Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

Associate
The should be this August releasing the DX12 version off the game should they not, I looking forward to seeing what improvements it brings "If any "

I've never had any issue with this game crashing, or fps problems, and the few I play with seem to be the same.

same here no, no chrashes here two and have it installed on two pcs

Associate
Anybody getting this error message?: ARK shootergame.exe no entry point found vcp110.dll
It is also giving me black sea and sky.. I have reinstalled C++ dist from the ARK insatlled directory..

Permabanned
Have you like me been considering this?

But been thinking "Early Access, no thank you I'll wait"

Well Steam has it as one of four free titles this bank holiday so give it a go and see what you think.

I will be.

Soldato
Set my game to lowest settings for a thread on /v/ and now when I put it back to Epic the trees are almost flat.. Woops! Fingers crossed a verify of files worked. Aim tonight is build a huge mansion.

Soldato
I've joined the server and leveling my way up, any tribes that are willing to take anyone in? It's a harsh a hard game alone :(

lol.. I just joined in ARK as well and I have nooooo idea what the heck I'm doing :rolleyes: :D

Logged onto the server listed above. Managed to nick some rocks and start a camp fire in one of Hammer's thatch places (thanks!!). No idea how I am meant to actually craft the stuff though. Found a crate (big shiny spinning thing in the sky (weird!)) and just as I was getting some stuff out of it, the game froze and kicked me to desktop lol

Last edited:
Associate
Delayed;

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/520518053440119300/#p2

Heading, 10 Hours ago;

[08/28/15] ARK DirectX 12 Delay
ARK DirectX 12 Delay

Hello Survivors,

It's been a long week here at Studio Wildcard as the programming team has been grinding to get the DX12 version ready for release. It runs, it looks good, but unfortunately we came across some driver issues that we can't entirely tackle ourselves :(. We’ve reached out to both NVIDIA and AMD and will be working with them to get it resolved as soon as possible! Once that’s tackled, we’ll be needing to do more solid testing across a range of hardware with the new fixes. Sadly, we're gonna have to delay its release until some day next week in order to be satisfied with it. It's disappointing to us too and we're sorry for the delay, really thought we’d have it nailed today but we wouldn't want to release ARK DX12 without the care it still needs at this point. Hang in there, and when it's ready for public consumption, it should be worth the wait!

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Played a couple of games in the unnatural selection SOTF qualifier.

Took me practically the whole day to get in. Got down to the last 8 on the 2nd game and got knocked out by a cheater. My partner and I against a single dude, clearly in hide armour. 3 shot gun rounds close to the face and then about a dozen tranq arrows to the head (he was a porcupine head) and he kept coming. Poked him I reckon 20 times yet he jump off a cliff into the river and then came back full pelt up the mountain again fresh as a daisy. Unlimited stanima

Had pumped pratically all in speed yet this guy was faster??? He must have fired about 50 arrows and was shockingly bad as he could not hit me or my teammate once as we flanked him both sides. Yet despite our combined visual damage the guy was indestructible.

After 10 mins of battling he whips out a metal hatchet and one shots me instant death from full health and chitin armour. Partner survives 2 swipes same thing.

GL to him when he gets into finals and main stream. Hope the admin or dev bans his ass. Suppose with $20k on the line it brings out all sorts.

Last edited:
Associate
I had a few friends that have been playing this so when the free weekend started I joined in. They had a big old base with a selection of dino's on a PVE server. With it being early release its buggy but that's to be expected. They keep adding new content (personally I'd like to see a few more fixes than new content). But its fun. Except when you lose a friends dino or you spend 4 hours trying to find the main base to return the another dino. But I do now own the game. I won't venture into PVP untill I understand more about the basics of the game.

Associate
I put it on for a mess around to kill time during the free weekend & bought it as soon as the time was up, Ive always bin disappointed with survival games but this one is allot of fun & has bin really well done (Especially for early access).

I started a character a few hours ago on the [PvE] KYE Server its very friendly & the PvE aspect makes it allot safer for new players, its the perfect place to try things out & learn the game, I started building a house on the West Coast :D

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Savior from Heros tribe won the $20,000 for Unatural Selection Comp.

No Grazt i'm afraid the guy was an absolute lamer. He basically camped and built a hut in the centre and waited until everyone else was dead. Pathetic tbh as he didnt even try and fight.

Finally one on one and he goes out and flukes the win :( Really bad final.

Soldato
This game seem to eat any ram you have available.

I was running a few weeks back with 8GB and it was using around 4/5Gb and running well. Got another 8GB last week and now it's up to 12/13Gb usage on some sessions.

Soldato
Ok, so after playing the game for about 100 hours my best tame was a t-rex lvl 116 I think (was about 170 after the tame and lvl 197 when it ripped when I attacked an alpha t-rex lvl 116). I started a fresh tribe with some random guys and we did well for the first few days but the tribe is super small, only 3 and it seems like it's going to stay this way. The other guys are not very active and therefore I am looking for a new bigger and more active tribe.

I am mainly interested in the PvE content, don't rally wanna get into the PvP offline raiding crap etc

I don't mind starting fresh on a new server if this is what I have to do.

Please let me know if anyone has any space for me in their tribe :)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Finally starting to get some success in SOTF. By no means a expert as there still a tonne of stuff which i am not utilising correctly in pvp. Was only a 70 player server. Once you tame the Dragon it was epic.!! Careful though u only have 10 mins before it despawns so make the most out of it and claim as much goods and tames as you can. Survivor tracker helps!

Victory!! (had to censor the picture as this is a family friendly forum after all)
ip1c00.jpg

Check the size the T-Rex to the Dragon
33cavpd.jpg

Was a little slow with the screenshot. As he was breathing fire and stuff.
2po429x.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Admin on the KYE server added a few new mods. Including APEX animals.

Me and a mate went out and tamed a APEX T-rex.
Big and beautiful! :D

Apex%201.jpg

Apex%202.jpg

Apex%203.jpg

Associate
I have a server if anyone would like to join us. We have about 10 active members at the moment using it at different times. If anyones interested send me a trust, its passworded as we want to have a good community and keep all the hackers out so no point in posting it here.

We treat people as they treat us

Back
Top Bottom