1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arg DoA4

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by vaultingSlinky, 29 May 2006.

1. vaultingSlinky

Mobster

Righty ive been loving this game and playing loads, im close to being good at time attack and getting bronze, and im ever getting close to silver in survival.

Ive unlocked every costume, and done all the exercises in sparring except for Hayate and Ryu. What the hell is up with that Rajin move, i cant even get the first bit right (even with a punch to 'buffer' the directional input). I can complete the Izuna move for ryu, but there is a move after where you have to punch them into the air, then izuna them, and im finding this ******* difficult.

Im literally 2 moves from unlocking tengu and getting all the offline achievements...so has anyone got any tips?

Cheers

Slinky

2. McDaniel

Capodecina

i managed Ryus move, took me 2 hours mind, googling around for some tips for the other dudes move the Rajin thing.

Time attack is easier if you change options to 1 round, though i still not managed Gold Time Trial Tag.

The Survival is a pain i was 1 kill away from Silver on Tag, but ive not played DOA4 since Feb! (i think)

Just learn to continuously combo for the Survival, dont let the AI get a hit in

3. vaultingSlinky

Mobster

Yea im good at survival for like the first 10 kills, then my concentration seems to wain, and i let combos in. Add to the fact for some reason im rubbish vs Hitomi and Gen fu it gets annoying :p

The tag mode is fun :) i find it a bit easier than single, but havent played it much.

If you set the rounds to one, can you still get the medals in time trial?

4. suarve

Mobster

As far as i know to unlock Tengu you have to:

Code:
    Complete Time Attack with all characters, including the unlockable characters 
    . I think doing the sparring sessions unlocks new announcer voices for the game. See here

5. McDaniel

Capodecina

you can get the Gold/Silver/Bronze awards by changing time trial rounds to 1 round, but it wont count to unlocking the costumes.

6. Yewen

Capodecina

What times do you have to get to get that?

The Alpha person is still getting me, have not mastered the counter system yet. :(

7. McDaniel

Capodecina

i got a flawless on Alpha with Ryu :D for both rounds.

erm

Bronze (Single) Complete single in 5:00 to 6:00
    Bronze (Tag) Complete tag in 3:00 to 3:30
    Gold (Single) Complete single in less than 4:30
    Gold (Tag) Complete tag in less than 2:30
    Silver (Single) Complete single in 4:30 to 5:00
    Silver (Tag) Complete tag in 2:30 to 3:00

8. vaultingSlinky

Mobster

hehe dont worry im still pretty rubbish with the countering, but im getting better.

The trick with alpha is to not play her like the other characters. Keep your distance, jump in with a power punch/3 hit combo, then get out of the way again.

9. Yewen

Capodecina

Cheers for that!

Ahh, I missed out on bronze by 10 seconds with 2 rounds for each person on my only attempt. :(

Flawless every round up until Alpha, then died LOADS, as usual.

I like playing as the first gal, with the mermaid video. Got her sorted good and proper now on the combo front, one string of attacks = KO. :D

10. loxwood

Associate

I've been going through the time attack success with every character and it can be a real nightmare. Typically I'm between about 8 to 15 minutes but some (Spartan and the Tina's dad guy) have taken over 45 hugely frustrating minutes all on Alpha and where I've almost smashed anything around me.

Almost there though!

11. vaultingSlinky

Mobster

yay i just got a time of 5.24 on normal settings go me, i like la mariposa

Ive just now unlocked tengu....what a lame character lol.

edit arg my hands hurt lol, all i need to 'achieve' now is survival 40-80 and 100 kills, and im done (until i get online that is hehe)

Last edited: 29 May 2006