'Appy toys

Soldato
So I'm trying to see how much I can modernise everything, that and a little bit of just being intrigued by the fact we've been reduced to a water bottle with an app.

So what other toys are there out there like this that I've been missing out on?
The belkin Wemo, Phillips Hue, nest and sonos are all stuff I like and they're all phone controllable. What other stuff is there? Roomba got an app yet? The august smartlock and that sort of thing are what I'm looking for!

Can you think of any others?

Soldato
Consumers have always been stupid but holy crap they're getting dumber.

I never understood that hive rubbish - why would I want to control the heating from outside of the house????

I'm not there, it's on a timer for when it's needed, why would I be sat down the pub thinking "You know what, even though I'm not in the house I'll put the heating on and waste loads of gas, that'd be good!"

Smartwatches too - your phone is 2ft away in your pocket why not, you know, just get your phone out?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
but but i need a watch to tell me to get my phone out....

Smart watches is something just so utterly pointless.

We need the next leap of technology that lives inside our body. (without all this cloud rubbish)

Associate
Consumers have always been stupid but holy crap they're getting dumber.

I never understood that hive rubbish - why would I want to control the heating from outside of the house????

I'm not there, it's on a timer for when it's needed, why would I be sat down the pub thinking "You know what, even though I'm not in the house I'll put the heating on and waste loads of gas, that'd be good!"

I think you have the wrong end of the stick there.

Associate
Yeah, you check your phone and it tells you that you drank water from it. Well worth it.

Oh man, this would be really handy. I have a water bottle on my desk and when I look at it sometimes there is less water in it then when I filled it up. An app that let me know that it was because I had actually drank some of that water would be a life changer.

Does it also tell you when you need to refill the bottle? I mean, sometimes I look at my water bottle and its empty and I'm not really sure if I need to fill it up or not? If the app actually said that yes it is 100% time to fill up the water bottle then that would be really great.

Soldato
Oh man, this would be really handy. I have a water bottle on my desk and when I look at it sometimes there is less water in it then when I filled it up. An app that let me know that it was because I had actually drank some of that water would be a life changer.

Does it also tell you when you need to refill the bottle? I mean, sometimes I look at my water bottle and its empty and I'm not really sure if I need to fill it up or not? If the app actually said that yes it is 100% time to fill up the water bottle then that would be really great.

So you DON'T want a graph telling you how much you drank at what time with an alarm type system if you drop below your target average for the day.

I can't believe people like you actually exist ;)

Associate
So you DON'T want a graph telling you how much you drank at what time with an alarm type system if you drop below your target average for the day.

I can't believe people like you actually exist ;)

Woah there, graphs are a bit much don't you think? I mean, I'm no rocket surgeon. I just want something simple and understandable! :D

Soldato

I did think the same until I read of one persons story. They work various hours and get home at different times, so why have the heating come on at 5pm every day if some days you're not going to be home until 8pm? That way they simply turn the heating on 30-45 minutes before they're due to get home and the house is warm for them getting in. It makes sense for some people, not all.

Back
Top Bottom