Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Cool I will try this when I get home from work later and if not will try to touch base with Andy over the weekend.

I will let you know how I get on!

Thanks,

z

Hi again zeeger,

With regards to the C&C not launching, we’ve never seen this problem before. Maybe C&C’s crashed due to some uncertain reason…

Can you try to uninstall the C&C, and download the utility from the website again.

http://www.aorus.com/Product/Download/X7 Pro-SYNC

I will also email you with our Product Manager "Andy" on copy, he can assist you more directly and if required may request remote access to your machine to try and assist further if needed.

Hope the above solution works but we will mail anyway.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Recently updated to the v2.0.0 of Command & Control.

I'm at a loss to figure out how to work the new "customize" setting for fan control in the updated interface - the max fans setting from previous versions was so straightforward and rather self-explanatory.

Here, the fans do not seem to kick in when adjusting the preset fan speeds under the "normal" or "gaming" profiles after "Customize" has been selected.

Advice/suggestions please?

OcUK Staff
Recently updated to the v2.0.0 of Command & Control.

I'm at a loss to figure out how to work the new "customize" setting for fan control in the updated interface - the max fans setting from previous versions was so straightforward and rather self-explanatory.

Here, the fans do not seem to kick in when adjusting the preset fan speeds under the "normal" or "gaming" profiles after "Customize" has been selected.

Advice/suggestions please?

Hey metamorphoses,

I am sat here with Atom at my desk and we have had an update on your query.

In regards to the customization setting please see the following:

This is the user interface you should be seeing

LuQjBNL.jpg

After you click in the customize mode, you can adjust the bar as above.

This bar means the “fan spinning speed’s upper limit”.

You’re able to limit the fan usage to avoid noise, but you can’t set the fan below a certain level.

The fan spinning speed increases automatically according to your PC loading when not in customized fan profile mode.

It seems as if you may be using not the latest version of the software.

After you clicked in the customize mode, you may choose between “Normal” and “Gaming”. This would then revert back to either the "Normal" or "Gaming" mode which would in turn overrule the customized settings.

The concept was as the auto low and auto high.

Customize --> choose Gaming --> adjust the bar means “setting the fan speed limit bound under a more aggressive fan spinning speed (see the pink line in the graph below)”.

AKA4l2W.jpg

I hope this helps with your issue.

Bailey

Soldato
Many thanks to Seabiscuit and company for forwarding Atom80 over to me as I was leaving the shop. It was great to have a chat regarding how chuffed I was in having previously purchased an X7. Great for Photoshop and Lightroom as well as gaming. I can't praise it enough. Thanks for the memory stick as well Atom..

Associate
A question for the Aorus Rep. Following the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I am experiencing a driver failure with the Killer e2200 LAN Controller Update (1.1.54.1332). Following repeated attempts I have not been able to successfully install the update, I'm not sure if this is an issue with the driver or Windows 10?
Is there any change you could get the guys back in Tech Support to look into this?
Thanks.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Many thanks to Seabiscuit and company for forwarding Atom80 over to me as I was leaving the shop. It was great to have a chat regarding how chuffed I was in having previously purchased an X7. Great for Photoshop and Lightroom as well as gaming. I can't praise it enough. Thanks for the memory stick as well Atom..

Hi ethan,

Good to meet you and get some direct feedback from a new AORUS customer:)

Always a pleasure and nice to be able to provide you with a bit of added value for taking the time to talk :)

Thanks again

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
A question for the Aorus Rep. Following the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I am experiencing a driver failure with the Killer e2200 LAN Controller Update (1.1.54.1332). Following repeated attempts I have not been able to successfully install the update, I'm not sure if this is an issue with the driver or Windows 10?
Is there any change you could get the guys back in Tech Support to look into this?
Thanks.

Hi ADE70,

Please remind us which model you have please, think its X7, but please provide full part number,,,

Example:

X7 v2-CF2

We know from talking to HQ last week that NVDIA haven't provided SLI drivers for WIN10 yet, so our AORUS X5 and X7 will continue to be shipped with WIN 8.1 for the time being. Not sure if this problem you are having would be related to the same point.

Please provide full model number and we will get feedback for you...

Thanks

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Soldato
Atom80,

Sorry to go slightly off topic and probably away from your expertise, but just wanted to see if you could speak to Gigabyte HQ regarding an issue with the Gigabyte motherboard APP center and Windows 10.

With Win10 installed on boot up for around 10mins you are flooded with 'This Driver can't release to failure' Messages. Eventually they subside but it happens every time the computer boots.

Is this a known problem with the APP center and when can we expect a software update? Any info would be great.

Thanks, Blinkz

Associate
Atom80,

The Aorus module I have is the X7 Pro G-Sync version.
The Nvidia graphics drives look to be fine, but the Killer Lan driver from the Driver Update tool fails to load every time, as stated in my previous post. Until there is an update, I've just rolled back to the version prior to upgrading to W10.

Thanks for help.

Hi ADE70,

Please remind us which model you have please, think its X7, but please provide full part number,,,

Example:

X7 v2-CF2

We know from talking to HQ last week that NVDIA haven't provided SLI drivers for WIN10 yet, so our AORUS X5 and X7 will continue to be shipped with WIN 8.1 for the time being. Not sure if this problem you are having would be related to the same point.

Please provide full model number and we will get feedback for you...

Thanks

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom80,

The Nvidia graphics drives look to be fine, but the Killer Lan driver from the Driver Update tool fails to load every time, as stated in my previous post. Until there is an update, I've just rolled back to the version prior to upgrading to W10.

Thanks for help.

OK ADE70, thanks for feedback, we will inform HQ of the issue.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom80,

Sorry to go slightly off topic and probably away from your expertise, but just wanted to see if you could speak to Gigabyte HQ regarding an issue with the Gigabyte motherboard APP center and Windows 10.

With Win10 installed on boot up for around 10mins you are flooded with 'This Driver can't release to failure' Messages. Eventually they subside but it happens every time the computer boots.

Is this a known problem with the APP center and when can we expect a software update? Any info would be great.

Thanks, Blinkz

We will alert Motherboard team to this post.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom80,

Thanks for help.

Hi ADE70,

There is a problem, but HQ have provided a solution:

Please follow the instruction below,

1.Upgrade to Win10
2.Remove Intel Bluetooth Driver and Killer Lan Driver(Qualcomm Atheros Killer Manager Suite)
3.Use Driver Update to install the latest driver. LAN Driver should be 8.1.0.25

The LAN driver can’t be upgraded directly at this moment. We will have R&D working on it right now, but the above should enable you to perform the update.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK N Team

Associate
Hi Atom80,

I am holding off updating to Win10 until braver souls have identified and resolved any teething issues. Do you have an idea of the timescales that Aorus will be looking at to officially support this update?

Many thanks,
Chuffbaby

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom80,

I am holding off updating to Win10 until braver souls have identified and resolved any teething issues. Do you have an idea of the timescales that Aorus will be looking at to officially support this update?

Many thanks,
Chuffbaby

Hi Chuffbaby,

I think your position is a wise one,,,

It shouldn't be too long, and your update software should notify you. We will confirm with HQ and see if there is anything more official we can post, all we know is we are waiting for other vendors to update their side before we can do 100% confirmation that there wont be glitches.

Regards

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi Chuffbaby,

I think your position is a wise one,,,

It shouldn't be too long, and your update software should notify you. We will confirm with HQ and see if there is anything more official we can post, all we know is we are waiting for other vendors to update their side before we can do 100% confirmation that there wont be glitches.

Regards

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Not to mention the fact that a clean install of Win10 after the Win8.1 to Win10 update procedure is seemingly blocked by Microsoft's activation servers (despite Win10 being fully verified to be activated prior to clean install). The Win10 product key supplied during the update procedure is a generic one so I am assuming that activation is based off the notebook's hardware ID. I just hope that it's an issue at Microsoft's end - servers being over-burdened - that will resolve itself in time otherwise I am at a loss to figure out how to acquire a working Win10 product key that can be activated after a full clean install.

Moreover, certain Aorus software like system backup no longer work (error message is a combination of Mandarin and English but the general jist of it is that the latest released version of the system backup software - acquired via v1.4.3 drivers update - is currently not compatible with Win10). This is a little alarming considering that the official Aorus guide to upgrading to Win10 details some steps utilizing system backup. Additionally, the F9 function for recovery at POST no longer works under Win10 as it is not supported. This renders the 15GB factory recovery Win8.1 image useless :(

Oh and there's a code 43 with the bluetooth adapter of the Intel AC7260 which I spent a couple of hours trying to fix to no avail. This is why I opted for the clean install as a last ditch attempt to resolve.

This Saturday was not fun :(

I look forward to the release of updated software from Aorus that is Win10 compatible :D

Last edited:
Associate
On an additional note, I've just finished the Win8.1 to Win10 upgrade process for my X3 and everything seems to be functioning right off the bat.

I don't understand why the update for my X7v2 was plagued with so many niggling issues that forced me to do a clean install and then have to deal with the consequent activation issues etc.

Fingers crossed that the X3 continues to work as it should under Windows 10 otherwise another clean install is on the cards -_-

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
On an additional note, I've just finished the Win8.1 to Win10 upgrade process for my X3 and everything seems to be functioning right off the bat.

I don't understand why the update for my X7v2 was plagued with so many niggling issues that forced me to do a clean install and then have to deal with the consequent activation issues etc.

Fingers crossed that the X3 continues to work as it should under Windows 10 otherwise another clean install is on the cards -_-

Hi metamorphoses,

Our understanding on the different experiences you have had is down to the drivers from NVIDIA for SLI configuration not yet fully updated.

These should be completed very soon.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi all,

was thrilled to bits with my new X7 but i shut the top down to move my laptop and it usually "sleeps" but when opening the top back up the screen has not come back on and laptop has not woke back up...

has anybody else encountered this? im currently waiting for the battery to die and see if it comes back on after, i tried holding the power button for a forced shut down but does not seem to come back on...

i have tried most things, was curious to we

Soldato
I can join the AORUS club now thanks to Atom80.

So far I'm very happy and its a big jump up from my 3year old Dell.

Hi all,

was thrilled to bits with my new X7 but i shut the top down to move my laptop and it usually "sleeps" but when opening the top back up the screen has not come back on and laptop has not woke back up...

has anybody else encountered this? im currently waiting for the battery to die and see if it comes back on after, i tried holding the power button for a forced shut down but does not seem to come back on...

i have tried most things, was curious to we

The mrs's laptop used to do that but after reinstalling the OS it fixed itself.

Associate
It seems like it's not booting up, may try and plug in a different display to see if it's a screen fault which i doubt because it doesn't sound like its even booting up..

Read somewhere to remove the battery but would rather not open the case. Think i will wait till monday and see what OC say to do...

gutted was really happy up until this point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom