Are all electrical retail store advisors this annoying?

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;14883741 said:
Perhaps, but I'd be suprised if it was.

It may well be that you are right, but Kahn seems to think he is a fool for buying from a high street store per se. If that isn't what he thinks, he should be a bit clearer in his posts as, with respect, should you if I have indeed misunderstood your posts in this thread. Whether I actually have I'm still not sure.

Soldato
It may well be that you are right, but Kahn seems to think he is a fool for buying from a high street store per se. If that isn't what he thinks, he should be a bit clearer in his posts as, with respect, should you if I have indeed misunderstood your posts in this thread. Whether I actually have I'm still not sure.

No you didn't misunderstand, I would like you to find any high street store selling the same model than cheaper online via various sites which won't be listed.

I am yet to find any high street store which won't try and fob you off with cheaper out of date technology than sell you the latest at a good price.

My point really was that the OP went into a shop which has things called salesmen/women who try and, get this, sell you things. If he didn't want this hassle and didn't want to have to explain that he could tech support him self to a sufficient level not to require paying for insurance or that like most modern day housing/contents insurance covers things like laptops and other items which are removable from the house he should have bought online like most.

KaHn

Permabanned
No you didn't misunderstand, I would like you to find any high street store selling the same model than cheaper online via various sites which won't be listed.
As a rule you are right of course, but sometimes convenience trumps price and that doesn't make one an idiot.

My point really was that the OP went into a shop which has things called salesmen/women who try and, get this, sell you things.
Yeah I do personally realise that which is why I didn't endorse what the OP said in that regard. Sales people of any kind can be annoying but I understand they are doing what they have to do so I don't hold it against them, within reason.

Permabanned
Where did I call the OP an idiot, I merely questioned his logic.

KaHn

At the least you implied he acted foolishly.

Yet you were foolish to make that assumption, because a) you don't know what he paid and b) you don't know whether he knew he could get it cheaper elsewhere but chose to pay a premium for the convenience of buying locally.

:)

Soldato
At the least you implied he acted foolishly.

Yet you were foolish to make that assumption, because a) you don't know what he paid and b) you don't know whether he knew he could get it cheaper elsewhere but chose to pay a premium for the convenience of buying locally.

:)

I know you're being pedantic but I think I speak for the majority of people that the difference (w.r.t. full systems/laptops) for convenience is normally a fair amount of money (100+) with the added hassle of the sales person.

So if he was looking at say a 400 quid laptop in a store it would probably be out of date tech, i've helped a few of my work mates who are early 60s with buying laptops as they were used to just going into a store and purchasing them from there, I asked them to show me the spec and their budget and got them a much better machine using newer tech than what the shops were selling.

Now I admit that if it was somthing like a pair of head phones or a CD drive then paying the convinence premium doesn't bother me (and I imagine most others) but paying the same for old tech when the newer model can be bought online for the same price to me is slightly moronish(sic).

KaHn

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;14883741 said:
Perhaps, but I'd be suprised if it was.

On laptops they frequently are nowadays, theyve featured quite a few on a well-known deals website.

KaHn same goes to you, prices can be just as cheap as online with some deals and models of laptop.

Soldato
On laptops they frequently are nowadays, theyve featured quite a few on a well-known deals website.

KaHn same goes to you, prices can be just as cheap as online with some deals and models of laptop.

I will say it again, from my experience it is normally older laptops which are sold off cheap to clear stock.

KaHn

Caporegime
I will say it again, from my experience it is normally older laptops which are sold off cheap to clear stock.

KaHn

Then you nee dmore experience, or at least make an effort to check the deals sites regularly. I know this because I check the deals site every couple of days, it's not just older models.

Back
Top Bottom