Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
The day they add a proper file system and a fully functioning IDE, I'll sell the laptop

Mine has already gone and I don’t miss it at all. iPad + Magic Keyboard is by far more suitable for my needs and I’ll echo what @Steedie said above, it’s far better to type on too! I’ve found that I’m programming more on my raspberry pi (using Termius for SSH and vi as an editor) and I’m thankful for that.

Soldato
I don't but I know many people who use it for note taking and swear by it.
Yeah, I'd love one for work as it's better than keeping piles of paper notebooks and makes it easier to index the notes, but for personal I'm struggling to justify it. I think if the price was £50-£60 instead of £120 then it would be an impulse purchase.

Soldato
Yeah, I'd love one for work as it's better than keeping piles of paper notebooks and makes it easier to index the notes, but for personal I'm struggling to justify it. I think if the price was £50-£60 instead of £120 then it would be an impulse purchase.

So it's two impulse purchases :D Next time you wanted to impulse buy something, don't, then you have enough money to impulse buy the apple pencil!

Soldato
Anyone buy a Pencil? If you don't draw/illustrate, do you tend to use it or does it now just sit in a drawer?
My missus has the pencil and although she does some mind boggling stuff on the arty farty side (see the. illuswriter) she also uses it as her main input method when interfacing with the ipad. Notes, youtube, documents etc. It's like second nature so well worth it from what I can see.

Soldato
Can you guys please recommend me a case for 10.5" ipad Pro.

We will probably end up getting the smart keyboard, so I am not looking to spend loads on a second case. I just want something light to protect it from getting scratched in the house. We bought one a couple of months ago, and I am constantly getting "triggered" by seeing it laid down on hard surfaces or a dirty tabletop. Miraculously it a survived without a scratch so far!

A case with a stand function would be useful. At the moment we are using the HP touchpad charging Dock as a stand!

Associate
I picked up this one and a flip cover.

Didn’t get a full case, as I picked up the Apple Smart Keyboard and wanted the shell on the back still. The shell took a drop and crack while we were away in January, and saved the iPad! Cheap enough to buy a replacement without breaking the bank etc.

EDIT: just realised that one linked might not be fully compatible with the 10.5 Pro. I did have the compatible version when I had the 10.5 Pro, but picked up this one when I picked up the Air 3 and then passed that to Mrs w... that link above shows some compatible ones as alternatives though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick question guys, how much is AppleCare for the 12.9 inch version please?

Is it worth it? 2 years doesn’t seem that long.

£129.

In general AppleCare isn't worth it unless you expect a high likelihood of accidental damage. It's literally an insurance policy.

Back
Top Bottom