1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you working over Christmas?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FBi7, 21 Dec 2020.

1. Captain

Capodecina

Finish Wednesday, back Feb 2nd.

2. Thekwango

Capodecina

off now till the 4th though may well get the odd packied call or support ticket come through.

i hope your colleagues genuinely appreciate you for doing this for them?

3. montymint

Underboss

me and my OH are the same, our teams have parents with kids at the age where Christmas is most special and we have cats haha

4. Uther

Capodecina

Working Wednesday 23rd then back in 3.30 am Boxing Day.

5. Efour

Caporegime

23 24 and 25th! and NYE.. yay lol triple pay though.

6. occuda

Associate

I am normally on call for a few day over the christmas perios, but this year is my first year off in a long time. I was in work today and it was dead, I spent the last 5 hours listening to music and browsing the web, as nearly everyone (apart from a small team in producton) are off now until the new year. I am hoping that someone does not have a senior moment and breaks a PC or laptop tomorrow or Wednesday.

7. Dugganator

Wise Guy

Last day of work was the 8th December I had a load of holiday to take so not back until the 4th Jan. but I think working 9 months straight all from home I needed a break.... to spend it stuck in my house :p

8. Pawnless Endgame

Capodecina

NHS admin here. Got Christmas Day off, then Boxing Day is a roll-over day next Monday, so got that off plus NYD. So standard fare really. I have also booked the 4th Jan off. Some entire departments however, e.g. Payroll buggers off for a fortnight!

9. Arsonist

Wise Guy

Finish on the 23rd, in on the 30th for one day, back in on the 4th. Don't think that's too bad. Although I've had 6 months off this year already so really don't feel like I need much of a break!

10. SDK^

Capodecina

I finished on Friday - back in the 4th :cool:

Spent today watching my son play football - beating Wolves Academy U9’s 6-1 :) He got a hat-trick.

Last edited: 21 Dec 2020
  11. GTanny

Mobster

Finished this morning at 06:30, return on New year's Day at 06:30 so no new year celebrations for me but I get Christmas with my partner and children.

12. Throrik

Wise Guy

Some of them do, some of them probably couldn't give a monkey's. It's a good time for quiet documentation days too.

13. Destination

Capodecina

On call Christmas Day and Boxing Day, 9-1 each day, no clue if I'll be called in or not. Former I'd think not, latter who knows, probably.

14. Hades

Caporegime

Sadly yes. I will be working half a day on Boxing Day and half a day on New Years day. Extremely annoyingly I won't even get paid for it as it's expected each year that we cover it. I will get time off in lieu but that's all (ie one day back). It's pretty crap really and I think I'm going to refuse next year.

No time off for me apart from Christmas day.

15. Jae-So

Mobster

Off until the 4th

16. tom_e

Man of Honour

Not this year :D
    Finish on the 23rd and back in on the 30th longest Christmas I've had off since I started my "career" jobs nearly 13 years ago.

17. NoobCannon

Soldato

Im working right thru now to new years morning.

Will earn more working christmas day than i would in a normal month so cant pass it up really.

18. Lysander

Capodecina

Off 25th-28th Dec inclusive and then back for the pointless last week of the year which is always dead.

19. koolpc

Capodecina

I was but now self isolating

20. ivrytwr3

Mobster

Finished 18th Dec, back 4 Jan.

Same as most years unless deployed out of the country over that period.

I guess i should count myself lucky as for many years my Mrs worked retail, where i got 2 - 3 weeks off, she got Xmas and Boxing Day and was back into work!!