Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Soldato
Yea, that's a killer for me. Buying a premium product shouldn't come with a 'premium' on top. I intended to keep this for years to come, but I'm not going to throw in a subscription on something I've already shelled out a fair amount for. Huge no no.

Oh well, it was almost a perfect product.
You've misunderstood.

Soldato
You've misunderstood.

I really hope so, in my understanding. If a feature is revealed AFTER my license, let's say it's some new fancy control feature. I can't get that without paying additional money?

However, updates to the software for bugs and such ARE covered after my license expiration?

What I'm mainly struggling with is... A hardware component requiring a license to begin with.

Soldato
I really hope so, in my understanding. If a feature is revealed AFTER my license, let's say it's some new fancy control feature. I can't get that without paying additional money?

However, updates to the software for bugs and such ARE covered after my license expiration?

What I'm mainly struggling with is... A hardware component requiring a license to begin with.
I wouldn't expect many new bugs to appear 2+ years after release. And compatibility issues appearing on new PC hardware released after the software wouldn't really count... But anyway:

Aquacomputer said:
In order to provide our customers with a stable working aquasuite version even after the expiration of the update service, in case of serious errors, later versions will also be released for customers with an expired update service.

Plenty of hardware has licenses attached. Generally just uses the serial number. Hardware used to drive video editing and audio processing suites, smart home/voice assistants... Pretty sure iTunes didn't used to work without a licensed iPod connected.

The hardware itself doesn't require a license. It works autonomously and always will. The software suite requires a license and your hardware came with one for 2 years of feature updates.

Soldato
I'd like to give credit where credit is due after my initial dislike of the license issue. I was wrong, just updated to version 12 and upgraded the firmware, what a seamless transition. They really do think of everything, auto backing up my profile, I think in total I clicked 5 times and now I'm up to date. Very impressive.

Soldato
I'd like to give credit where credit is due after my initial dislike of the license issue. I was wrong, just updated to version 12 and upgraded the firmware, what a seamless transition. They really do think of everything, auto backing up my profile, I think in total I clicked 5 times and now I'm up to date. Very impressive.

The thing is developing a software suite as impressive as AquaSuite is expensive. The free versions that competitors release are utfer garbage. Remember LINK, remember how people who'd bought into the ecosystem just got dumped as soon as a new product came out and iCue was launched?

AquaSuite is a full fledged control suite, and with every product you buy. You get a two year liscence bundled. It's perfectly acceptable for something that feature rich imo.

Associate
Bit of a random question, but has anybody tried or known of anyone who has run their Aquaero screen via a wired extension from the main unit please? Where I am thinking of mounting the screen, it does not have the clearance for the assembled unit, and where it's a standard 24pin connector I was thinking of wiring an extension lead on my 6 XT.

Soldato
I'm looking for a decent RGB solution, I have 2 devices with the 4 pin RGB connector and one with the 3 pin (1 blank slot). Knowing NOTHING of RGB, can I somehow use the Aquaero to control said devices and if so, what addons do I need?

Associate
Love the temperature control using my Octo.
Set my fans and pump to react to liquid temp at a very quiet noise level, but if my overclocked 3950x hits 80c (only happens when doing heavy avx tasks like h264 encoding) it switches to a profile where the fans crank up. Then once the encoding stops and the CPU goes back under 60c it switches back to the quiet profile.
I've never had this much control back when using iCue so it's great to have a solution that covers both scenarios without me needing to manually do anything.

Associate
I'm looking for a decent RGB solution, I have 2 devices with the 4 pin RGB connector and one with the 3 pin (1 blank slot). Knowing NOTHING of RGB, can I somehow use the Aquaero to control said devices and if so, what addons do I need?

Do you have an Aquaero already? If so, take a look at the Farbwerk for easy integration into your Aquasuite. If you don't have an Aquaero then there are plenty of other solutions around with many motherboards supporting it directly.

Soldato
Do you have an Aquaero already? If so, take a look at the Farbwerk for easy integration into your Aquasuite. If you don't have an Aquaero then there are plenty of other solutions around with many motherboards supporting it directly.
Farbwerk works independently, but I don't know if it does ARGB and 12V RGB simultaneously

Associate
Farbwerk works independently, but I don't know if it does ARGB and 12V RGB simultaneously

Yeah, that's why I suggested it IF they have an Aquaero since it makes integration simpler (vs AQ + another brand RGB controller). For a standalone RGB controller I would get something other than a Farbwerk. It's not that they're bad, just that there are other options that offer more RGB features if that's all you're after.

Soldato

Yeah, that's why I suggested it IF they have an Aquaero since it makes integration simpler (vs AQ + another brand RGB controller). For a standalone RGB controller I would get something other than a Farbwerk. It's not that they're bad, just that there are other options that offer more RGB features if that's all you're after.

I do indeed have the latest Aquaero LT, all setup and loving it. Been working a charm for the past few months. So Fabwerk will be able to handle 3 different devices? Again, super new to RGB and not a clue how to control it.

Soldato
Does anyone know if the product has cloud backup functionality? I am going to be formatting my PC in the next couple of days and want to backup my profile if possible.

Thanks

Soldato
Does anyone know if the product has cloud backup functionality? I am going to be formatting my PC in the next couple of days and want to backup my profile if possible.
Control programming is stored in device.
And you can export profile into backup from System "tab" under particular device.

Don
Updated with the latest software and the built in software sensors (MB, CPU etc) seems to have stopped working, even though in the admin bit of it, it still shows all my devices. Anyone else had this problem.

It did this after the last update, but rebooting it again fixed it that time.

Soldato
Yes, had something similar. I suspect they've revamped the "Aqua Computer Hardware Monitor" (ACHM) section as the temp and load readouts for my CPU worked (after a restart of the service - reboot would also work) but the temp, load and power readouts for the GPU did not until I reassigned them. Also have issues (in this and previous couple of versions at least) where when you want to select a data item from ACHM it doesn't show up under "Dara from Aqua Computer service" until you leave the screen and try again - basically cause it to redraw the tree.

Soldato
Worked it out, logging every second and not deleting after time causes it to go crazy.

On another note, what's with all the updates? No updates for month on x15 then suddenly I've just been asked to install x20 after doing 4 other updates over the last week or 2.

Back
Top Bottom