• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aorus Master / Extreme (3080+3090) Thread

Associate
man... 2k for the 3090 xtreme now...wtf thats nuts. are people really paying that much?

Potentially the math checks out. i payed £1711 (including shipping) mid october fastforward till i was 33rd when the back order was revealed to be 48, that leaves 15 people buying after mid october in which the £2k price didnt hit till new years iirc but the possibility is still there.

And tbh the £20 diffrence from the master makes that entire gpu skew just wastefull especially as you'll probably get revision 1.

Associate
Finally got a shipping confirmation for my 3090 Xtreme today! I ordered on release day just after pre orders opened so a huuge wait for this day. I was 1st on Friday’s queue update if that helps anyone. My time lurking this thread has come to an end! Best of luck everyone

Associate
Potentially the math checks out. i payed £1711 (including shipping) mid october fastforward till i was 33rd when the back order was revealed to be 48, that leaves 15 people buying after mid october in which the £2k price didnt hit till new years iirc but the possibility is still there.

And tbh the £20 diffrence from the master makes that entire gpu skew just wastefull especially as you'll probably get revision 1.
Not sure what your getting at saying its wastefull. revision 1 uses 3 connecters and recommends a higher power supply unit. revision 2 uses 2 connecters and psu is less. and there is no revision 2 for the xtreme. only master.

Associate
Not sure what your getting at saying its wastefull. revision 1 uses 3 connecters and recommends a higher power supply unit. revision 2 uses 2 connecters and psu is less. and there is no revision 2 for the xtreme. only master.

Its the other way around, revision 2 has 3*8 pins and has the higher psu limit, which is the same as the xtreme, but your not garanteed you will get revision 2 so if your hoping for that then ya might as well get the xtreme as you will get that.

Source, literally the specs on the gigabyte website

Associate
Its the other way around, revision 2 has 3*8 pins and has the higher psu limit, which is the same as the xtreme, but your not garanteed you will get revision 2 so if your hoping for that then ya might as well get the xtreme as you will get that.

Source, literally the specs on the gigabyte website

o yea i got it mixed up my bad. but still the xtreme has the larger cooler chamber that the master does not have. in anycase im not bothered since i preordered the xtreme anyways.

Soldato
i think most that have pre-orders will get the newer version of the Master. Mainly due to the first batch selling out quickly and redesign done just as launch hit with production swapped soon as possible . Ver 2 would have been produced before announcement of ver 2 , just because it takes a while for it to get to distribution

Associate
i think most that have pre-orders will get the newer version of the Master. Mainly due to the first batch selling out quickly and redesign done just as launch hit with production swapped soon as possible . Ver 2 would have been produced before announcement of ver 2 , just because it takes a while for it to get to distribution

We've already gotten people in this forum that got revision 1 Master after revision 2 was released, we'll just have to see from anyone who posts about it in fututure, either way i hope your right im just doubtful. I'd still not want to risk getting revision 1.

Associate
Hey guys, I posted in the 3080s owners thread but it seems to be getting lost in the other posts so I'll try here.

I managed to replace the backplate and other side of premium thermal pads and it's great I've gained +225 on the memory over-clock and it stays at 70c down from 102c, that's a great result however,

My core temp is now 70c up from 35c (mining)

I added Noctua NT-H2 paste as I only got that lying around, I used the blob in the centre method,

I'm still getting thermal throttling via HWinfo and also GPU-Z, so its either I've not tighten the screws enough (I don't know how tight to do it, there was still thread to go before fully tightened)

Or do you think I should've spread the paste or done the x method? I'm so confused but I feel it's definitely to do with the CPU/core temp.

Associate
que update 29. still a way to go
Yeah 48 here not looking good, the other aibs are sending much more stock then gigabyte.
The last gigabyte shipment had 4x 3080 extreme in it that was 2 days ago I think...
I don't know how this is supposed to go on.
We may or I may be waiting till the end of the year. :.... (

Soldato
Hardware unboxed just out their 3090 extreme review

I was unsurprised at the results, it's nice to see Gigabyte is continuing the tradition of the Gigabyte Extreme being the single worst card on the market, by having memory that borders on throttling out of the box, running up to 20c hotter than other cards and making a poes racket in the process. Well done Gigabyte

Soldato
Hardware unboxed just out their 3090 extreme review

I was unsurprised at the results, it's nice to see Gigabyte is continuing the tradition of the Gigabyte Extreme being the single worst card on the market, by having memory that borders on throttling out of the box, running up to 20c hotter than other cards and making a poes racket in the process. Well done Gigabyte

The 2080ti Extreme all over again...

Thier "Gaming" cards are the pick of the litter all the way down the stack.

DMT

DMT

Associate
Greetings from Australia!

Now down to NoBS business.

Yesterday, I changed out my Gigabyte 3090 OC for the very last Aorus 3090 Xtreme in Australia. (at least for the moment)
Coincidently another fellow Australian from Hardware-unboxed posted a review on youtube of both the cards side by side on the same day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEn7hwCXzBI

I have already sold my Gigabyte 3090 OC on ebay for 85% of it's original value but having some slight remorse, at the same time the Aorus 3090 Xtreme looks awesome in my system vertically mounted.
I decided to test my two cards against the results posted by hardware unboxed.

I downloaded HWiNFO64 to check GPU Memory Junction Temperature, which measures the GDDR6x temps.

