Are all Corsair products crap?

V F

V F

Soldato
I swear by their RAM and PSUs, so it's not a case of just because it's Corsair it's bad.

I'd say a lot of peripherals these days are poor quality, plasticky, designed to fail.
Anything from keyboards and mice, to headsets, and monitors.
I don't really think there's anything that makes Corsair particularly worse than anyone else.

If anyone's looking for a keyboard and mouse, the pair I'm using at the moment seem pretty bulletproof.
KB: Qpad MK-50
M: Logitech G302

From what I've read across so many boards most seem to have a real hate for Razer yet I do not understand why. They even slate their customer support something rotten, yet I had used them sending emails back and forth with logs and whatnot for a few weeks, they tracked the bugs down that got sorted with new revisions. Problems solved.

Caporegime
That's not an indication of corsair being crap. It's either the switch has worn out on the mouse, or there's static built up in the switch that is triggering multiple actuations being recorded. This is a mouse issue, not a corsair one.
True enough, we'll see how their support is. I've used Corsair PSU's in the past and my sons PC from 2011 is running 4 sticks of their RAM so it's decent kit but I think if they drag their heels I might consider going back to Logitech or maybe another brand.

OcUK Staff
I feel that Corsair might be victims of their own success in some regards. Being privy to return rates their products are no worse or better than others in terms of reliability.

The situation can arise whereby the market leader, simply by having more products out there in the wild (in terms of units sold), appears to have more faults with it. This is just pure math and I hope you understand that without me having to go into it. Add to the fact that people are more motivated to give products a negative review than a positive one and you can see how a false perception might arise.

As the proportion of faults is the same across brands, I would ignore what other people say online in terms of their experiences and only go on your own experience :) After all you never know what other peoples motivations and experiences really are.

Soldato
I feel that Corsair might be victims of their own success in some regards. Being privy to return rates their products are no worse or better than others in terms of reliability.

The situation can arise whereby the market leader, simply by having more products out there in the wild (in terms of units sold), appears to have more faults with it. This is just pure math and I hope you understand that without me having to go into it. Add to the fact that people are more motivated to give products a negative review than a positive one and you can see how a false perception might arise.

As the proportion of faults is the same across brands, I would ignore what other people say online in terms of their experiences and only go on your own experience :) After all you never know what other peoples motivations and experiences really are.

Hate to say it but most things I've owned peripheral wise with PC's have broken, had a Razer mouse with just under 2 years light usage which had a broken laser and double click issue, Roccat headphones had a loose wire which made them lose audio for a split second and just recently my HyperX headset started to lose audio in the right earcup (Unlike Roccat and Razer Kingston have accepted the RMA). It seems to be that half the manufactures have bad product quality in my experience, Qpad, Cooler Master, Logitech and some others seem to have very good quality so it just depends on what you get and what product I suppose.

That is just some my experiences anyway.

Soldato
I think Corsair are pretty solid.

I currently have the Obsidian 350D case, K70 Rapidfire keyboard, H100i and uprated Corsair fans, PSU.

I've had several Corsair cases, keyboards, coolers and memory modules in the past and I have had no issues with any of them.

I found Razer stuff pretty useless (particularly mice) and tend to stick to Steelseries, Corair or Logitech for peripherals.

V F

V F

Soldato
Hate to say it but most things I've owned peripheral wise with PC's have broken, had a Razer mouse with just under 2 years light usage which had a broken laser and double click issue, Roccat headphones had a loose wire which made them lose audio for a split second and just recently my HyperX headset started to lose audio in the right earcup (Unlike Roccat and Razer Kingston have accepted the RMA). It seems to be that half the manufactures have bad product quality in my experience, Qpad, Cooler Master, Logitech and some others seem to have very good quality so it just depends on what you get and what product I suppose.

That is just some my experiences anyway.

Soldato
Had... a.... mostly positive time with Corsair. The usual mix of ram/etc in yesteryear, no issue there.
The missus has a reconditioned vengeance headset that is... not only reasonable sounding (beats their current voids by quite a margin by my ear) but bar the odd charging bug (unplug the battery, plug back in and all is good) has been absolutely rock solid for at least 2/3 years.
I bought a K95 (non-rgb), knowing it had issues with led death but the deal was too good to pass up. Sure enough a key went dark, it was replaced, the next one had a couple go dark and it was replaced with an RGB. I can't really fault that? The RGB has been solid as (the LED isn't exposed on the circuit board so no/much less chance of ESD).

h91

h91

Associate
Just curious but regards returns, when a keyboard has an LED failure within it's warranty period do you return it to the manufacturer or the retailer, since the first port of call is meant to be the latter? I feel I might have a lesson to learn here.

I have had a K95 (non-RGB) with Cherry MX Reds like above when it was on an offer, and had an LED failure, returned it to OC who in turn sent it off to Corsair (which if I knew they would do that would've just cut the middleman) and waited. They yesterday sent me a replacement keyboard from a different manufacturer, a reputable brand but not exactly the a keyboard that suits my needs.

Associate
Got 4 sp120 fans and an rm850 psu in my build never had a problem with them. I have not tried their peripherals yet so maybe that are is different to the hardware that they make.

Soldato
Like most manufacturers, there are always gonna be the odd bad ones coming off the factory line regardless of what that product is. Heres my corsair history :p

2100 2.1 speakers - cant remember when I bought these but its probably ~6-7 years ago and they are still going strong on my wifes pc :)

Vengeance 2100 headset - still going strong 3 years on (son now has these)

K50 keyboard - still going strong 2 years on (and it was a refurb when I bought it :D ) and love it

CX450 PSU - 2 years now in wifes pc, not skipped a beat

3 x scimitar rgb mice - these were gash, 1st one right click stopped working after 3 months, 2nd one side keys stopped working after 4 months, 3rd one laser stopped working after about 6 months. And the software for them was diabolical.

