• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aorus Master / Extreme (3080+3090) Thread

Associate
So it seems that the Aorus 3080 Xtreme is one of the slowest moving 3080 cards. Is there any way we can swap the order for a card that is moving faster?
If so would this be calculated at the current prices? The only reason I haven't cancelled my order is because the price I paid back in October/November is much better than current prices

Associate
With the heat issues reported on these models, anyone regretting?
Heat issues for what? My 3080 master has superb temps. If you mean the memory, then that's just a general issue across this gen of cards and the manufacturers using poor quality (or lack of) thermal pads.

Associate
3090 Extreme GPU core temps are garbage and the VRM temps too.
Ah yeah, due to the extra power it draws. So the Master seems to be better option of the Aorus cards because of it being power limited, which feels a bit backwards as this limits its overclocking potential, but provides better balance across temps, noise and performance.

Associate
Heat issues for what? My 3080 master has superb temps. If you mean the memory, then that's just a general issue across this gen of cards and the manufacturers using poor quality (or lack of) thermal pads.
Yeah, if you are getting one I would recommend doing the pads, means taking the card apart but works soooo much better afterwards, my 3080 Master went down 20 degrees at high load and the memory didn't thermal throttle....

Associate
Yeah, if you are getting one I would recommend doing the pads, means taking the card apart but works soooo much better afterwards, my 3080 Master went down 20 degrees at high load and the memory didn't thermal throttle....
Which pads did you use? Did you follow a particular video/instructions? Not opened up a GPU before and heard this one can be a bit tricky.

Associate
Which pads did you use? Did you follow a particular video/instructions? Not opened up a GPU before and heard this one can be a bit tricky.

Yeah its not that bad, i followed what people said in this Reddit Article: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/mf5jf2/so_i_really_should_have_replaced_the_thermal/ and this Video - https://youtu.be/AFMbE41R7Fg

Basically can get the pads from various places, I think even OCUK have some, just have to make sure to get the right depth ones, (1.5mm and 2mm should do as you can double to get 3mm).

Associate
Associate
Ah yeah, due to the extra power it draws. So the Master seems to be better option of the Aorus cards because of it being power limited, which feels a bit backwards as this limits its overclocking potential, but provides better balance across temps, noise and performance.
You can change the power curve

Back
Top Bottom