• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are you going buy one ATI new 5 series or wait to see what Nvidia releases ??

Caporegime
No he isn't :rolleyes:

I'm sure he isn't being entirely serious, all he's saying is that it'll take a lot for him to go back to nVidia, which is a fair claim as countless people are very unhappy with nVidia lately, with very valid reasons.

Of course he is, he spouts the same immature NV hate in almost every GPU thread.

Permabanned
Buying 2x 5870s 2gig versions.

Nvidia havent got a hope in hell of getting my money, even if they released a 20x more powerfull card.

thats the definition of fanboyism btw.

buying an ati 5870 if benchmarks are confirmed and if nvidia makes a good come back and outperforms ati by a good margin i'll switch back to them.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
It does make me lol, all these brand haters for no apparent reason. I always go with the best performing kit I can get at the time of an upgrade, regardless of what they've come out with before. I must admit it does look like ATi might be getting my money this time, but I will probably wait and see what Nvidia comes out with before making my decision.

Honestly you'd think that (insert video card corporation here) had slept with their wives or gf's the way some of them go on :p Brand loyalty get's you precisely nowhere in terms of computer hardware, why bite your nose off to spite your face :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Almost everyone got a fav brand for many reasons and a lot of factors come into play it is just depends which ones you think are important.

Caporegime

Congrats in posting a link from 3 months ago, my hat goes off to you.

One from yesterday... http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=14863454&postcount=2

Becuse NVIDIA know how to rip people off.
Becuse NVIDIA Like to try and rip people off with there underhanded sneaky tactics.
Becuse NVIDIA phsyx tech is a load of crap

well basicly NVIDIA sucks, can you tell i dont like NVIDIA the last card i had from nvidia was 8800GTX and never again will i buy from them, there underhanded sneakyness and overprice gouging has hit the nail on the head for me.

Stick with ATI mate ATI are more future worthy than NVIDIA, just look at there prices and specs and there new cards.

It's a like a chimp with a keyboard.

Soldato
Gonna wait until christmas. So far the only thing i know about the 5 series is that it will support many monitors, something that doesn't intrest me. Found it hard to buy a 24" monitor, doubt i could justify buying another 2.

CH3

CH3

Associate
If it's quiet then I'll be tempted. My x1950 with a pre-fitted Zalman hs/fan was very quiet even under load. My current 3870 has a 120mm self-fitted fan with controller on it and it's almost as good (although a manual control). Just want an almost silent card under normal desktop use and not bothered under load cos I'll be blasting Nazis in Wolfenstein with headphones on.

Soldato
Not buying anything until a game (other than Crysis) is released that makes use of it. My 'lowly' 4870 runs ever other game I play at over 100 fps. No point getting a card that makes it run 300 fps :p

Soldato
Almost everyone got a fav brand for many reasons and a lot of factors come into play it is just depends which ones you think are important.

I bought the 4870 since it was £2 cheaper than the 260 at the time. Before that I got the 8800 GTS since ATI at the time didn't have any DX10 cards out. I'm truly a whore, can be bought easily if the price is right. Never seen a difference apart from those people make up in their heads.

Associate
Getting a 5870X2 when it is released not waiting for what maybe a better card and deffo not without some idea if it is going to better. Like a lot i am not happy with nvidias business practice though i have no problem with their hardware. It is a valid reason to not buy nvidia whether some like it or not and if it is so stupid to avoid products because of percieved unethical practices explain to me the boom in people buying ethical and fair trade stuff day in day out. Just because someone thinks it's a rubbish reason not to buy from some company doesn't actually make it stupid people buy what they are happy buying personal choice and all that and no one should and no one has the right to ridicule anyone for doing it.

Soldato
I couldnt care what you all think fanboy or not is beside the point, my post was to make one thing very clear. I HATE NVIDIA. not because i favor them as they do come out with great hardware its there underhanded ethics that 100% bothers me.

so there for if you think im a fanboy so be it.
i will not buy a nvidia card again. not untill they change there ways wich is very unlike nvidia.

these forums are to give your own view and opinions if others dont like it then so be it, like i care what other people think that are half way across the globe.

Back
Top Bottom