1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

arghh i'm so mad at overclockers delivery (edit: not that mad anymore)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HippoTank, 5 May 2018.

Tags:
  1. HippoTank

Associate

Sorry guys just need to rant somewhere.

I ordered a silverstone mini-itx case from OCUK to build a PC for my gf for the bank holiday weekend, and paid for saturday delivery. It comes today, and it's the wrong item! They delivered me a Seasonic PSU!

I call them up and they refund the shipping cost, but can't send me my item until the PSU is sent back (so I have to trek to my local DPD office) - they won't pick it up. Meaning it probably won't reach them until after the bank holiday, and then I have to wait for my case to come :(

Everytime someone queries OCUK's expensive delivery they always justify it by saying the delivery service is very good. Which is fine, and the guys on the phone at OCUK were polite and helpful, but in terms of returns/mistakes Amazon trumps them every time which is enough for me to choose them.

I was expecting (hoping) that they would send out the case for sunday delivery and pick up the PSU at the same time, since the incorrect item is on them. But now I'm stuck with no present for my gf asides from a bunch of PC components. Sigh... big let down

2. Huggie86

Wise Guy

Mistakes happen, life goes on. Its going to be gorgeous this weekend. Take the girl out for a picnic and a nice stroll. Enjoy the weather!

3. robfosters

Haby Birtdoy

This. Surely frolicking naked in a field in the glorious sunshine is better than building a PC. It’s what I plan to do. I’ve just got to kidnap find a girl willing to frolic with me.

4. Schizo

Capodecina

Or you could stay in and do some knitting :)

5. Diddums

Capodecina

What? Knitting? Dude, the 60s rang, they want their hobby back. We're all about cross stitching now.

6. andicole0

Soldato

I do wonder where you could at least get one from for tomorrow and just get the refund from ocuk.
    Andi.

7. robfosters

Haby Birtdoy

I’ll leave that to the other chap.

Anyway, I’m having to inject myself twice a day atm, so have had quite enough of needles thank you very much.

8. Doogles

Mobster

Return the PSU get refund for both item and delivery and get the case elsewhere that does bank holiday delivery?

9. Diddums

Capodecina

That bad huh? Sorry to hear that mate, hope you're doing ok :)

10. james.miller

Capodecina

Its ocuks mistake, they should be making sure you get the item you paid for on the day you paid for it to be delivered. Sending you a psu you didnt order is entirely their problem to solve.

11. HippoTank

Associate

Yeah this is basically it (sadly) :p
    I'll just cut my losses and submit to the higher powers :rolleyes:

I did consider this - but i'd have to pay for the delivery (which is even higher) so i've just accepted it all now, you guys have accepted my rant so I feel better :D

I guess Amazon set a high bar for this sort of stuff which I shouldn't come to expect from everywhere. OK off to get this parcel sent back now :o

12. HippoTank

Associate

Yeah it's true, not much I can do now though. But I'll always strive to order from somewhere else that will sort a problem like this better in the future. Just a learning experience for me at the end of the day.

13. Diddums

Capodecina

If you're set on building this weekend then I'd source it elsewhere and get a refund. If not, then enjoy the weather and build later. It sucks but it's a fact of life unfortunately.

14. robfosters

Haby Birtdoy

Cheers mate, got a suspected blood clot in the heart, but it looks like it’s getting smaller so going in the right direction.

15. Caged

Capodecina

It's a bit much to not collect the incorrect item from you

16. BENBOBBY

Gangster

If you have the funds available you could order the case as a new order. Then return the PSU at a later date + a full refund.

17. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

Send them a box of Maltesers in the return box and see how they like it?

18. Jamauk

Wise Guy

Did you get any Haribo?

19. HippoTank

Associate

Sent it back in the box, no telling what they would do if i swiped it :D:D

20. Diddums

Capodecina

Good to hear, your attitude is an inspiration, and I mean that.