1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you able to 'UP' your tariff after signing up?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by Reality Bites, 12 Jan 2006.

1. Reality Bites

Soldato

Just looking into new tariffs at the moment.....but can't decide which would be best for me.

Do providors allow you to 'up' your tariff from say a 500 text/200 min a month to a 1000 text / 300 min a month tariff?

2. dokko

Mobster

Usually after 6 months you can drop your tariff, so you can up it at that time as well.

I'd imaging there would be no problem in increasing your tariff at anytime (as there just getting more money) at the most you may have to wait 3 months into the contract.

3. ste_bla

Sgarrista

Upping they should do anytime as they will be making more money out of it

4. peetee

Soldato

yes you can up your tarrif from day 1 of your contract, but then you must keep this until your 6months into your commitment. After 6months your aloud to reduce your tarriff.
    Basically they dont mind if your paying them more money, but you have to wait 6months since you went into commitment(started the contract) until you can lower your line rental. I know this is true for orange o2 and vodafone, being an orange+o2 user and an ex vodafone employee

5. Dolph

Man of Honour

Orange you can up it and take it back down again within the first 6 month, so long as you don't go below the value of the original plan.

If you join at £30 a month, you can go up to £50 and back down again if you want. However you can't change down to a £25 a month plan regardless.

You are NOT tied into a higher plan if you elect to change tarriff after your signup.

-Dolph

6. jhmaeng

Wise Guy

Beware though, that some cashback offers become invalid if you change your tariff in any way, not just downgrading. So if you have a massive cashback cheque waiting for you at month 12, check the terms of the offer very carefully because even upgrading your tariff may void the offer.

7. jhmaeng

Wise Guy

As Dolph said about Orange, also on Vodafone they are quite happy to move your tariff up and down even within 6 months as long as it does not go down below your starting tariff.

8. Reality Bites

Soldato

exactly what i needed to know.....thanks for the replies.