Are there any old xbox games worth looking at for 360?

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the replies peeps. Just got home so I'll look at some of these. Backwards Compat is a shambles imo, some people have probs with some games while the same game is ok on another 360, theres no consistancy it seems.

I'm told that the new GTA with San Andreas/Vice City and another GTA in it doesn't work at all since its a newer version, but the old standalone san andreas is fine.

I think out of the titles you lot mentioned, I'll have a good look at:
1. Ninja Gaiden Black
2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
3. Jade Empire

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Superdude said:
Tell me, is Jade Empire REALLY that good and what did everyone think of
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. Appaerently it was 50/50
I loved Jade Empire and coudln't stop playing it until I'd completed it :o

Kotor2 is good but not as good as Kotor1 nor Jade Empire imo, still worth a purchase though. I haven't completed it yet so it has potential to suddenly become amazing :p

Man of Honour
Kainz said:
Cheers for the replies peeps. Just got home so I'll look at some of these. Backwards Compat is a shambles imo, some people have probs with some games while the same game is ok on another 360, theres no consistancy it seems.

I'm told that the new GTA with San Andreas/Vice City and another GTA in it doesn't work at all since its a newer version, but the old standalone san andreas is fine.

I think out of the titles you lot mentioned, I'll have a good look at:
1. Ninja Gaiden Black
2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
3. Jade Empire

If you havn't played KOTOR I, then go for that first, as it's a better game overall and you'd be missing/spoiling a fair chunk of the storyline, and not have a clue at what's going on. But you probably have already played KOTOR, so I'll be quiet.

Superdude said:
Tell me, is Jade Empire REALLY that good and what did everyone think of
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. Appaerently it was 50/50

As with what Haly said, I'd rank the three games:

1. KOTOR I
2. Jade Empire
3. KOTOR II

They all follow the same adventure system, in ways of running around doing tasks / quests etc, but their combat an levelling systems are different.

Jade Empire, I really, really enjoyed the game, but havn't had time to replay it. I like the combat system as it's actually skill based instead of based on the roll of a dice. This also means the levelling system is a lot easier. This did however make the game a lot more linear than KOTOR I, but it still was a very very good story and good/bad system in it. The actual combat system works very well, but it does feel quite limited after a while as there are only a few moves you can really do for each fighting style you get to use.

KOTOR II is a bit hit and miss with people. Once you get into the game, it gets very good, I'm currently playing through the game again, but in my opinion it is far too linear at the start of the game, for the first 5-8 hours where you don't have a lightsabre. Once you do get a lightsabre however, it becomes a great game with a very good storyline to it and also has some very good characters to it. A major downside to the game is that you can't help but feel you're playing a rushed/unfinished game, as that's precicely what it is. There was so much stuff missed out from the final act, that the ending sequences of battles and scenarios just don't 100% make sense and leave you wondering what the hell is actually going on.

I am very much looking forward to Jade Empire II and the likely Knights of the Old Republic III on the 360 in the next year or two, but I'm sure I can wait :)

Last edited:
Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
DaveyD said:
I am very much looking forward to Jade Empire II and the likely Knights of the Old Republic III on the 360 in the next year or two, but I'm sure I can wait :)
Me too :D Although I don't have a 360 but I will be by then.
Although you're right about Kotor2 being hit and miss, I've still enjoyed playing through it, just not quite as much as Kotor1 and it might not get another play for a while.

Soldato
soundwave said:
Not sure if they work on the 360 but old X-box games I've just got & I'm loving are...

Moto GP 3
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Voodoo Vince
Kung Fu Chaos
Crimson Skies
Project Zero
Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly directors cut

Those last 2 are so scary it's not funny :(
Lights out, Dolby Digital on turned up on your own & I kid you not you are in for one of the nastiest gaming experiences EVER IMO :( :(

Neil

I loved Project Zero; unfortunately I've
Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly directors cut sat on my shelf waiting for backwards compat... come on MS.
Really really tempted with Jade Empire as it's one I missed and I just can't get into PD0 (and DOA4 is starting to do me 'ead in).

I've mixed feeling about KOTORII, loved the first one but found this a little buggy and not quite as engaging.

Back
Top Bottom