• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aorus Master / Extreme (3080+3090) Thread

Associate
Which pads did you use? Did you follow a particular video/instructions? Not opened up a GPU before and heard this one can be a bit tricky.
I recommend you to use Gelid Extreme because they are like blue tack, so they are forgiving if you don’t get the exact thickness.

Associate
Evening all, hope you are all well, got a couple of questions for you guys:

1 - I'm having problems with Aorus Engine and RGB Fusion detecting my card and making the lcd screen work, don't know if it's because i've got a Asus motherboard, G.Skill Memory, my Gigabyte 280mm AIO, don't know why this is happening, as anyone managed to solve this issue?

2 - What would be the best vbios for the Xtreme? I have on it currently the F3 version.

3 - I've read about the vram temps so i ordered arctic pads (1.0mm + 1.5mm in thickness) to replace the pads plus arctic mx-4 thermal paste to replace the paste on the gpu. Or should i use my grizzly paste as i have done on my cpu?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Associate

1 - I'm having problems with Aorus Engine and RGB Fusion detecting my card and making the lcd screen work, don't know if it's because i've got a Asus motherboard, G.Skill Memory, my Gigabyte 280mm AIO, don't know why this is happening, as anyone managed to solve this issue?

2 - What would be the best vbios for the Xtreme? I have on it currently the F3 version.

3 - I've read about the vram temps so i ordered arctic pads (1.0mm + 1.5mm in thickness) to replace the pads plus arctic mx-4 thermal paste to replace the paste on the gpu. Or should i use my grizzly paste as i have done on my cpu?

Fusion 2 is basically broken, especially if you use other RGB software. Do you have other stuff running in the background? There is a firmware update for the screen - download the latest version of Aorus Engine and when it detects the card it should say there is a version 2.0 available. I never got my 3090 Master LCD to run properly.

Associate
Iv never done this before, but it sounds like i might have to replace the pads on my 3080 xtreme when i final get it. is this what you mean?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Solutions-...0-5mm-installation-Conductivity/dp/B01AAHL0QA

Yes, 4 layers of that for the memory pads (2mm). It congeals into one lump. Plus Arctic Silver paste on the GPU.

Afterwards it's marginally faster than the Rog Strix 3080 OC. Due to the larger heatsink imo. And with no thermal throttling at all.

Last edited:
Associate

3. Get the Gelid 0.5mm pads with the higher thermal conductivity. And Arctic is fine for the GPU - that's not the main issue here.

Associate
Iv never done this before, but it sounds like i might have to replace the pads on my 3080 xtreme when i final get it. is this what you mean?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Solutions-...0-5mm-installation-Conductivity/dp/B01AAHL0QA
Yes
3. Get the Gelid 0.5mm pads with the higher thermal conductivity. And Arctic is fine for the GPU - that's not the main issue here.
btw if you talk about the Gelid Ultimate, they are much harder than the Gelid Extreme

Associate
Yes

btw if you talk about the Gelid Ultimate, they are much harder than the Gelid Extreme

I refer to "Gelid Solutions GP Ultimate 0.5mm Thick Thermal Pad (90 x 50 x 0.5 mm) W/mK 15"

And they are not hard - a bit like bluetack but less strong. I just cut mine up with kitchen scissors.

Associate
I refer to "Gelid Solutions GP Ultimate 0.5mm Thick Thermal Pad (90 x 50 x 0.5 mm) W/mK 15"

And they are not hard - a bit like bluetack but less strong. I just cut mine up with kitchen scissors.

Gelid Extreme is 35 OO on the Shore hardness scale, that's like a bicycle gel seat.
Gelid Ultimate is 60-70 OO, that's like an automobile tire tread.

Just something to bear in mind ...

I have only used the Extreme, because they would give nearly the same results as thermal conductivity is not linear in efficiency and at the time of my repad, I could not get Ultimate directly in the correct thickness.

I think you can buy now Ultimate in more thickness, I may try this next if I need another repad.

Back
Top Bottom