Arctic Monkeys 2006 gigs, pre-general sale tickets

Soldato
Says Wolves Civic weren't selling them online in person only. Cripes I saw them the week "I bet you look good..." came out and you could buy them a week in advance. For the Oxford gig you could get them in the same week. Talk about ballistic.

Associate
extremely annoyed to see the tickets going on ebay straight after sale. After hearing so many stories of how good they were at leeds uni last night today im really annoyed.

Soldato
Yeah it really is a shame that people who want to go and see them have to pay over the odds to line some ******* pocket! :mad:

Ah well, bugger it, I'm going to see The Kooks at the Leadmill instead! :)

Suspended
Tommy D said:
That payment system is shocking though, took about 15 minutes to load after I clicked Pay. Ah well, I got the confirmation E-Mail now so it's all good.

Aah, fond memories of the Glasto ordering page from the last couple of years :) Have I confirmed, will I be billed 7 times, WHEN WILL I GET MY TICKETS? :D

Associate
Yeah I hate touts they are scum... I really wanted to go to this gig. Good job I got NME tour tickets.

I have to stand through Maximo Park though as the price!

Associate
Nitefly said:
I find it odd that they charge £14 for tickets when I paid £12.50 for my Muse ticket after they launched absolution.... hummm

really? Where did you see them. The one i went to (brum NEC), was about £20 I think!

Associate
Malc said:
Yeah I hate touts they are scum... I really wanted to go to this gig. Good job I got NME tour tickets.

apparently the monkeys are on 3rd at all NME tour dates and Maximo Park are last, so you can always leave ;)

Soldato
Malc said:

You going to the one tomorrow or on Sunday? (Take it you're going to the Manchester one?). I'll be there tomorrow, can't wait. I don't mind Maximo Park though :)

Associate
Malc said:

Maximo Park are headlining aren't they? As the Arctic Monkeys didn't want to, so you can leave like everyone else is apparently doing.

Got my tickets for the 19th in Wolverhampton tho, well chuffed.

Permabanned
You could only get 2 per person from the Civic in Wolves

They were cueing from 10 in the morning and it was on the local BBC news LoL :D

Soldato
converse_uprise said:
NME's decision as to put maximo park as headliners, which is fair enough. Haven't talked to one person that has thought arctic monkeys were better than maximo park at this nme tour.

I went last night to the Manchester gig and I must say I completely agree. Was really looking forward to the arctic monkeys as I do really like them but to be honest everyone I've spoken to agreed that they weren't very good compared to We are scientists and maximo park.

They didn't seem that bothered, had no energy and stunk of arrogance. Obviously the set was mint but they could have just put a cd on and stood there really :p

Maximo Park were awesome on the other hand as were We Are Scientists :cool: (Mystery Jet were neither here nor there really, not bad though, plus that had a comedy old geezer of a member :p)

So I'm not looking AS forward to seeing the arctic monkeys in Blackpool now :o

Back
Top Bottom