• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Arghh, don’t know what to do now.

Associate
I was going to get a used year old one for £325 locally but picked up new Asus OC card for £395. As I got £350 for my old card this has only cost me £45. I am happy enough for now.

I know for a bit more again there will be better cards but I don’t care, I’ll upgrade next year when everything settles down.
Peace!

Very wise mate ,

Associate
running the same cpu at 4.6gz and same ram 16gb 3200mhz and the asus dual evo oc 2070 super at 1440p g synch 144hz and its ok for what i play but cant max out the settings and averaging around 100fps, its a nice card but i really want the 3080 to max out and get more fps

Associate
OP
running the same cpu at 4.6gz and same ram 16gb 3200mhz and the asus dual evo oc 2070 super at 1440p g synch 144hz and its ok for what i play but cant max out the settings and averaging around 100fps, its a nice card but i really want the 3080 to max out and get more fps

To be honest I should have just kept the 1080ti as it did fine in everything I play, I just got the 3080 gas!

When I do upgrade this current PC will still be a perfectly capable machine. I might even dedicate it to my music production and the new one for gaming only!

Associate
I was going to get a used year old one for £325 locally but picked up new Asus OC card for £395. As I got £350 for my old card this has only cost me £45. I am happy enough for now.

I know for a bit more again there will be better cards but I don’t care, I’ll upgrade next year when everything settles down.
Peace!

I sold my 1080Ti for about the same you did, and purchased a cheap 7870 for the mean time, xmas is really going to suck if the 3080 doesn't arrive before.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I sold my 1080Ti for about the same you did, and purchased a cheap 7870 for the mean time, xmas is really going to suck if the 3080 doesn't arrive before.

Yep, I wasn’t going to wait around, checking daily to see if any stock updates. Plus not knowing if there were going to be technical issues with my £700 purchase, no thanks. I’m happy I’ve bought the 2070 Super, it will do for now.

Associate
Yep, I wasn’t going to wait around, checking daily to see if any stock updates. Plus not knowing if there were going to be technical issues with my £700 purchase, no thanks. I’m happy I’ve bought the 2070 Super, it will do for now.

The only issue I see with the 2070S is the 3070 launch, that will probably cripple the resell price, that's why I sold my 1080Ti early and went with a cheap GPU I can keep as spare incase/when the 3080 kicks the bucket.

Associate
OP
Yeah no rush here either, i'll just grab one when i can :)

Just coming back to say that the RTX 2070 Super is doing great!

In Assetto Corsa Competizione (3440x1440) I am locked at 100fps and it looks and feels fantastic.
In Battlefield 5 (2560x1440) with settings cranked up everything looks and feels fantastic too.

Lesson learned - no need to upgrade for the sake of it when something shiny and new comes out! I can now sit back and watch everything unfold over the next few months.
By going this route it’s cost me £45 to get a brand new card instead of £2K+ for a new computer which probably wouldn’t have made game play any more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom