Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940) (FG-000-AR)

Soldato
Darrensen said:
Are you 100% it'll fit a premium.....I'm gonna buy one tomorrow and i was a little worried!

Ta

Darren
Dude,

This is the *most* perfect heatsink you could have with the ASUS A8N-Sli Premium, I mean that! :cool:

You have two ways you can mount it, both fit fine, however I think its better to mount it with the heatpipes facing the memory slots because then the 120mm fan blows cool air-directly onto the motherboards passive heatsinks.

All memory slots can be accessed no troubles, no cap tilting, its fits (and is easy to fit).

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium + Thermalright SI-120 = Air-Cooling perfection!

Soldato
Whats the difference between the XP-120 and the SI-120? Which is better?

I have an A8N Premium and after reading this I might get one rather than a freezer pro

Soldato
Raikiri said:
Actually the tt big typhoon cools marginally better... :p
Maybe, maybe not, but I do know 100% that the Big Typhoon is a total MINGER!!! :p

When I say *Perfection* I mean its cool really well and *looks* amazing.

It matches the passive cooling system on the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium 100% and when fitted it almost looks like they are one.

Fitted in a nice tidy/modded system with a UV fan it certainly looks more impressive than anything I have seen before.

The no-brainer about the Thermalright vs Arctic cooling is that you have the choice of fan you wish to use, and also I prefere a fan that blows cool air down onto the CPU and motherboard/VRMs/Mosfets etc, I think that will help your overclocks a lot more than say just 1°C drop on just your CPU.

Soldato
Hunders said:
Whats the difference between the XP-120 and the SI-120? Which is better?

I have an A8N Premium and after reading this I might get one rather than a freezer pro
Hi,

well I have posted most of the info, and you can google for SI-120 reviews for details, but basically the SI-120 is the *new* XP-120. It has been redesigned by Thermalright because the XP-120 was not totally compatible with some motherboards, on others it fitted ok (with some fiddling) but blocked some DIMM slots etc.

If you got the ASUS An8-Premium, do yourself a favour and stick the SI-120 on there (I wish I had a digital camera so you could see what I mean :) )

It's better quality than the Arctic series, cools better, looks better, gives you a choice of fan options, and for just an extra £20.00? How can you resist :p

Soldato
You keep going on about looks, it is supposed to cool not look shiny!

It doesnt cool better unless you use a deafening delta (could be strapped onto the freezer), choice of fan is irrelivent considering the fan on the freezer works so well and is either very quiet or inaudible depending on what speed you have it at(using speedfan).

Plus it is half the price... the choice is obvious isnt it?

I can run my cpu passively, or have the fan at 75% speed and get the same temps as you (slightly higher idle, but same load) and thats with a 25% OC and the voltage at 1.55.
Admittedly my case cooling isnt bad, I am using 2 1100rpm 120mm fans, one intake one exhaust which are very quiet also.

What fan are you using?

Last edited:
Soldato
Raikiri said:
You keep going on about looks, it is supposed to cool not look shiny!
hehe :)

Don't get me wrong, the Arctic cooler seems like it does the job, the same as the stock AMD HSF appears to do the job, but I don't think you can compare the Arctic cooler to the ones made by Thermalright, they are just a different class.

I don't think you can say looks are not important, I mean a computer case is just to be a base to hold all your PC components together and provide good cooling, but there are a lot of people who take their time in choosing these, the same can be said for monitors and a lot of other PC hardware.

You maybe be one of those people who doesn't care for aesthetics *and* performance, in which case fair enough, be happy with your Arctic cooler :)

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
AnastieByte said:
I have looked for online instructions to fit this to see how easy it is to install but see none. I know some of you say it is easy but we all have differing levels of experiance and confidance. Any examples?
Ta

its as easy as fitting a stock cooler.I fitted mine in about 1 minute once i had the motherboard out.

Man of Honour
OP
No problem.I have checked, i may stand corrected on this, but it's the same attachment as the "stock" coller i.e click and lock!

I'm ordering this this week and wil install it over the weekend. If you want to hang on, i can post the details here if it helps.

:)

Back
Top Bottom