Aorus X7 DT V7 Part Needed

Associate
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions as I'm having a problem sourcing a replacement part at what I would consider a reasonable price.

I have a Aorus X7 DT V7 that I've had for around 3 years (I think), so it's no longer in warranty. The laptop is working fine, but the left hinge has broken away from the display housing. The actual plastic on the display housing has broken apart and there is now nowhere for me to screw the actual hinge on to. The laptop is now only held up by the right hinge, which I'm sure if I leave long enough will eventually break too with the added strain.

I contacted Gigabyte and was forwarded onto Mendit, which have provided me with a quote of £402.38 to replace the display housing, (Screen, Webcam and Ribbons not included, as they're fine). £66 of this is for labour and shipping back to me. So even if I could source the parts from them without the labour the cost would still be £336.38 (Which I don't think they do anyway).

I understand there is a value and a cost to parts, so I wasn't expecting a £30ish price, but maybe £100-150 at the top end as a possibility, considering there isn't any electrical components included.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could source a cheaper part? Anyone had luck sourcing laptop parts from anywhere else? I've checked eBay hoping to find some water damaged or dead laptops that I could salvage but there is a very small amount of results for this model of laptop and even fewer spare parts available on there.

Thanks

Associate
I've had exactly the same problem with my X7 V7, the hinge just connects to plastics and the hinge requires a lot of force to turn (Which is likely why its just flat out broken the platic the hinge connects too)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've had exactly the same problem with my X7 V7, the hinge just connects to plastics and the hinge requires a lot of force to turn (Which is likely why its just flat out broken the platic the hinge connects too)

I ended up using a strong super glue of sorts that has bonded the metal hinge to the plastic of the lid housing, it actually feels sturdier than it has for a long time. Which probably means that it has been breaking over a period of time.

it does feel like a design fault of sorts, I’m not sure how many have broken but a lot of the ones listed for spares and repairs on eBay had hinge problems.

I’m just waiting for the other side to break now, but at least I’m ready to just super glue it...

Back
Top Bottom