Are Girls Alloud Splitting Up?!

Soldato
OP
Belmit said:
Ramstein have flamethrowers, Girls Aloud have push-up bras.

Tomato, tomato.

what a quote

imo girls aloud are better than ramstein or whatever (yes i have heard the music) ignoring the image thing, or the pop rock goth genre thing

quite simply my personal preference is girls aloud, i would rather listen 2 them, when im chilling, when im out

if i heard ramstein in a bar i would leave, its not music its just noise, although that can be said about dance music, which i listen 2

i am open minded in music, doesnt matter what genre it is, if it sounds good i like it

what i hate (and im not saying any1 in this thread is) is people who stick to one genre of music, eg nu metal and then say everything else is carp just because it isnt nu metal, a big example would be emos (sweeping generalisation i kno)

Permabanned
Sparky191 said:
The lack of creativity, the adherence to established mainstream pop formulae,

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Whomever writes their stuff can write a DAMN good pop song and they are certainly 'on the edge' as it were, of pop music with regards to stylistic representation.

*n

Associate
Sic said:
if it's all about music being subjective, why did you not mention the way it sounds once in your previous post? it was all about TV and the fact they didnt write it themselves. i'm starting to think that it wasnt even worth starting this debate. i thought it was going to be fun, too.

ho hum

If you look at the context I was asked why I thought G's Aloud are more "marketed pulp" than Ramstein. I wasn't asked about liking the music. I was amused how many think one bit of music is "better" than another purely because they like it. Its not better, you simply like it more.

Associate
da_mic_1530 said:
...if i heard ramstein in a bar i would leave, its not music its just noise, although that can be said about dance music, which i listen 2....

Being pendantic, its ALL noise. Some noise you like some you don't.

Soldato
Spice Girls > Girls Aloud
Ginger Spice > Ginger Aloud

Girls Aloud obviously produce good pop music otherwise they wouldn't get to number 1 in the popsicle charts. I'm not really into it but I have been known to tap my foot to the sound of the underground.

Soldato
97 posts and a shameful 2 pictures of Girls Aloud... :(

I like them though, they have good tunes. :)

I also like Rammstein's music, not so keen on their look and attitudes but I can't understand their lyrics anyway so not that important. :D

Nix

Nix

Soldato
penski said:
Oh do grow up.

Girls Aloud are one of the best pop acts around at the moment.

*n

They may well be but that doesn't mean I like them. I'm open minded to all forms of music but over-played, over-rated pop dribble makes me cringe.

Oh and for the record... Rammstein are fun to listen to and I prefer them to Girls Aloud, but I will agree that they're far less talented. When I listen to girls aloud's and indeed other pop act's music it all sounds repetative and unimaginative. Once in a while a talented pop musician I enjoy will come along and I'm not ashamed to say I like their music. By the "It's a good day..." remark I simply meant that there are too many pop acts around and they're overplayed to the point they make my ears bleed.

I agree with Sic that these reality shows have produced some talented singers who would have overwise been over looked and as much as I hate reality TV (I loath big brother too) we're stuck with it because it appeals to the masses. In the end it's good for the economy so what's the real harm? Radio's have off buttons for a reason.

I do wonder if girls aloud would be as popular if they weren't as good looking, their music is awful imo but the videos are another matter...

One last thing...

penski said:
I dance to their CDs whilst cooking.

*n

hahahahaha! :D

I demand video evidence!

EDIT:

Some Tweedy goodness:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/in_the_nix/tweedy231280x960.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
penski said:
Oh do grow up.

Girls Aloud are one of the best pop acts around at the moment.

*n

They are also one of the only pop acts, a few years ago they were everywhere - these days its very RnB dominated, and now an increase with more rock/indie music into the charts. I think they've done well to survive to be honest, even more so as they are a reality band.

They hold a few records still like the first ever girl band to debut at number 1, first band to debut with a xmas number 1 aswell.

Either way i quite like there music, ill be seeing them again this year.

Not to mention how stunning Nadine is!

and they are not splitting up :)

Back
Top Bottom