Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940) (FG-000-AR)

Caporegime
so has anyone had issues re-orientating the HSF to point back instead of up/dfown? i couldnt work it out, spent ages sorting it too..

the backplate of the cpu bloc does not fit the small holes on the brackets once its beenrotated and just seems to flimsy about help anbyone?

Caporegime
steveo said:
do you mean like the memory i have if so i have no problem, and i have the picture to prove it, do u still have the link to that info ????

I don't have the link still sorry, it was in one of the reviews. :)

I was thinking, i should have really removed my board, then it would'nt have taken me an hr or so to get it hooked on, as my PSU was in the way, and i couldnt see properly, or get my fingers in to fasten it on, so i rekon if i done the proper way with a removal it would have been a piece of cake. :)

Brilliant cooler, i got a bit worried that it wasn't working today as my cool and quiet is set to start the fan when the temp hits 25, now my retail cooler started half way through windows loading, but this didnt start till not long after it had loaded :eek: , i was looking at it thinking, its buggered it aint started up yet, surely it should be at 25 by now, but when i checked the temp after windows ws fully loaded its only on 28, its not even running full speed, ive got it on about 80% and its totally silent, cracking cooler. :cool:

Associate
Just installed my Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler , its a big one :) seems ok

Any programmes so i can see my temps , the only way i know is via BIOS

Any help

Associate
I got one of these to fit onto a DFI Lanparty UT nf4 ultra-d board but I don't think it will fit right. Looks like it will be pointing straight up towards the Dimm slots rather than towards the back of my case. :(

Associate
turbotoaster said:
take it off and ya can take the bottom apart, and turn it round so it fits a different way

I didn't know that thanks mate. Do you just unscrew the clip ? I've not got all the bits for my new build yet so haven't put anything together.

Man of Honour
OP
S-H-A-N-E said:
Just installed my Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler , its a big one :) seems ok

Any programmes so i can see my temps , the only way i know is via BIOS

Any help

Ahh an Asus A8N user with a AC freezer 64 .. now did you have to remove the mobo? .. and can you get to the memory modules ok?

Try using the Asus motherboard monitor which came with the motherbaord or from the Asus website.

Man of Honour
OP
steveo said:
img09010gv.jpg

happy now :p had it like that for 1 month and no problems

that does look a bit tight tbh :eek:

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I built 3 PCs recently, all using this heat sink. No problems on fitting any of the coolers and it really does seem to work very well, especially so for the price.

Makes my old SLK800 look like a dwarf, but clearly works wonders as idle temps are just 28 degrees.

Associate
Anyone got pics of their Freezer Pro after turning the clip 90 degrees ? I have done mine but the clip doesn't feel secure at all and I wondered if I had made a balls of it.
Thanks.

k3v

k3v

Associate
quick question for asrock dual owners..... does it fit? do you need a backing plate as im thinking of ordering the asrock and this fan?
thanks in advance

Man of Honour
OP
Ok, i'm convinced. I have had a good look at this cooler and after reading a previous post here, I now realise the fan does come off pretty easily..

It's held on by 4 rubber dongle thingys which keep it suspended.. So getting to the memory mudules isn't that difficult after all. In fact, it must draw heat away from the memory.

Man of Honour
OP
All in place nicely.. my X2 4400+ has a lovely new Freexer 64 Pro!!

Was a bit fiddly trying to get it in but was ok.

Right, I've run both cores at 100% using F@H so the CPU is on full constant load. Using Asus probe, the CPU is static at 40 and the system is also static at 31..

Any good?

Hoping there is some headroom now for some good OC'ing..

As for noise, not really much different to be honest unless on of my case fans were louder in the first place in which case i wouldn't notice the difference anyway. My PC is quite quite anyway.

Happy days :)

Suspended
Admiral Huddy said:
Right, I've run both cores at 100% using F@H so the CPU is on full constant load. Using Asus probe, the CPU is static at 40 and the system is also static at 31..

Any good?

Not really, mine is 40 fully loaded (30 idle) see sig.

Back
Top Bottom