ARGB 3 pin into a 4 pin motherboard connection HELP!

Associate
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I recently purchased a Raijintek Silenos Pro ARGB Mid-Tower Gaming Case. I have an MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX motherboard.

The case has a RGB fan control board within it. The control board has a sata power connector to go to the PSU and a cable with a 3 pin connector. The 3 pin (I believe 5v) connector is a female with the layout of 2pin, blank, 1 pin.

Is there any way of connecting the control board to the motherboard?

I have the lights working, I assume from the SATA PSU connection but the fans do not come on.

If I plug the one fan onto the 4 pins on the motherboard directly with a standard 3 pin connector (just missing the last pin) the fan will spin.

Any help with an adapter or something would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Currently pulling my hair out

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I recently purchased a Raijintek Silenos Pro ARGB Mid-Tower Gaming Case. I have an MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX motherboard.

The case has a RGB fan control board within it. The control board has a sata power connector to go to the PSU and a cable with a 3 pin connector. The 3 pin (I believe 5v) connector is a female with the layout of 2pin, blank, 1 pin.

Is there any way of connecting the control board to the motherboard?

I have the lights working, I assume from the SATA PSU connection but the fans do not come on.

If I plug the one fan onto the 4 pins on the motherboard directly with a standard 3 pin connector (just missing the last pin) the fan will spin.

Any help with an adapter or something would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Currently pulling my hair out
The only way i've seen people get round this is by using a third party controller. Some controllers will convert the 3pin signal so it can be used in a 4pin connection, i believe coolermaster makes one that does this. You could plug the 3pin cable into one of the headers on the third party controller and then use that to then connect to the 4pin header on your board and control it via software. The controllers usually have preset settings as well that you can flick through to change colours and modes if that doesn't work.

Soldato
Google this:

Cooler Master ARGB LED Controller with 4 x 3-Pin Ports - Multiple Colour Effects, Thermal Detection Mode, 4-Pin RGB Device Compatible

Associate
OP
The only way i've seen people get round this is by using a third party controller. Some controllers will convert the 3pin signal so it can be used in a 4pin connection, i believe coolermaster makes one that does this. You could plug the 3pin cable into one of the headers on the third party controller and then use that to then connect to the 4pin header on your board and control it via software. The controllers usually have preset settings as well that you can flick through to change colours and modes if that doesn't work.

Thank you I have decided this is going to be my best if not only option! Much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom