*** Apple Event (new Apple Watches, iPads etc) 15th September at 18:00 UK ***

Commissario
1ruHrLG.jpeg

The YouTube link for the event is here and the event is rumoured to announce the new Apple Watch Series 6, new iPad models and possibly a new Apple TV.

The iPhone 12 isn't likely to be launched on the 15th, instead Apple are expected to unveil that in a separate event, probably some time in October.

Soldato
It will probably be one fo their largest ever release cycles. New iPads, 5G iPhones, new Apple Watch, Apple Silicon macs, airtags, over-the-ear headphones, and more.

Soldato
Verge is reporting that this may be focused on the watch hence the event title with a second event further down the line for the other stuff - we shall see.
But yeah I want to get a watch as well as a new phone :)

Soldato
Verge is reporting that this may be focused on the watch hence the event title with a second event further down the line for the other stuff - we shall see.
But yeah I want to get a watch as well as a new phone :)

"Check out the new watch, dudes, it's cool. We showed courage in removing the notification light from your phone but Apple watch does that for you...starting at $599 or £729. Plus we saved the environment by not including a strap or a charger this time. And the new iPad air. That's cool as well."

There's not much to talk about with the watch and revamped iPads, neither of which take centre stage in the September announcement, so if the Verge is right, it'll be a short presentation. I really hope they spill the iPhone beans at the same time. I don't mind if the phones are out in October or November but I'd like to know what's coming.

Soldato
No iPhone reveal, I’ll probably leave it then.

I really don't get where people get these ideas from, I can see the 'rumours' going around about a lack of iPhone reveal, but they have revealed an iPhone in September when they've held an event since 2012 I believe. They won't hold two events in September, or even one in September and then October I doubt, so I would fully expect an iPhone announcement, even if the delivery isn't immediate.

Soldato
I really don't get where people get these ideas from, I can see the 'rumours' going around about a lack of iPhone reveal, but they have revealed an iPhone in September when they've held an event since 2012 I believe. They won't hold two events in September, or even one in September and then October I doubt, so I would fully expect an iPhone announcement, even if the delivery isn't immediate.

There are messaging from all the usually reliable sources saying that there won’t be iPhones. This is clearly Apple setting the expectations for the event. This event will be Apple Watch, iPads and accessories.

Apple has already confirmed iPhone shipments will be delayed this year. They won’t announce four new iPhones many weeks before every one of them are due for release. Apple never tells you what they’re going to introduce in the events. But they always make sure everyone knows (through their media contacts) what they’re not going to introduce so everyone has the right expectations.

I fully expect Apple to have another event in October for iPhones and Apple Silicon macs.

Soldato
There are messaging from all the usually reliable sources saying that there won’t be iPhones. This is clearly Apple setting the expectations for the event. This event will be Apple Watch, iPads and accessories.

Apple has already confirmed iPhone shipments will be delayed this year. They won’t announce four new iPhones many weeks before every one of them are due for release. Apple never tells you what they’re going to introduce in the events. But they always make sure everyone knows (through their media contacts) what they’re not going to introduce so everyone has the right expectations.

I fully expect Apple to have another event in October for iPhones and Apple Silicon macs.

What usual reliable sources? The ones that said that there would be iPads and Watches announced today? Not a chance will they hold two events in two months. Yeah the shipments have been delayed, but that's expected they will announce and set expectations on availability.

I also point out that the iPhone X was announced in the September event but not released until November if I recall. So they've historically done exactly that.

Soldato
What usual reliable sources? The ones that said that there would be iPads and Watches announced today? Not a chance will they hold two events in two months. Yeah the shipments have been delayed, but that's expected they will announce and set expectations on availability.

I also point out that the iPhone X was announced in the September event but not released until November if I recall. So they've historically done exactly that.

Mark Gruman (Bloomberg) and John Paczkowski (Buzzfeed) both said no iPhones, both are very well known for relaying Apple's messages to the media. Don't compare these to the random unknown twitter users. Neither of them suggested iPads or Watches were to be announced yesterday, in fact Gruman explicitly said it won't happen.

iPhone X was different because they also announced iPhone 8/8+ at that event, which shipped a week later. You're suggesting Apple is going to announce FOUR new iPhones, none of which are shipping for several weeks. They've never, EVER, done that before.

FYI, holding events with product announcements in September and October is very very normal for Apple. They've done that several times in recent years:
  • September and October in 2018
  • September and October in 2016
  • September and October in 2014
  • September and October in 2013
  • September and October in 2012
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Apple_Inc._media_events

Soldato
Mark Gruman (Bloomberg) and John Paczkowski (Buzzfeed) both said no iPhones, both are very well known for relaying Apple's messages to the media. Don't compare these to the random unknown twitter users. Neither of them suggested iPads or Watches were to be announced yesterday, in fact Gruman explicitly said it won't happen.

iPhone X was different because they also announced iPhone 8/8+ at that event, which shipped a week later. You're suggesting Apple is going to announce FOUR new iPhones, none of which are shipping for several weeks. They've never, EVER, done that before.

Gruman is about the only decent one in my mind, and even he's been changing his mind lately. Some of the 'biggest' rumormongers were talking about iPads/Watches this week and were all wrong, idiots like Prosser included but we never trust a think that arrogant turd says.

I am happy to be wrong, although I hope I am not, but I just don't see them not announcing an iPhone. But that's always the thing about these events we never know, and for me the rumours are pretty much always wrong/misguided. But let's see, hopefully new phones will be announced.

Soldato
I just want to see the new watch primarily, the new smallest iPhone 12 as a secondary, my 6s is getting old now so I'm probably looking at the 2020SE, unless the 12 brings something special to the table..

Soldato
I just want to see the new watch primarily, the new smallest iPhone 12 as a secondary, my 6s is getting old now so I'm probably looking at the 2020SE, unless the 12 brings something special to the table..

According to rumours it will be OLED and will have Face ID, with A14 of course which is expected to be a big upgrade over A13. So probably enough to spend a couple of hundred pounds extra versus the 2020 SE.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I definitely expect the phones to be announced here, but also a bunch of other things as well

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

FYI, holding events with product announcements in September and October is very very normal for Apple. They've done that several times in recent years:
  • September and October in 2018
  • September and October in 2016
  • September and October in 2014
  • September and October in 2013
  • September and October in 2012
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Apple_Inc._media_events

I take back what I just said lol, it seems we have 2 events happening quite soon of each other.

Back
Top Bottom