My findings.
1. I have an identical Gigabyte 3090 OC to Hardware Unboxed. +75mhz on the core clock, taking it from 1755 to 1830mhz. GDDR6x temps are about equal aproximately 83c within margin of error.
2. Here comes the interesting part, my GDDR6x temps on the Aorus 3090 Xtreme has hit 100c on overclocks. Undervolting and lowering the power target, I'm still struggling to get it below an average of 96c.
3. Aorus 3090 Xtreme average GPU temp under load is 71-75c, ambient room temperature in Melbourne Australia is like 18-21c.
5. Using MSI Kombuster on 5120x2160 resolution, my GB 3090 OC FPS:85(Stable) vs Aorus 3090 FPS:90-95(Variable) roughly 8% performance increase. This is with overclocks applied to both cards.
6. Xtreme is definitely has better binning. I can OC my card to +130mhz from 1860mhz out of box, Reaching Hardware Unboxes clocks of 1980mhz!!! I haven't tried going higher as I'm concerned about the memory at the moment.
7. 4 slotted cooling does not mean **** if it can't keep the memory under 90c. LOL
8. All 3090 Cards are almost at their limits plus or minus a couple of variables, 3x8 pin heat management is extremely difficult. 2x8 is still honestly worth while, this is coming from a guy who has both cards.

This is actually a little concerning, at least Gigabyte have an offer of 4 year warranty. Although I have had to email their support because my serial number on my 3090Xtreme box is not recognized in their system? lmao
I'm trying to keep my GDDR6X temps under 95c, which is the recommended operating temp from Micron. But I'm stuck on 96c mostly without overclocks =/
Snooping around on other forums apparently the FE card Memory are also having temperature issues.

Sorry for the long post, I'm trying to be as detailed with my findings as possible as a lot of people here still have their Xtreme's and Master's on back order.
Overall Hardware Unboxes findings have been accurate and I have cross checked these results.

I Absolutely do not recommend the Xtreme or Master card unless you want it for aesthetic reasons, I have an entire Gigabyte/Aorus PC and now stuck in their ecosystem.
Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try my best to answer.
Although I got to deliver the Gigabyte 3090 OC tomorrow to the buyer so wont have access to that card anymore.

Associate
I bought a 3080 Xtreme on Friday. I'm happy to say I'm in the club now. It's funny it comes with an action figure and the default thing on the LCD screen is like a Tamagotchi, it hatches and everything!

I'm going to put it through its paces tomorrow and see how far I can OC it. Has anyone noticed, on both the OC and silent bios (F4 version), the fans randomly turning on for a short while despite the temps being low? Then after 10 - 15 seconds they turn off.

wait what? how did you get it? iv been in a que for this thing since september.

Soldato
wait what? how did you get it? iv been in a que for this thing since september.

It came into stock in a UK shop, I got notified by the Parts Alert discord server and I bought it. I was working at the PC when the alert came up, if you're more than a minute late, expect the stock to be gone.

Soldato
Greetings from Australia!

Now down to NoBS business.

Yesterday, I changed out my Gigabyte 3090 OC for the very last Aorus 3090 Xtreme in Australia. (at least for the moment)
Coincidently another fellow Australian from Hardware-unboxed posted a review on youtube of both the cards side by side on the same day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEn7hwCXzBI

I have already sold my Gigabyte 3090 OC on ebay for 85% of it's original value but having some slight remorse, at the same time the Aorus 3090 Xtreme looks awesome in my system vertically mounted.
I decided to test my two cards against the results posted by hardware unboxed.

I downloaded HWiNFO64 to check GPU Memory Junction Temperature, which measures the GDDR6x temps.

My findings.
1. I have an identical Gigabyte 3090 OC to Hardware Unboxed. +75mhz on the core clock, taking it from 1755 to 1830mhz. GDDR6x temps are about equal aproximately 83c within margin of error.
2. Here comes the interesting part, my GDDR6x temps on the Aorus 3090 Xtreme has hit 100c on overclocks. Undervolting and lowering the power target, I'm still struggling to get it below an average of 96c.
3. Aorus 3090 Xtreme average GPU temp under load is 71-75c, ambient room temperature in Melbourne Australia is like 18-21c.
5. Using MSI Kombuster on 5120x2160 resolution, my GB 3090 OC FPS:85(Stable) vs Aorus 3090 FPS:90-95(Variable) roughly 8% performance increase. This is with overclocks applied to both cards.
6. Xtreme is definitely has better binning. I can OC my card to +130mhz from 1860mhz out of box, Reaching Hardware Unboxes clocks of 1980mhz!!! I haven't tried going higher as I'm concerned about the memory at the moment.
7. 4 slotted cooling does not mean **** if it can't keep the memory under 90c. LOL
8. All 3090 Cards are almost at their limits plus or minus a couple of variables, 3x8 pin heat management is extremely difficult. 2x8 is still honestly worth while, this is coming from a guy who has both cards.

This is actually a little concerning, at least Gigabyte have an offer of 4 year warranty. Although I have had to email their support because my serial number on my 3090Xtreme box is not recognized in their system? lmao
I'm trying to keep my GDDR6X temps under 95c, which is the recommended operating temp from Micron. But I'm stuck on 96c mostly without overclocks =/
Snooping around on other forums apparently the FE card Memory are also having temperature issues.

Sorry for the long post, I'm trying to be as detailed with my findings as possible as a lot of people here still have their Xtreme's and Master's on back order.
Overall Hardware Unboxes findings have been accurate and I have cross checked these results.

I Absolutely do not recommend the Xtreme or Master card unless you want it for aesthetic reasons, I have an entire Gigabyte/Aorus PC and now stuck in their ecosystem.
Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try my best to answer.
Although I got to deliver the Gigabyte 3090 OC tomorrow to the buyer so wont have access to that card anymore.

Just embedded the HU video to make it easier :)

Soldato
Some screens. I don't know what is going on at Gigabyte, but they need to fire their engineers cause they trash

GPU Core Temp

GPU VRAM Temp

Back
Top Bottom