• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aorus Master / Extreme (3080+3090) Thread

Associate
I presume you've tweaked the clocks and possibly voltages on the card? For my 3080 master I have core clock +155 and mem clock +750, can probably go higher but not got round to testing yet. Not touched the voltages. Temps barely go over 60c during games so wondering how you'd be hitting a thermal limit from solely mining? My card is also pretty much silent.

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm running -150 core and +750 on the mem.

Fans on case and GPU are 100% when mining. Core clock temp won't say the mem temp/junction temps.

This update was only today to see what the temps are for hwinfo. If you use that and do update could you please let me know your mem junction temps please, for reference mine are 106-108C according to hwinfo and their new update.

https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/hwinfo-v6-42-released.7016/#post-28586

Associate
Hello, I have a fault with the RGB Fusion software with my Aorus 3080 Master. When I load it up all I see is what you can see in the screen shot. Because of this (I think), the small screen on my GPU doesn't display anything correctly. Right now all I can see are gifs of the hawk thing on repeat but I want to be able to see my FPS and GPU Temp. I have attempted to uninstall the RGB Fusion software and reinstall it but I get the exact same screen.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this please?

4el6PgJ.png

I put a post on the 'Official' Gigabyte forums but have had no answer after 6 days so I don't think they have any staff watching that forum at all.

Are you running any other RGB software? I can get my 3090 master to be recognised but it doesn't play nice with other software in your system. I also can't the display to work properly so have given up on that :(

Associate

Fans on case and GPU are 100% when mining. Core clock temp won't say the mem temp/junction temps.

This update was only today to see what the temps are for hwinfo. If you use that and do update could you please let me know your mem junction temps please, for reference mine are 106-108C according to hwinfo and their new update.

I ran into the same problem when mining Eth. In the end I placed a heatsink on the rear side of the card and I no longer get thermally throttled. See https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/3090-secret-memory-perfcap.18916718

Associate

Ah I see, so playing some games of Valorant tonight I got a max of 92c and average of 80c. General GPU temp was max 63c and average 56c. However, not the most GPU intensive game.

Edit: just noticed this was with it on High Performance Mode as well, forgot to change that back after some benching :D

Last edited:
Associate
I emailed Gigabyte support about the differences between the 1.0 and 2.0 3090 Aorus Master.

This was their response:
"According to our sales, we have not received any revision 2.0 so it will most likely be a revision 1.0 (from Amazon). The extra PCIe should allow more power to be supplied to the card for more potential boost. This does not necessary mean it would be any faster."

They didn't address my question about if there were any other design changes or bugs.

I don't know about you all, but I don't like the idea that a brand new $1800 GPU has a new revision right out of the launch gate. It makes me suspicious that they've found another hardware issue with it or something. I just need to decide if I should outright cancel it, or let Amazon deliver and attempt to determine which version it is without opening the box and incurring a restocking fee.

I've always bought other vendors products but thought the Aorus line was premium. This experience sure makes me question that.

The introduction of a rev 2.0 with 3 power connectors leaves me feeling a bit salty too. However, I suspect the main driver for this will be a cost cutting exercise. They will now be able to use a single PCB design and manufacturing line to churn out both Master and Xtreme cards.

What's annoying is that the Master in it's rev 1.0 2 power connector form is power limited and now, people who manage to buy the same card but with 3 power connectors will not suffer that problem.

I don't get the impression there were significant problems with the 1.0 that needed to be addressed with a hardware revision though, mine works fine but OC boost speeds are limited by the lack of power.

Associate
The introduction of a rev 2.0 with 3 power connectors leaves me feeling a bit salty too. However, I suspect the main driver for this will be a cost cutting exercise. They will now be able to use a single PCB design and manufacturing line to churn out both Master and Xtreme cards.

What's annoying is that the Master in it's rev 1.0 2 power connector form is power limited and now, people who manage to buy the same card but with 3 power connectors will not suffer that problem.

I don't get the impression there were significant problems with the 1.0 that needed to be addressed with a hardware revision though, mine works fine but OC boost speeds are limited by the lack of power.
Yup, definitely feeling a tad disappointed and salty. As you say, the card in its original version is perfectly fine and I've generally not had any issues, however if you wish to OC then Master owners are severely hampered and cannot get close to other manufactured cards. In all honesty it makes me want to begin the hunt for a Strix, Suprim or FTW, but then the lack of stock and current prices quickly put that to bed.

Associate

Yup, definitely feeling a tad disappointed and salty. As you say, the card in its original version is perfectly fine and I've generally not had any issues, however if you wish to OC then Master owners are severely hampered and cannot get close to other manufactured cards. In all honesty it makes me want to begin the hunt for a Strix, Suprim or FTW, but then the lack of stock and current prices quickly put that to bed.

I'm wondering if the revision 2.0 actually has thermal pads on the memory between the backplate? I'm getting mayor thermal throttling playing GPU intensive games.

I fear that if I RMA the 3080 master I won't see it again or another and just get my money back, then back to square one.

You'd think for a premium card they would've tested it at full load, maybe they did in the end and that's why there's a revision 2.0.

At this point I'm not going to get a Gigabyte gpu again.

I wouldn't be so salty if we had the right to repair them ourselves.

Associate
I'm wondering if the revision 2.0 actually has thermal pads on the memory between the backplate? I'm getting mayor thermal throttling playing GPU intensive games.

I fear that if I RMA the 3080 master I won't see it again or another and just get my money back, then back to square one.

You'd think for a premium card they would've tested it at full load, maybe they did in the end and that's why there's a revision 2.0.

I wouldn't be so salty if we had the right to repair them ourselves.
I sure wish I had your problems mate we are all still waiting probably for months to get one at all....

Associate
I sure wish I had your problems mate we are all still waiting probably for months to get one at all....

A member from here sacrificed themselves to post a competitor and I was just lucky to be up at that time the mods didn't F him and his post up lol.

My advice keep many pages open and keep trying every day, according to some YTers that's what they're doing and manage to snag one. UK too.

In all honesty heres to hoping you all get the revision 2.0 after having to wait, those of you who are waiting for the master of course.

Associate
I ordered my 3090 Master last week, and am in que position 29 now. Also seems the price gone up 100 gbp since. Wondering if i'm getting rev 1 or 2. Would be pretty annoyed to get a rev 1 handed.

Associate
Pretty sure the only difference for rev 2 is the additional 8 pin (so 3x8 instead of 2x8), but until they're out there being used and looked at we won't really know.

Yeah I wouldn't RMA, only unless they guaranteed to send out a new one and it being rev2. I've got Giga card and mobo now and can honestly say I doubt I'd choose them again or recommend to others if they're looking to tweak. However, great cards for just plug in and go.

Plenty of 3090s around today.
For absurd prices yes.
Anyone got an update today?
The EVGA FTW3 Ultra was reasonably priced at a competitor given the circumstances, honestly came close to pressing the button on it at £1729, but held off as I really don't need a 3090 lol. Only considered it because of the severe lack of 3080 stock of late.

Associate
Here's my queue position update for the Aorus Xtreme 3090.

Yep i too moved down 7, given the 0's recently i suspect its not cancelations as they would've left in the 5 weeks already, however i dont see anyone chearing they got it, so it still leaves 2 to 9 cards overdue acording to gibbos report

Back
Top Bottom