1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple repairs in East London ?

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by steveinspain, 13 Oct 2009.

1. steveinspain

Hitman

I hope this isn't against any rules here - please let me know if it is, and I'll delete the post..
    OK, a friend has a mac laptop, and while trying to do a back up using time machine and OS 10.4 managed to make the whole machine freeze up - she now cannot get the macine to boot up - she tried to use an installation disc from an old imac and now that is stuck inside the drive too...
    I know nothing about apple stuff, and am in Spain, and she needs to get it fixed.
    Can anyone point me or her towards a good place to go to try to get it fixed (cheaply and quickly..!)
    If anyone can, it may be better to email me through trust as this may seem to go against the rules, though I have looked and it all seems ok..
    Many thanks - the poor woman suffered an attempted theft scam as well the other day, so is a little in need of help !

2. Feek

Commissario

If she's in East London then the Apple store in Lakeside really isn't very far away. That might be her best first point of call.

Moving to Apple Hardware, btw

3. steveinspain

Hitman

OK, thanks Feek - I'll pass that on to her !

4. allosunshine

Wise Guy

She'd be quicker going to the apple store on regent street at the Oxford circus end.

5. PardonTheWait

Capodecina

Lakeside's a nicer place to be though, she'll get more attention paid to her and more time.

My girlfriend lives in Bow (E3) and Lakeside/Regent Street are similar distances to commute to be honest, Central Line's a pain in the arse.

I'd go Lakeside if it were me.

6. steveinspain

Hitman

PardonTheWait - great name !
    This lady is in Dulwich, and the idea of friendly people is a big plus - cheers for that !

7. v0n

Sgarrista

Dulwich is not in East London, Regent Street is the closest, Westfield would be the best (it's always empty, noone goes to Westfield). Lakeside is miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles away.

8. allosunshine

Wise Guy

You having a laugh. Regent Street is alot quicker and easier to get to than Lakeside.

9. gjc10212

Wise Guy

Central line is fine too and quick.

10. unknowndomain

Mobster

You've never been to Westfield then? Every time i've been there except once at 9 am or something early like that it has been busy, especially in the apple store.

11. steveinspain

Hitman

Dulwich is in south east London - sorry for that !

Anyway, back on topic, anyone know of a repair man, aside from an Apple store that may be able to help in SOUTH East London ?