AppleCare?

Soldato
If there is any reason you can’t buy the iPad from John Lewis to take advantage of their two year warranty then yes it’s worth it.

Soldato
I bought each of my children an iPad a couple of years ago. Both ended up with smashed screens and Apple charge an eye watering amount for repairs, while Applecare for these models is only about 40 quid. Their next iPads will come with Applecare.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Correct, AppleCare+ has included insurance for accidental damage. I'd take it for peace of mind if you can afford it. Apple customer service is excellent should you need to use it.

Soldato
I seem to recall once being asked by JL to take a faulty Apple product to the Apple store in order for them to 'run a report' to bring back to JL in order for them to accept something was a problem. Maybe it was a battery issue or something.

It was a lot more faff than walking into an Apple store and having it fixed there and then.

Soldato
Is it worth getting apple care?

If you are super clumsy, and can't have it as a separate item on your home policy then maybe. £69 for a non-pro model and then if you claim for an accident its £39 for a maximum of two claims then you lose the cover for accidental damage.

IMO waste of money, I've never broken a tablet screen as they have proper covers and cases, and am not a clumsy oaf. :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
But that's not covered on standard AppleCare is it?

There is no standard AppleCare, they only offer AppleCare+

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/products/

AppleCare+ is an insurance product that provides up to two years of expert technical support1 and hardware coverage2 for iPad, Apple Pencil and Apple-branded iPad keyboard, including up to two incidents of accidental damage, each subject to an excess fee of £39 for iPad and £25 for Apple Pencil or Apple-branded iPad keyboard.3 Coverage begins on your AppleCare+ purchase date.

Soldato
OP
If you are super clumsy, and can't have it as a separate item on your home policy then maybe. £69 for a non-pro model and then if you claim for an accident its £39 for a maximum of two claims then you lose the cover for accidental damage.

IMO waste of money, I've never broken a tablet screen as they have proper covers and cases, and am not a clumsy oaf. :)

Its not just about accidental issues though. Some hardware issues do arise and its normally after 12 months. £39 is not much over a year

Soldato
Its not just about accidental issues though. Some hardware issues do arise and its normally after 12 months. £39 is not much over a year

It's £69, £39 is the cost if you need to claim.

Also as I said check what your home insurance policy offer, mine covers 3x iPads, 4x phones, 3x laptops, 2x action cameras and a few other devices for less than £30 per year including accidental cover, and the I pay about £9 extra on top of that for advance replacement on one iPad and a laptop if I have to use it rather than waiting for a repair.

Soldato
OP

Also as I said check what your home insurance policy offer, mine covers 3x iPads, 4x phones, 3x laptops, 2x action cameras and a few other devices for less than £30 per year including accidental cover, and the I pay about £9 extra on top of that for advance replacement on one iPad and a laptop if I have to use it rather than waiting for a repair.

Ok, thanks..

Soldato

Have you ever claimed for any of them? I have with Apple Care and I had a new/refurb device within 24 hours.

I’ve not had that experience with house insurance albeit not with an iPad.

Soldato
Have you ever claimed for any of them?

Claimed for an HP laptop that had a drink spilled all over it, the device was registered with them so they had all the details, all I had to do was confirm the replacement model was satisfactory since the old model was no longer made, it was with within 36 hours, (happened on a Saturday night, too much cider, hic!) and they send a box for the faulty one which gave me time to get all the data off the drive and wipe it.

Soldato
Claimed for an HP laptop that had a drink spilled all over it, the device was registered with them so they had all the details, all I had to do was confirm the replacement model was satisfactory since the old model was no longer made, it was with within 36 hours, (happened on a Saturday night, too much cider, hic!) and they send a box for the faulty one which gave me time to get all the data off the drive and wipe it.
Fair play that’s impressive - who was the insurance with?

Back
Top Bottom