Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940) (FG-000-AR)

Associate
Are you absolutley sure? Your not just saying that becuase you have a grudge against companies that lie about stats..

At the moment I have the SilentX fan cooling my CPU (I don't overclock), to me that is very quiet, but if the Freezer is even quieter I am getting one!

Man of Honour
Got mine today :D

woooo its so quite compared to my old amd one.

Does anyone know a program for testing a cpu, like a stress test, ive seen some pics before but cant remember the names :( I wanna see how much cooler it is.

thanks

Soldato
DannyW said:
Got mine today :D

woooo its so quite compared to my old amd one.

Does anyone know a program for testing a cpu, like a stress test, ive seen some pics before but cant remember the names :( I wanna see how much cooler it is.

thanks

Run prime 95 and keep track of temps with speedfan

Man of Honour
Just ordered one of these :)

just out of interest, when i take the stock heatsink off (amd64 754) it will just be using a thermal pad wont it? what should i do to clean the processor or should it be alright as it wasnt using thermal compound

Soldato
There will be some residue, TIM is the best thing to use although some people have suggested nail varnish remover. Personally i just use some tissue and get what i can off. Clearly hasnt hurt the temps

Soldato
ive got the first AC Freezer 64 and the fan on it started to come lose and its vibrating the whole case.

so i mgiht go for the pro version, i just hope that it last a little longer then the one i got now!

Soldato
I told you already (as have others) it's rubbish! :p

ok ok I'm only joking, don't wanna get me backside roasted by the *Akasa Cooling Appreciation Society* but if you pay peanuts you get monkeys!!!

If you wanna join the *A-C-C* (Air Cooling Club) then getting a Bling heatsink is a requirement ;)

Soldato
Big.Wayne said:
I told you already (as have others) it's rubbish! :p

ok ok I'm only joking, don't wanna get me backside roasted by the *Akasa Cooling Appreciation Society* but if you pay peanuts you get monkeys!!!

If you wanna join the *A-C-C* (Air Cooling Club) then getting a Bling heatsink is a requirement ;)

Yes, the Arctic freezer pro :p

TBH the si-120 looks rubbish in comparison to the 9500, the Tt blue orb or the akasa evo 120.

But as I have said looks arent important to a cooler (and the freezer looks fine anyway)

I shall start my own *A-C-C* (Arctic cooling club) ;)

I think i'll stick to my cooler that
A) cools just as well
B) is silent
C)Cost me half what yours did

Soldato
To Owners of an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

Greetings,

just to make some relevant technical observations to anyone thinking of buying the Arctic cooling Freezer for their ASUS Premium

freezer64325ju.jpg

Both of these issues do not affect the SI-120, you have complete access to your memory slots (if thats important to you) and because the SI-120 uses a *120mm* fan which is normally pointing down, not only does your heatsink get a nice bit of cooling, so does the passive chipset radiator and surround mosfets, PWM etc.

Wanna test your CPU for some *extreme* overclocks then whack on a killer 145cfm monster hook it up to your fan controller and your clear for take off. Just wanna run some mild overclocks while keeping the noise down, np just pop on a nice silent 120mm fan and continue with your yoga stances, or maybe you prefere the *bling* to the *ming* and have an imaculate modded case (UV cable tidied etc) with side window (or open) then select the most funky UV 120mm fan and watch people go *Ohhhh* or *WTF!!* when they peer inside the warp-core.

Soldato
If you notice, the bottom 3 fins are angled downwards towards the PWM area, giveing them ample cooling ;)

And the memory slots are quite easily accessible, as my epox has the exact same layout and i have memory in the first 2 slots :)

The cooler is easily high enough to put the memory in

Associate
I take it if your ram is already installed in slot 1, that you can just pop the freezer ontop of it (ie, it still fits with ram installed) even though once its installed it blocks slot 1? :confused:

Soldato
No, the fan is easy to remove/put back on if you really have to. But you simply take the ram out, and move sideways rather than up... there is about a cm of space above the memory. Enough to lift it out of the slot.

Sul

Sul

Associate
I've got the freezer64 pro and I've tried mounting it both ways. The way it is mounted on the picture is the best for CPU cooling but bad for motherboard. With that alignment my CPU is 5 - 7 degrees cooler than the other way, but my motherboard is 5 degrees warmer. I fixed this my just sticking in the asus fan that can be attached to the heatsink you see just behind the freezer 64 - isn't noisy at all. I think it's right for the airflow with the way he's mounted it in the picture as well.

Back
Top Bottom