Several cases - no problems with any of these

Fans - again no issues

RAM - had an iffy stick about 9 years ago but got it swapped out and was fine after that. Customer support was very very good.

Man of Honour
My M65 and K55 are brilliant, couldn't be more pleased with them. Decent quality, works as expected and the mouse especially is brilliant with the CUE software.

However, my VOID RGB 7.1 (the wireless one) is garbage. The mic on it is awful, I may as well be whispering to everyone else. And the sound is pretty terrible. The 7.1 Dolby setting gets confused in some games so the volume seems to jump then go down again, especially in PUBG. Luckily I got it at a really good price so I've not wasted too much, but it's definitely not worth anywhere near full price

Associate
My M65 and K55 are brilliant, couldn't be more pleased with them. Decent quality, works as expected and the mouse especially is brilliant with the CUE software.

However, my VOID RGB 7.1 (the wireless one) is garbage. The mic on it is awful, I may as well be whispering to everyone else. And the sound is pretty terrible. The 7.1 Dolby setting gets confused in some games so the volume seems to jump then go down again, especially in PUBG. Luckily I got it at a really good price so I've not wasted too much, but it's definitely not worth anywhere near full price

Did you get it b grade, from competitor? I was think of buying to try it out , but mic reviews are not very flattering.

Man of Honour
I got it from a certain high street electrical store, it was £60 instead of £80.

The mic is just awful, if you leave CUE to control it then it rarely pics up your voice as the sensitivity is so low. So you've just said something in game but half of it wasn't received as the mic didn't start transmitting for a while. If you let Windows control it then it transmits at the right time but it's just so quiet. Even at max volume I have to bend the mic to practically be in my mouth, and people still tell me I'm quiet

it's a shame as looks wise and comfort wise, it's right up there with the best headset/headphones I've ever used. I often forget I have it on, I know that's a cliche thing to say regarding headsets but it's true

Associate
I don;t think I ever had an issue with corsair hardware their keyboard software well that's a whole different ball game. In the time I have been using corsair since the xms2 I don't think any ram, psu, etc has ever died on me not while I have been using it anyways. I have always used their ram until recently and it what made them famous in the first place. I still like their ram but I do think their are other brands which can be held in this high regard when it comes to memory.

I love their Psu's but only the ones made by Seasonic. I won't touch their digital psu's or their budget offerings. The old AX850 and current AX860 I love.

My fave Ram by them was the old corsair XMs memory you could get the cas timing down to 2.5 on the old AMD 6400x2 the only other memory that was better than it at the time was the Mushkin Redline now that was something special and even better in regards to overclocking.

V F

V F

Soldato
I don;t think I ever had an issue with corsair hardware their keyboard software well that's a whole different ball game. In the time I have been using corsair since the xms2 I don't think any ram, psu, etc has ever died on me not while I have been using it anyways. I have always used their ram until recently and it what made them famous in the first place. I still like their ram but I do think their are other brands which can be held in this high regard when it comes to memory.

I love their Psu's but only the ones made by Seasonic. I won't touch their digital psu's or their budget offerings. The old AX850 and current AX860 I love.

My fave Ram by them was the old corsair XMs memory you could get the cas timing down to 2.5 on the old AMD 6400x2 the only other memory that was better than it at the time was the Mushkin Redline now that was something special and even better in regards to overclocking.

I remember the LL series that was 2.0 with the LEDs.

Associate
Never had a problem with their AIOs across 4 builds, but haven't used them in the last 2 years. They don't do a 360mm afaik, which is disappointing, so I switched.

Only other product I've used is one I swear by, the K70. Does everything a good keyboard should, never found a better one. Gone through like 3 of them because I have a habit of spilling water on them and they don't like that much. They normally last me over a year of use, 12+ hours a day almost every day, for both gaming and home office use, and are still going strong without fault by the time I **** up and take them for a swim. Can't fault them, just me being a tard.

I don't think there's much reason to use anything else they make. SeaSonic and SuperFlower sell PSUs. GSkill (and Team Group in these parts) sell RAM. Phanteks sell cases. There are no good headsets no matter who you buy from -- so AudioTechnica/Sennheiser/Beyerdynamic sell headphones and AntLion sell modmics. All of that will serve you better, both out of the box and as far as reliability goes, when compared with what Corsair bring to the table, imo.

Associate
had two psu's fail a tx 650 went with a big bang while i was gaming smoke the lot scared the life out of me :eek: rest of my gear was ok though a hx850i just died and wouldn't turn on.

had two H100i fail well one of them was leaking in the box upon opening and other one leds packed up, but at least they have a UK rma base now and they are fast at turning the rma's around.

Associate
had two psu's fail a tx 650 went with a big bang while i was gaming smoke the lot scared the life out of me :eek: rest of my gear was ok though a hx850i just died and wouldn't turn on.

had two H100i fail well one of them was leaking in the box upon opening and other one leds packed up, but at least they have a UK rma base now and they are fast at turning the rma's around.
if the supply will damage the other component of your system, would Corsair be liable for the damages?

Associate
Don't rate their keyboards myself. Long way below Filco & Leopold. Just usual high price gamer tax and a sub par product

Back
Top Bottom