Are you working over Christmas?

Associate
Was going to be off from this afternoon till January, but do to others in team either recovering from or isolating due to covid I have to man the fort. One got it from teacher wife, other from daughter in school. Luckily we never get to see each other.

Soldato
By rota fortune I finished for Xmas just over an hour ago and have to work two of the next 19 days (next Tues and Weds), having booked off the first full week of January ~14 months ago. While I really need the time to recharge after a crazy last nine months at work and how Covid has affected us at home, just gutted I couldn't safely spend some of it with family.

Soldato
On call Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to give the lads who have kids a chance to enjoy it without the risk of being called out, on call 28th and then working 29th-31st. So no real break this year.

Soldato
I've got a half day on Christmas Eve, then I'm back in on the 29th. I'd usually have the week off, but seeing as my family won't be visiting and I can't go climbing in Wales there isn't much for me to do at home so I might as well come in. With the way the bank holidays fall, I'll only be in for three days and doubt I'll be doing much anyway.

Associate
I am. :(

The way my shifts have fallen this year are day shifts 24th and 25th, night shifts on 26th and 27th. I can't really complain too much as I have New Year off and I had both Christmas and New Year off last year.

Just interested to see how many of you are in the same boat as me?

Working on the 24th but off on Christmas =)

Soldato
Manufacturing.

Last day of work today. I’ve had the troops doing stocktaking on our small production facility. Everyone is tired mentally so I’m hoping we can leave early today and just continue when we return on 4th Jan.

Soldato
Yes other than bank holidays. Working from home so it'll be very relaxed I hope!

I'm an accountant but working in the heating/plumbing/electric industry so things don't really stop

Back
Top Bottom