• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
This thread is beautiful, it's like 30 new users complaining about a company not giving queue positions on a paper launch product. What other company is going to sit down and give you a queue position on a gpu?

It's not going to fold it is part of case king.

You do realise that other UK companies are giving queue positions right?
One that starts with C and end with L.
They're also not totally overselling a card that they have no idea how much stock they're going to get of.
Maybe a bit less pat pat here and try understand that not everyone has the same circumstances around their PC or money.

OcUK Staff
I know there’s not a lot you can do to get stock here quicker, but what I think you could do better is manage customer expectations.

More than a week after the 3080 launch I don’t understand why customers haven’t been told their queue positions for each card. Even if developers are working on an official queue webpage or whatever, it’d take an hour or two tops to pull the data together to at least get users a one off “your current queue position for your card is X, we expect this to change due to cancellations, you’ll be able to track your queue position in real time once our developers have developed a tool for this”

As each order payment took a different time to process depending upon payment type/terms their order number doesn't match up to the times that orders were taken.

At that point we can no longer use a difference in order number to determine a place in queue.

Add into that the fact we were still processing payments and cancellations until yesterday (I was helping out but there was still webnotes to clear from days before) an individual order's queue position was changing hourly, therefore an accurate queue position was impossible to convey.

For example there were a ton of American customers who'd ordered not realizing they'd have to pay sales tax. Each one had to contact us and tell us they'd cancel and each one bumped someone else up a place in the queue.

We tried to get through all the queries as quickly as possible. Hopefully someone waiting a day/few days after their order and being able to give them an accurate idea of their order position (after we'd cleared those wanting to cancel and all those whose payments hadn't cleared), is better than giving them an inaccurate queue position.

Hopefully at that point we'd also have more info from Nvidia and the board partners about inventory/etas and be able to provide a more accurate queue position/stock eta.

Sometimes these things take days rather than hours.

I know one of the sales guys answered over 300 webnotes about 3080 orders one day, on top of the normal workload! That's 1.6 webnotes a minute that day, and we were all hands to the pump between us to help out and answer them. There was a couple of days I answered 100 3080 queries and I'm supposed to be managing peripherals and monitors!

Associate
As each order payment took a different time to process depending upon payment type/terms their order number doesn't match up to the times that orders were taken.

At that point we can no longer use a difference in order number to determine a place in queue.

Add into that the fact we were still processing payments and cancellations until yesterday (I was helping out but there was still webnotes to clear from days before) an individual order's queue position was changing hourly, therefore an accurate queue position was impossible to convey.

For example there were a ton of American customers who'd ordered not realizing they'd have to pay sales tax. Each one had to contact us and tell us they'd cancel and each one bumped someone else up a place in the queue.

We tried to get through all the queries as quickly as possible. Hopefully someone waiting a day/few days after their order and being able to give them an accurate idea of their order position (after we'd cleared those wanting to cancel and all those whose payments hadn't cleared), is better than giving them an inaccurate queue position.

Hopefully at that point we'd also have more info from Nvidia and the board partners about inventory/etas and be able to provide a more accurate queue position/stock eta.

I know one of the sales guys answered over 300 webnotes about 3080 orders one day, on top of the normal workload! That's 1.6 webnotes a minute that day, and we were all hands to the pump between us to help out and answer them. There was a couple of days I answered 100 3080 queries and I'm supposed to be managing peripherals and monitors!
Appreciate your message. Even that kind of information is something as opose to complete silence from OCUK. It does sound reasonable enough and I guess it's not big deal if we need to wait few more days for accurate queue position. At least someone reach out to us and explained it.

Associate
Anyone who bought the Asus Strix cards should cancel the order, the official images show 6 of the cheap MLCC arrays and are continuing to do so, glad I didn't order it.

Associate

sounds mental there good luck :D

OcUK Staff
Appreciate your message. Even that kind of information is something as opose to complete silence from OCUK. It does sound reasonable enough and I guess it's not big deal if we need to wait few more days for accurate queue position. At least someone reach out to us and explained it.

Thanks.

As you can imagine, we don't want to annoy and upset our customers, we'd prefer to be able to ship everyone exactly what they ordered!

However things don't go perfectly all the time, but rest assured we are all working our asses off to get you guys what you want!

Soldato
Am I wrong thinking all the cards are fine at 1710mhz and these problems will only effect out the box OC and manually OC'd cards?

You are wrong yes... Boost clock doesn’t work like that, most cards quoted much lower than the automatic boost will decide to push things. It’s not really ‘oh the OC is the issue’ it’s the nature of the tech like your Modern CPU which decides there is headroom or not at that time to boost further.

Associate
Literally just do a Google image search for it, and look at one of the images showing the back of the card. You can see the six arrays of the more expensive caps rather than the single cheaper black ones on the back of the GPU.

https://eteknix-eteknixltd.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/i.jpg

Looks like Asus changed the caps on this model already, maybe even before launch as that photo on C*****s website has been there since before they went on sale.

I've ordered a Gigabyte Gaming OC and that looks to have the cheaper caps but doesn't have the open back so only have Debauers teardown to go off atm.

Will definitely be keeping a close eye on this. Seems like the dedicated thread for this topic has been locked though does anyone know why?

Associate

As someone who has not called, emailed nor submitted 1 webnote, I'd prefer a rough estimate to guage as a consumer whether OCUK has the ability to fulfil orders going forward or to reconsider my choice of product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom