Are Girls Alloud Splitting Up?!

Soldato
Sic said:
you've been here 5 minutes and you dont know me at all so i'll let that go. not that i want to seem snobby or proud of my eclectic taste in music, but i can assure you that i'm far more musically open-minded than you could ever hope to be.

what makes you think that Rammstein is any less "marketed pulp" than Girls Aloud?

Nooo leave him be Sic! :eek:

*tries to hold the gingerhaired hellion back*

Associate
Sic said:
you've been here 5 minutes and you dont know me at all so i'll let that go. not that i want to seem snobby or proud of my eclectic taste in music, but i can assure you that i'm far more musically open-minded than you could ever hope to be.

what makes you think that Rammstein is any less "marketed pulp" than Girls Aloud?

Post counts, and usernames never change do they ;)

Not knowing someone at all, and being assured of their musical tastes is hardly open minded. :cool:

The TV show. The lack of creativity, the adherence to established mainstream pop formulae, banal dance routines and stage performances. The fact that their music is written in a "hit factory", http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4562375.stm :eek:

Should this not be a handbag fight? :D

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Sparky191 said:

Not knowing someone at all, and being assured of their musical tastes is hardly open minded. :cool:

The TV show. The lack of creativity, the adherence to established mainstream pop formulae, banal dance routines and stage performances. The fact that their music is written in a "hit factory", http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4562375.stm :eek:

Should this not be a handbag fight? :D

well, if you're going to instigate a debate, and i should know who you are, wouldn't it be more fair if i knew who you were? then i wouldnt make gross suppositions like the one i just did!

i wasnt assuring you of my musical tastes at all, i was merely pointing out that i am not the sort of person who is incapable of listening to more than one type of music (and being a bit of an arse in the process, but if you already know me, you already knew that :p)

the TV show is just because the industry loves to make money, as an audience, we in the UK love this whole reality TV thing that appears to populate about 80% (figure may have been fabricated) of airtime now. and people love music, it seems logical to combine the 2 and make a bit of cash. in fairness, Pop Idol has weaseled out one very talented singer, whom i'm not ashamed to say (even though i possibly should be) that i really like. Girls Aloud are also very good singers, and they're great performers. i dont see a great singer in Rammstein. i dont see great musicians. i dont see creativity or originality. so you've spotted one difference; the TV show, where the winners win based on popularity of their act, and they chart and are successful based on whether people subsequently buy their productions. how is that process different (in principal) to how Rammstein got bigger? it isnt. so the final difference, they write their own songs. and what imaginitive songs they are. i'd rather listen to good music, sung by people who can sing and written by people who can write, rather than a group of ***** trying to do both and failing dismally, but hey, that's just me.

that may be badly punctuated...i tend to type how i talk, my apologies.

Borris said:
I put on my Wizard's hat and cloak.

wont he want them back?

Soldato
Rhinos don't play games. They charge your ass.

Sparky191 said:

All that prattle, and not one mention of how they sound. I thought this was music we're talking about? Last time I checked sound was pretty important for music.

Stuff the fact they're pre-packaged bubblegum pop or whatever, if people like how they sound, what right do you or I or anyone else have to tell them whether or not they should be listening to them?

Associate
Its the internet, your comments should stand on their own merit, not be qualified by your job, I'm a musican, I'm music producer or because you know the person posting, or your post count etc.

Music is subjective. There is no music that is bad or good. just music you like and dislike. Ability, technical or natural has little bearing on what is liked or disliked either. Again its purely subjective. Any debate in music that revolves around the terms good/bad better/worse is going nowhere.

The exception is push up bra's. I'll conceed on defeate on that one. :D

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Sparky191 said:
Its the internet, your comments should stand on their own merit, not be qualified by your job, I'm a musican, I'm music producer or because you know the person posting, or your post count etc.

Music is subjective. There is no music that is bad or good. just music you like and dislike. Ability, technical or natural has little bearing on what is liked or disliked either. Again its purely subjective. Any debate in music that revolves around the terms good/bad better/worse is going nowhere.

The exception is push up bra's. I'll conceed on defeate on that one. :D

if it's all about music being subjective, why did you not mention the way it sounds once in your previous post? it was all about TV and the fact they didnt write it themselves. i'm starting to think that it wasnt even worth starting this debate. i thought it was going to be fun, too.

ho hum

Back
Top Bottom