Apple Music HiFi

Soldato
So I understand I cant get lossless audio unless I have wired headphones, am I able to get lossless from my ATV4K thats connected to my LG CX and then eARC out to my Sonos Arc?

Associate
Atmos works on the Apple TV it sounds great! Currently airplay to the receiver doesn’t work, hopefully it will in the future, I’d rather not have the screen on all the time when I don’t need to.

Associate
Just Dolby Atmos on the new songs is great.

I don't know why people are saying that the regular mix is better, or that Atmos sounds flat.

For me (regular Airpods, iPhone 12 Pro) every instrument track or vocal sounds distinct now. For me, the regular mixes sound all mushed together in comparison. I love this. Makes me really want to get the Airpod Pro's for the proper spatial audio.

Soldato
Just Dolby Atmos on the new songs is great.

I don't know why people are saying that the regular mix is better, or that Atmos sounds flat.

For me (regular Airpods, iPhone 12 Pro) every instrument track or vocal sounds distinct now. For me, the regular mixes sound all mushed together in comparison. I love this. Makes me really want to get the Airpod Pro's for the proper spatial audio.

Not gonna lie, its quite tasty on my airpod pros - great sound

Commissario
I've got the original AirPods which say they're supported, the trick is now finding something that's Atmos to see how it sounds!

/edit - Oh wow. OK, found some browsing through music. That's really noticeable.

Associate
You can hear in some songs that the instruments dominate slightly a bit more than they seem to than the regular mix, but I actually kinda like it. Weirdly you can hear the vocals more clearly, even if they are slightly less prominent.

Anyway, regular versions sound like garbage now haha.

Soldato
Taylor Swift has a few albums that are in Atmos if you like her, pretty big difference. As said the instrument separation is so much better on the Atmos tracks.

Having sound check enabled is worth doing if you don't already as the Atmos tracks tend to be at a lower volume compared to stereo ones.

Associate
Mine started working last night so have had a play with a few tracks on my shure 846 and it’s different so but pleasing.

However, I would question that this a mix and is it how the artist originally intended for it to sound. I may be happier with lossless and my DAC instead.

will see how it “pans” out.

Associate
I think that people who think this sounds worse are probably listening to some songs where this is done poorly. I’ve now come across a few of them (a couple of oldies than have been remixes for Atmos for example).

that being said, I haven’t tried actual Spatial yet, so I wonder if that makes a further difference to sound quality rather than just localisation.

Soldato
Just discovered how to switch it on and dug out my Beats Solo which I've had for a while but don't use much.

All I can say is wow. Even happier seeing Michael Kiwanuka on Atmos too, absolutely fantastic quality to match fantastic music.

Soldato
For spacial audio you need AirPods pro, or the max headphones, but standard AirPods do the atmos I believe.

I would like to get some AirPod pros, but I heard a possibility of a new version in the near future?? so may wait.

Back
Top Bottom