arghh i'm so mad at overclockers delivery (edit: not that mad anymore)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

In situations like this, where delivery for a particular date is important I’d just order the correct item and get a refund on the wrong item.

This saves on the whole “we need to wait for it to come back first” thing and it means you get it next day.

The stickler is you’d have to call up and see if they’d be willing to give you free express shipping for free but because of the bank holiday weekend you’re probably stuffed either way.

Soldato
They should send the case out ASAP while waiting for the returned PSU. They shouldn't be holding you to ransom with it. That's not top customer service.

Associate
I thought Overclockers customer service was supposed to be first class hence why sometimes you pay a little more for the products compared with others?

Soldato
It doesn't beat the 4 missed delivery days for my case. I eventually got it on the 5th day waiting in for it after being promised over and over that it would definitely be coming on the arranged days.
The gesture of the delivery cost refund and a free game was appreciated, but I just found it really inept that 4 days were missed. (The last one was apparently the couriers fault and the first three were OCUK).

OcUK Staff
Hi @HippoTank ,

I am very sorry to hear about this situation. I am sure that this was an honest mistake on our part and I am sure that there is a simple solution for this.

I have passed your information on to our support team, they will be in contact with you shortly.

Regards,

Associate
OP
OK so I sent off the PSU and the haribo and was forced to enjoy the sunshine instead of staying inside and building a pc alone :rolleyes:

On the way home I got a call from the OCUK customer service manager who said that since it was their mistake they have no problem sending the case for delivery tomorrow (Sunday)
I did accept my unfortunate fate before, so this was a nice surprise! Overall this was a bit of a long procedure (thinking of it, it may have been this thread that helped things along) but a good outcome. So +1 for OCUK and knowing that their customer service team will sort things out when needed. When I called originally, I didn't really want to make a fuss on the phone and ruin some poor guys weekend demanding a re-delivery which by the sounds of it wouldn't happen, so I moved on. Life too short for stress :cool:

I only joined these forums a week ago and thanks everyone for the support and listening to my bank holiday weekend rant :D You guys are cool :cool:

Hi @HippoTank ,
I am very sorry to hear about this situation. I am sure that this was an honest mistake on our part and I am sure that there is a simple solution for this.
No problem, it was definitely a mistake as the PSU had the case's product code stuck on it. Fortunately everyone came to a good agreement so it's nice to see things can be worked out. Thanks for passing my post on, it's likely it's what caused them to contact me :) Have a great day!

Associate
Did you not think something was up when you took deliery of a parcel smaller than a case?

And next time eat the Haribo

Caporegime
In situations like this, where delivery for a particular date is important I’d just order the correct item and get a refund on the wrong item.

This saves on the whole “we need to wait for it to come back first” thing and it means you get it next day.

this tbh.. though it would have perhaps been helpful if they'd just offered to do the same. He ordered something that hasn't arrived, they should just send that item really... the fact he's also been sent something by mistake doesn't preclude them from sending the correct item any more than if they'd sent that thing by mistake in addition to the correct item. I mean if they'd packed a case and added in a PSU by mistake he'd still be returning it, albeit they might need to sort out the return rather than use some leverage to get him to do with leg work for their error.

Back
Top Bottom