Aorus Owner's Lounge

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom80, can't see how to post a screen shot, but would happily email you the image. I have been using CPUID HWMonitor & BatterCare (BatteryCare.Net) to monitor laptops stats.

Over the weekend I did a search and read various sites/forums where it recommended that battery calibration is carried out (i.e. let the laptop power down to 5% and go into hibernation, leave for 5 hours and then fully charge). This restored 1% back taking my current wear rate (back down to 3%).

I agree that some wear is acceptable but I was concerned that a drop of 4% in one week was projecting a rapid wear and loss of battery.

Any advise is welcome and also some guidance on charging cycles to minimise the wear rate?

Hi ADE70,

Since posting the request for screen shot we received some more detail from HQ.

It goes like this;

" The test tool will compare the “battery designed capacity” to “detected capacity”.

But what we guarantee on the spec is actually “minimum capacity”, which is lower than “battery designed capacity”

The relationship is usually like: designed capacity > detected capacity > guarantee capacity (73.26Whr)

Our battery capacity on the spec is 73.26Whr."

So, we believe that the test tool will know the original "designed capacity" and be giving you a reading that is reflected by the actual "guarantee capacity",,,, hence showing 4%

Please continue to monitor and let us know if you fee there is a problem.

Hope that helps explain and clarify,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Here's hoping that I receive something like that^^

Hi matamorphoses,

Hoodie in the post sir.

Also, we spoke with Bailey from OcUK today and have given feedback for him to post on the CS thread you have with him. He has actually left the office as we posted this, so expect reply from him tomorrow morning.

Thanks for you patients and understanding.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Last edited:
Associate
Hi matamorphoses,

Hoodie in the post sir.

Also, we spoke with Bailey from OcUK today and have given feedback for him to post on the CS thread you have with him. He has actually left the office as we posted this, so expect reply from him tomorrow morning.

Thanks for you patients and understanding.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Ok thanks. I look forward to hearing from Bailey and will respond accordingly.

Associate
Massive thanks to Gigabyte NB UK team (especially Atom80) and OcUK who went out of their way to provide fantastic customer support.

If anyone is thinking of getting a notebook from Aorus' portfolio, you will NOT be disappointed by the exceedingly good support that backs this brand.

No word of a lie!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Massive thanks to Gigabyte NB UK team (especially Atom80) and OcUK who went out of their way to provide fantastic customer support.

If anyone is thinking of getting a notebook from Aorus' portfolio, you will NOT be disappointed by the exceedingly good support that backs this brand.

No word of a lie!

Thanks for the feedback metamorphoses.

Much appreciated, also massive thanks to Bailey and OcUK for enabling us to give you the support you needed, and deserved, as an AORUS customer.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
x7 delayed :(

Hi Atom,

Was gutted to see the new Aorus x7 Pro-Sync with the 5th gen i7's has been delayed until the 7th :(

I preordered on a couple of weeks ago and have been counting down the days!!! Very excited.

Will you be extending the free hoodie and memory stick to those who have preordered this model too? If so what is the process?

Thanks!

Because of the unforeseen delay with the delivery of our initial launch stock of AORUS X5, and by way of thanks to those who have already placed pre-orders....

We will send each customer an AORUS HOODIE and also a 64GB AORUS usb memory stick.

WE WILL ALSO SHIP THESE 2 ITEMS TO ALL CUSTOMERS PLACING ORDERS BEFORE THE STOCK ARRIVES.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/LP/aorus-x5.php

jSYMsje.jpg bG83Pnd.jpg 7noReqkm.jpg

Sorry for the delay and we trust this helps to increase the eager anticipation!

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

Was gutted to see the new Aorus x7 Pro-Sync with the 5th gen i7's has been delayed until the 7th :(

I preordered on a couple of weeks ago and have been counting down the days!!! Very excited.

Will you be extending the free hoodie and memory stick to those who have preordered this model too? If so what is the process?

Thanks!

Hi zegger,

We visited OcUK last week, and yes unfortunately this date was one off the changes we had to make on their system,,, But we did check and hadn't seen any pre-orders placed - normally OcUK would contact customers to inform them if delays were known,,,

We will check with OcUK today and confirm they have your order, if not we will alert them to this thread.

And yes, for sure, we will bundle the Hoodie and USB stick with all Pre-orders on this model also:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-016-AU&groupid=959&catid=1828

We cant show the "FREE ITEMS" on the screen because OcUK system wont publish this until there is actual physical stock - so we rely on the news to be communicated on the forums,,,

Hope that helps

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi Atom,

That's odd. I pre ordered a couple of weeks ago. My order number is OC2031875. I checked with ocuk and they've confirmed the order. Could you check with them again please!

Many thanks!

Associate
Is there a "disable battery charging" function for Aorus notebooks? I ask because my X3 acts as a DTR and I have it constantly plugged into the AC mains in the lab.

If so, can someone let me know how to access it please?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Is there a "disable battery charging" function for Aorus notebooks? I ask because my X3 acts as a DTR and I have it constantly plugged into the AC mains in the lab.

If so, can someone let me know how to access it please?

Hi metamorphoses,

You don't need to be concerned, the battery, as with all modern notebook batteries (and phone batteries) will not over-charge if plugged in all the time.

The system will use the AC adaptor power once the battery is at full capacity and will not be causing damage to it. Therefore, because of this in built technology, there is no requirement for a manual switch or software switch.

Hope that removes any concerns you have.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

That's odd. I pre ordered a couple of weeks ago. My order number is OC2031875. I checked with ocuk and they've confirmed the order. Could you check with them again please!

Many thanks!

Hi zegger,

I have double checked and yes OcUK do have the order.

Let us know what size of hoodie you think you need, L, or XL or XXL...

If you let us know what size of jacket / hoodies you would wear in UK size, this will help us convert to our hoodie sizes..

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Awesome! Thanks Atom - really impressed with all the stops Gigabyte are pulling out to keep customer satisfation high.

If you have any medium that would be great! (if you only have Large and above I will take a Large).

Roll on 7th of July!

Cheers

Associate
Hello Atom80,

You previously listed the thickness of the individual thermal pad used in the Aorus system.
Is it possible to have the same information for the P35Xv3?
Also what would be the thermal conductivity of each type of thermal pads?
Sorry to post here, let me know which the most appropriate thread to post this inquiry would be.
It would be very helpful!

Many Thanks

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hello Atom80,

You previously listed the thickness of the individual thermal pad used in the Aorus system.
Is it possible to have the same information for the P35Xv3?
Also what would be the thermal conductivity of each type of thermal pads?
Sorry to post here, let me know which the most appropriate thread to post this inquiry would be.
It would be very helpful!

Many Thanks

Hi bberry,

No problem for posting here.

We have sent the request to HQ to try and provide the details you are after, hopefully post response by the end of the week.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Awesome! Thanks Atom - really impressed with all the stops Gigabyte are pulling out to keep customer satisfation high.

If you have any medium that would be great! (if you only have Large and above I will take a Large).

Roll on 7th of July!

Cheers

Hi zeggar,

Your Hoodie and 64GB USB stick are packed, labelled and ready to go ! You have the last "L" size that we have, and I am sure this will be the best fit for you if you are UK size "M"...

The AORUS X7 Pro G-sync stock is leaving tomorrow, and should be with OcUK early next week :)

Not long now...

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Back
Top Bottom