Apple might be working on an ARM-based console

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I've read numerous tech reviewers say that Apple doesn't "get" gaming and I've usually dismissed it as hyperbole on the basis that a company can hire in the right people if it's of a mind to do so. However, Apple Arcade to me reinforces the notion that Apple really don't understand gaming. In theory it could be a great service and there are one or two gems, but so many of them are utterly bland. Google Play Pass is a much better effort in what it offers.

Yeah they don't seem to get anything gaming related and its probably best for them to stay as far away from it as possible, it'll end up being disastrous if they tried. The games on apple arcade are so bad and boring that im starting to winder who actually pays for it? Even the most hardcore fanboys surely recognise apple arcade as being a flop

Soldato
OP
I've read numerous tech reviewers say that Apple doesn't "get" gaming and I've usually dismissed it as hyperbole on the basis that a company can hire in the right people if it's of a mind to do so. However, Apple Arcade to me reinforces the notion that Apple really don't understand gaming. In theory it could be a great service and there are one or two gems, but so many of them are utterly bland. Google Play Pass is a much better effort in what it offers.

Arcade was probably made by TV/App Store marketing people, not serious gaming people. These people definitely don't understand the gaming industry. Now in terms of technology, they're pushing with gaming and it seems like they're being serious about it, but in terms of products, there's just nothing there yet.

Associate
If anyone remembers the risible Pippin from the 90s, this isn't their first attempt at something like this, maybe they learned something from that disaster.

Soldato
OP
If anyone remembers the risible Pippin from the 90s, this isn't their first attempt at something like this, maybe they learned something from that disaster.

Just about the same time they released Apple Newton. Now they did learn from that, let's see if they learn from Pippin.

Soldato
I'm not even sure there's room in the market for another player anyway. Between the XBox, Playstation, Switch and PC, anyone who's into gaming (either serious or casual) has an incredible wealth of products to keep them occupied.

Back
Top Bottom