ARGB Controllers

Associate
So I've recently purchased one of the new 3070 cards (Palit Gamerock 3070) and the card comes with and ARGB cable

Going through the manual of installing the ARGB, it seems I would need an ARGB controller to connect to my motherboard, as my current motherboard (ASUS Prime z370-p) has no 3/4 pin headers

I've tried to do some research and find a good ARGB controller before my card arrives, as the palit site does say the cable can be plugged into motherboard or ARGB controller and I'm not sure what the correct choice would be

Obviously I only need the controller for 1 piece of ARGB (my GPU) so I don't need multiple slots for 3-pin cables. But I'm not sure what controller would be CORRECT for this scenario as some will say '3-pin connector' on the description, but that actually means 3-pin header connection to the motherboard
I'm also unsure which controllers will allow the motherboard to control the ARGB as most of the controllers seem to be controlled by remote or the device itself. One of the ones I've looked into is the Coolermaster Mini Addressable RGB LED Controller. Maybe that would be perfect as it doesn't have 8 or so slots and is only connected by SATA?

Are there any specs I should be looking for like 'SATA cable connection' or 'internal USB connection' to make sure I buy the right one
Or does anyone have any recommendations for ARGB controllers that would fit this build
I have emailed Palit themselves as I do want to know how the software will interact with this controller, but advice from here would be great too

Any info or help would be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom