Apple store discount - Possible?

Soldato
Has anyone asked and received any form of discount at any of the Apple stores?

I ask as Mrs HB and I need new phones, her iPad Pro is quite well used and isn’t as responsive as it once was, as such we’re looking on replacing that too.

1 tablet, 2 phones and some accessories are coming out at circa £3.7k (frightening) but what do you think would be our chances of asking for a discount?

I realise to some that’s not a lot, the Mac PC can easily exceed £10k but just wondered if anyone had any success in securing a discount.

Cheers.

Soldato
Only discount you'd receive is student or employee I believe. They don't do "haggling" - the price is the price unfortunately.

You're better off buying from 3rd party if you want discounted products :)

Edit: would wait on the iPad pro. Release cycles seems about every 1.3 years ish, combined with the large quantity of refurbs on Apple's site and the fact they've gone out of stock at all import sites would imply we're due a new one imminently

Soldato
As an employee I can tell you that you have no chance.
If you get closer to 4K and run your own business you can get a small business related
Discount.

Otherwise ask them to check if there’s any price matching deals applicable.
My store will match (max 10% off) from Curry’s, Argos, John Lewis, Amazon (not marketplace) and KRCS but depends as different stores have slightly different policies

Soldato
OP
Hadn’t considered the refurb as I didn’t know that was an option.

As it turns out, MrsHB works for someone who offers a discount scheme. Having looked through the offers we can get 8% discount with John Lewis, 10% off with Curry’s PC World and 5% with Argos so we’re going to use the 10% option.

We’ll save over £300 and we’re happy with that.

Soldato
If you have any friends who work for the NHS you can use their discount. I can’t remember exactly what percentage it was but I remember getting a 64GB 10.5 iPad Pro and cover for less than the 64GB 10.5 iPad should’ve been

Associate
Sometimes normal retailers can be cheaper than the apple store with discount.
For example 849 for an ipad pro but 879 post student discount via apple

Soldato
OP
Yeah, we went to PC world for the IPad which was £40 cheaper than Apple and using the awards scheme with my wife’s work we got just over £100 off.
Same scenario with the phones, but they were priced the same as Apple but still got just over £100 off each device. With accessories we saved about £350 which was good going.

Man of Honour
I have a business account for my limited company with them and get a fairly decent discount because I've spent a certain amount in the last 12 months. But that's the only discount I'm aware of other than students or employee

Man of Honour
Yeah, we went to PC world for the IPad which was £40 cheaper than Apple and using the awards scheme with my wife’s work we got just over £100 off.
Same scenario with the phones, but they were priced the same as Apple but still got just over £100 off each device. With accessories we saved about £350 which was good going.
One thing to be aware of is that you don't get the same no quibble 14 day return policy unless buying through apple.

Man of Honour
Some employers are members of the PerksAtWork scheme which offers 6% to 10% discount with Apple depending on the product. It's worth checking whether your employer is a member of PAW.

I got 6% off my daughters Macbook on this scheme.

Back
Top Bottom