so opted for the gigabyte x570 elite.

Soldato
can anyone download the x570 aorus elite bios f10c from the web page? i just keep getting an error hitting the download. only installed the f10a bios a few days ago so dunno whats changed with this one.
I’ll try in the morning when my new monitor arrives, had an accident last night and now have a huge crack in my monitor. :(

Caporegime
I have this exact issue on my intel platform. I’m sure it was caused by the massive windows 10 update around October. I’ve resorted to pulling the main plug after shut before it tries to reboot.

On mine I had accidentally plugged the network cable in to the 10gbit Lan port and that must have had 'wake on lan' enabled.

Associate
I have the same board and stuck a 3950x in it, it was fine but I wanted more features so opted for the gigabyte x570 elite.

This is my thinking, i think the extra features is appealing. Did you notice any difference in performance? my board wont overclock at all without ******** its pants.

Soldato
This is my thinking, i think the extra features is appealing. Did you notice any difference in performance? my board wont overclock at all without ******** its pants.
I haven’t had a chance to test the cpu in my new board as my monitor cracked Sunday night so I’m waiting on a new one :(

Ree

Ree

Associate
I’ll try in the morning when my new monitor arrives, had an accident last night and now have a huge crack in my monitor. :(

no need bud that was an old post. i'd be gutted if i damaged my monitor it'd be a sore one.

just updated to f11. am thinking about getting a gen 4 nvme over the boxing day/january sales so dunno if the newer update will help or not but done it anyway.

Soldato
no need bud that was an old post. i'd be gutted if i damaged my monitor it'd be a sore one.

just updated to f11. am thinking about getting a gen 4 nvme over the boxing day/january sales so dunno if the newer update will help or not but done it anyway.
My own fault, my game froze as I was playing call of duty so I smacked the screen and it cracked the full length of the screen :D:p

Ree

Ree

Associate
My own fault, my game froze as I was playing call of duty so I smacked the screen and it cracked the full length of the screen :D:p

i have caught myself mid swing of a punch while playing fifa i've been there but not followed through thankfully lol. tempers and games man.

Back
Top Bottom