Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940) (FG-000-AR)

Man of Honour
well i just installed this onto my 3200+ 754, and the temps seem to be down, hopefully when the compound sets in it should go down again

but im dissapointed with the noise levels, it isnt much quieter if at all quieter than the amd reference heatsink

at first, when i tried to install it i noticed it was facing my graphics card and the fan was literally a cm away, so had to change the mount which was tricky for me :( lol but now i've got it facing the back of my case with the fan facing the exhaust fan

Associate
i put mine on the board last night,(its great not paying shipping and a staff discount) ive done the same thing with mine, me being thick didnt realise that you can move the heatsink round till after 1/2 hr of fiddling getting covered in artic silver

Man of Honour
OP
Ok my Freezer 64 pro arrived this week (little late).

Got it out of the box and i amazed by the size of the beast.

Looking at the picture that Big.Wayne posted above, it does look a bit awkward for my Asus A8N mobo.

So i'm not really sure what to do now?

Interestingly enough, Custom PC have a range of CPU HSFs under test and these model is rated the top, without any mention of any space limitations etc.

Also, it noted that this HSF is not as easy to install as first suggested stating you may have to take out the mobo because of the mounting clip???

thoughts?

Soldato
Ive had this cooler fitted to my Asrock Dual for a while now.

Good cooler and it is easy to install with mobo fitted, if you need clearance just move the PSU out of the way to get at the clips easier.

Also make sure fan is blowing backwards by moving clip arrangement (1 min job) if needed. :)

Man of Honour
OP
UOcUK Poopscoop said:
Ive had this cooler fitted to my Asrock Dual for a while now.

Good cooler and it is easy to install with mobo fitted, if you need clearance just move the PSU out of the way to get at the clips easier.

Also make sure fan is blowing backwards by moving clip arrangement (1 min job) if needed. :)

are you saying move the HSF so it blows air inwards? That would surely casue a contention within the gap between th CPU fan and the the case fan blowing air out? Refer to picture above.

Soldato
If I'd noticed this thread b4 I woulda put all my posts in this one!
Sorry mods!

I've just decided to buy a SL 120, purely cos I like the idea of the unit cooling components around the cpu as well as the cpu itself!

Now I'm gonna head over to the Asrock dual board thread to ask if it fits :)

Associate
You're gonna need a K8 backplate for the Thermalright. The Asrock doesn't come with one. I had one on order and tried everywhere in thr UK to get the plate, no joy. Had seen an online retailer in France selling them, but settled in the end for the Artic 64 Pro.

Associate
dmurray0 said:
You're gonna need a K8 backplate for the Thermalright. The Asrock doesn't come with one. I had one on order and tried everywhere in thr UK to get the plate, no joy. Had seen an online retailer in France selling them, but settled in the end for the Artic 64 Pro.

I thought you also needed a K8 backplate for the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro? The instructions show a backplate is needed and the socket on the dual-sata2 looks a bit weak to support the cooler without a plate?

Soldato
DannyW said:
freezer6432.jpg

oh no i dont think it will fit my motherboard... well covers a dimm

i have same board and hsf as you and i still use all the dimm slots the plastic bit on the hsf goes between the ram works a treat will post pics if u want

Man of Honour
OP
steveo said:
i have same board and hsf as you and i still use all the dimm slots the plastic bit on the hsf goes between the ram works a treat will post pics if u want

Can't see how? That fan is over the top of the memory bank. I have this mobo, and the same HSF but have rfrained from installing it.

Also, the hot air blows right over that heat-pipe from the chipset. :eek:

Soldato
Admiral Huddy said:
Can't see how? That fan is over the top of the memory bank. I have this mobo, and the same HSF but have rfrained from installing it.

Also, the hot air blows right over that heat-pipe from the chipset. :eek:

The fan is higher than the dimms... it goes over the top and would only be in the way if you wished to remove them, in which case you take the fan off which is very easy to do.

The air coming from it isnt that warm really, and any airflow is better than none - the thermalrights main selling point is that it cools other componants (by blowing warm air over them)

Caporegime
Yeah i read somewhere that the only Ram problem you have is if you have the ones with the LED's on, as they are higher than the normal Ram to accomodate the LED's, so it won't fit on those, but normal Ram is fine. :)

Is it ok to fit with the mobo still in the case then, as ive got loads of space around my CPU socket so i can easily get in, just a bit worried that with having to push the lever down to lock it, the board could flex/bend and you could crack the tracks.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well just spent an hr fitting the ****, its a sod to get on, would just not hook on the lever side, but eventually got it on, when the fan runs full speed you can hear it, sounds like when you have your ear next to an slightly ajar door and you can hear all the wind rushing through, thought it would be quieter than that tbh.

My 3500+ was idling about 30-31, and my power management was down from about 56 to around 45, so i reduced the fan to 80% so i cant hear it, and tested with a run of 05 see how high it would go, and the CPU inly rose to about 35-36, and the power management went to about 52, so underload hammers the retail coolers idle temps, as underload they are still a lot lower. :D

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Yeah i read somewhere that the only Ram problem you have is if you have the ones with the LED's on, as they are higher than the normal Ram to accomodate the LED's, so it won't fit on those, but normal Ram is fine. :)

do you mean like the memory i have if so i have no problem, and i have the picture to prove it, do u still have the link to that info ????

Back
Top Bottom