Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Soldato
Thank you for the response but they're all folio cases - I'm looking for something akin to the old school silicone cases: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Silicone-Case-9-7-inch-iPad/dp/B01DEUXTQY

So far I have been unsuccessful - everything I have found has a folio or holder for pencil or something unnecessary. Just want a simple case to protect the back of it and add a bit of rigidity.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083R7Q4NP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_HtbSEbM6KT7ZF

Soldato
I’m still using a case that I first bought for my MacBook Air around 10 years ago. The iPad and keyboard fit in it perfectly but I haven’t taken it out of the house for obvious reasons.

Permabanned
Picked up a Pro 11" and the magic keyboard last week and honestly, its an almost perfect combination. Never been a fan of anything apple except the iPad and I wavered as to whether spending over 1k on two pieces of quit was worth it. Lockdown and being away from home got the better of me however and I took the plunge. Just a lovely set up.

Soldato
The charging cable is extremely short. Should I be able to switch it with any usb-c cable?

I tried plugging the ipad into the charger for my note 9 and it didn't seem to like it - I assume that was an issue with the charger and not the cable?

Associate
Caved. 11 2020 cellular delivered today... said I wouldn’t, but lockdown fever and man maths purchase justification got the better of me!

Mrs whiskycycle gets the 2019 iPad Air, which will hopefully calm her about the horrendous Samsung tablet she bought.

Soldato
My magic keyboard finally arrived yesterday, it's obscenely expensive but I genuinely do love it.

As I sold my laptop a couple of months back I have been wondering about this magic keyboard since I saw it a few days ago. I didn't use my laptop that much beyond some basic typing stuff, so this looks like the perfect way to convert the iPad into multi-use.

The issue is the goddamn price.

Beyond that, any more impressions as you have been using it?

Associate
Yeh the keyboard itself is quality. I did take a bit of time watching a few videos on YouTube so I knew all the keyboard shortcuts and trackpad gestures whilst I was waiting for it to arrive. The trackpad is a little small but once you up the sensitivity it's great to use. I'm actually using more than I expected, you can just get stuff done much quicker so I rarely detach it for tablet mode at all unless I'm using the pencil.

Soldato
Just a heads up if you're a student you can get 20% off accessories from O2 via Unidays.

Apple Pencil for £96 and the Magic Keyboard for £240.

Back
Top Bottom