Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Soldato
OP
yeah, i saw that before. interesting case lol
but i don't think i could justify the increase from £70 (for the neo-g) to the ophion-m or sliger

(also the neo-g will have enough flexibility for a 60mm radiator - i'm so tempted to re-custom loop lol)

just did some maths.. ATX should fit in that Ophion M case.... and allow 120 CLC/AIO ... or possibly 360 rad to be mounted Vertcially like the GPU but above it in its Chamber ... mmmmmm

might be able to have case and eat it...

if your going 12 core. water cool the thing ! think Neo G only allows it that way :(

Man of Honour
if your going 12 core. water cool the thing ! think Neo G only allows it that way :(
oh it'll be watercooled in some form. either from my current h100i v2, or my custom loop currently mothballed away. can't decide.
if i do a custom loop, i'll need to source a 1080ti waterblock from somewhere...

might be able to have case and eat it...
hahah pun ;)

Soldato
OP
oh it'll be watercooled in some form. either from my current h100i v2, or my custom loop currently mothballed away. can't decide.
if i do a custom loop, i'll need to source a 1080ti waterblock from somewhere...

hahah pun ;)

alphacool make it for your GPU?

@Troop heres hoping 3400g does well with ram overclocking, specially if the board can handle 4000hz .. might not be this coming gen but ryzen 4400g would be on Zen2 design :D

though with intel catching up, AMD best jump from zen1/+ 2400g/3400g and go straight to Zen 3 with 4***

Associate
You will have to provide pics when completed.

Power delivery - re camper van, or onsite facilities only?

I only do Off grid so all from the solar and batteries :) (2X 265W panels and 3 x 110AGM batteries)
Think I will need to upgrade from the 160W 12Volt Pico PSU to a 250W one and see how far I can push it

Have unlimited 4G+ mifi so 100mb connection in the best areas.

Screen will have to be to the TV :(.

Edit to Add, the one pictured, under 2A @12v when just browsing/YouTube, the panels are bringing in 35A on a good sunny day

Last edited:
Soldato
really need a thick rad to cool cpu+gpu. thin rad for one component only
If you look closely there's a second, iddy-biddy, ultrathin XSPC rad under the GPU with slim fans...

not enough rad for a ryzen + 1080ti lol...else i might've done :p
Fantastic - look forward to your Zen 2, custom cooled Streamcom DA2 thread in the Project Forum :D (it was a 2080Ti in that build - so no excuses!)

Man of Honour
If you look closely there's a second, iddy-biddy, ultrathin XSPC rad under the GPU with slim fans...
Fantastic - look forward to your Zen 2, custom cooled Streamcom DA2 thread in the Project Forum :D (it was a 2080Ti in that build - so no excuses!)

omg that's so tempting.

Soldato
I like the look of that case, but aren't the restrictions on PSU too much?
You can use a standard PSU supply but use up your storage and GPU space.

Best to use a smaller form factor like the - Seasonic Focus SGX 650W SFX - zero compromise.

Soldato
omg that's so tempting.
OMFG - you weren't supposed to take me seriously!!!

I don't want to be the reason for you humming the Windows log in tune, while driving the wrong way down the M25 because you've had to disassemble the equivalent of a 'watercooled Playmobil sized PC' for the nth time...

Man of Honour
OMFG - you weren't supposed to take me seriously!!!

I don't want to be the reason for you humming the Windows log in tune, while driving the wrong way down the M25 because you've had to disassemble the equivalent of a watercooled Playmobil sized PC for the nth tiime...
:D

Soldato
OP
Soldato
I'm seriously thinking about this! P.S sorry to have hijacked the thread.
Don't worry about it - i'm forever going off topic. Plus, Orbi's not precious about his threads like some (Dare you to do it in the CPU/Zen 2 forum. :D)
Isn't 650w a little light for 1080ti/3900x?

I see there's 800w available:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/silv...-titanium-modular-power-supply-ca-43p-sv.html
It is - but it's a quality unit, but as you've found - larger models :)

And, i must admit - if i was going ITX i would be looking hard at this case - but ridiculously i would have to consider water as noise would be a factor for me :/

*I'm not doing it, @tamzzy :D

Man of Honour
Isn't 650w a little light for 1080ti/3900x?
depends. it'll run out of the max efficiency range, yes. but not out of spec.
say the cpu draws 200w and the 2080ti draws 250w, and 50w (generously) for chipset drives, cooler etc...that's still 600w.
of course 700-750w would be better. but 650w is in no way, disastrous.

Back
Top Bottom